• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Allow Oregon to vote on and leave the Union peacefully and remain an ally to the Nati

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
Allow Oregon to vote on and leave the Union peacefully and remain an ally to the Nation.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...on-peacefully-and-remain-ally-nation/X3kWX8kF

With the Federal Govenrment increasing it's size much larger than our Founding Father's intended, and it's abuse of power trumping over the rights of State constitutions, and the forcing of unconstitutional laws over it's own citizens, the people of Oregon would like the chance to vote on leaving the Union immediately. The Federal Government has imposed policies on Oregon that are not in Oregon's best intrests, and we as citizens would respectively and peacably seperate ourselves from a tyranical Government who cares nothing about creating a sustainable future for our children. At any time that the citizens of Oregon felt the Federal Government was no longer imposing on the Constitution we could re-vote to again join the Union under a new agreement.

david.ross

People who sign the petition of secession should be charged with treason.

I signed this petition instead:
Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.
http://wh.gov/9FAY

Last edited:

Phlip74

This petition is an act of civil war against the USA

Any one signing this petition is agreeing to a civil war with the United States. It is IMHO an act of treason.

VW_Factor

Some people are really over the top with this stuff.

I do believe that any state has the right to leave the union WITHOUT going to war. (Why would anyone even assume that would happen is beyond me).

Treason? Really?

And deport to where? Whomever wants out of the Union, not their State.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I do believe that any state has the right to leave the union WITHOUT going to war. (Why would anyone even assume that would happen is beyond me).

+1

Our country exists because we declared independence from our previous country. Our Declaration of Independence has many citations of King George's impingements upon the colonies, that whole, "We hold these truths..." thing. "...Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." Would our list of complaints against the federal government be as long as the original list? Perhaps. There are people today that wish that we stay with our current government, much like there were before. There are people today that wish that we parted ways with our current government, much like there were before.

The Declaration makes one thing clear though, we all are the guardians of liberty, and if tyranny takes hold and drives us endlessly toward despotism, then our duty is to appropriately resist.