Thread: Police Taser Homeowner For Trying To Save Burning House With Garden Hose

Police Taser Homeowner For Trying To Save Burning House With Garden Hose

This will make you all warm an fuzz inside, if you love police abuse.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Looks like I put this post on this board about the same time you did. Please remove my thread.

I used to be on the fire dept here and we have actually had homes saved before by people like this. Especially when it take us 20 minutes to get to the home in the mountains of western N.C.

On your own property, no crime committed. Sounds like a court cast to me.

If your not in the commission of a crime then police should just step back off your property. They were interfering with a homeowner who had done nothing wrong.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 154
Size:  270 Bytes

Name:  faint.gif
Views: 149
Size:  2.0 KB

"Well we could have charged him with obstruction of justice, or interfering with a police officer"...whatever they threatened to charge him with...what BS!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Banned

Where do they find these officers? Will I be able to add a stamp to my apologist bingo card from this thread?

"In essence, you were defying a police officer's orders."

Spoken like a true tool. I wonder if the camerawoman would be willing to defy "a police officer's orders" if she was ordered by one to have sex with him, lest she be tased? Apples to oranges, I know. Yet, when mandatory compliance is expected regardless of any legal or moral authority to demand it, where does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by The Trickster View Post

Spoken like a true tool. I wonder if the camerawoman would be willing to defy "a police officer's orders" if she was ordered by one to have sex with him, lest she be tased? Apples to oranges, I know. Yet, when mandatory compliance is expected regardless of any legal or moral authority to demand it, where does it end?
    That would be an interesting case. It's more apples to apples than you might think.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trickster View Post

In a place like Lexington Green on the morning of March 19, 1775.

Or, more humorously, on a Boston street where two customs inspectors tried to break into a barricaded shop under authority of a Writ of Assistance to command passersby to help them. Things got a little out of hand and the inspectors abandoned the attempt, deciding it was best to avoid bloodshed--their own.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    It's more apples to apples than you might think.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    That would be an interesting case. It's more apples to apples than you might think.
    Please feel free to cite any case law or ordinance for that state that substantiates this. It has been discussed in another forum....using some state law, but seems to only to be effective for 'public property', doesn't address private property. From a criminal standpoint, they have to have a statute to charge them(I guess you could charge him with anything, but the prosecutor prolly would not appreciate them wasting their time).

From a civil standpoint, the police officers/city may have some concern.....if the facts remain relatively the same.
    Last edited by Redbaron007; 11-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Banned
    We're from the government and we have come to help.

Bzzzz Bzzzz Zat.