Thread: Man tasered by police during fire

Man tasered by police during fire

Trying to put out a fire even when there are no firemen around and no crime is being committed, you are on your own property lands one guy arrested.

http://pinellaspark.wtsp.com/news/ne...alls-it-brutal

Quote Originally Posted by wardtom084 View Post
    Trying to put out a fire even when there are no firemen around and no crime is being committed, you are on your own property lands one guy arrested.

Wow. I believe one of the commenters on the article said it best: "Sue the city and the police. As the cop said, 'that's what insurance is for.'"

Banned
    One of the stated goals of the police was to protect themselves.

Since they are having trouble figuring this out, let me help them: To protect yourselves, you could just stay the **** away.

Man tasered by police during fire

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Since they are having trouble figuring this out, let me help them: To protect yourselves, you could just stay the **** away.
    My sentiments exactly.

On a side note, one of my neighbor's dryers recently caught fire. I was outside working and heard their smoke alarm going off. I rushed over with a fire extinguisher and called 911. The fire department did not arrive for about 15 mins (They are all volunteer and do the best they can, so I don't blame them). If myself and my neighbor hadn't got that fire out he would have lost everything. There are just some things insurance can't replace. These cops should have backed off or had the guts to help him.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Banned
    Protection mode Activate ! Bzzzz Bzzzz Zat ...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

On a side note, one of my neighbor's dryers recently caught fire. I was outside working and heard their smoke alarm going off. I rushed over with a fire extinguisher and called 911. The fire department did not arrive for about 15 mins (They are all volunteer and do the best they can, so I don't blame them). If myself and my neighbor hadn't got that fire out he would have lost everything. There are just some things insurance can't replace. These cops should have backed off or had the guts to help him.
    Being on the f.d. myself I went to a fire that took 20 minutes to get to. The neighbor broke out a window to the bedroom which was on fire holding down the fire with a garden hose till we go there. The house would have been in bad shape when we would have gotten there if not for him. Your best fire extinguisher for your home is a garden hose hooked up outside. I keep one ready to go year around.

Founder's Club Member

+1 This could be a new signature line.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wardtom084 View Post

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.