• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man tasered by police during fire

The Trickster

eye95

One of the stated goals of the police was to protect themselves.

Since they are having trouble figuring this out, let me help them: To protect yourselves, you could just stay the **** away.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Since they are having trouble figuring this out, let me help them: To protect yourselves, you could just stay the **** away.

My sentiments exactly.

On a side note, one of my neighbor's dryers recently caught fire. I was outside working and heard their smoke alarm going off. I rushed over with a fire extinguisher and called 911. The fire department did not arrive for about 15 mins (They are all volunteer and do the best they can, so I don't blame them). If myself and my neighbor hadn't got that fire out he would have lost everything. There are just some things insurance can't replace. These cops should have backed off or had the guts to help him.

wardtom084

My sentiments exactly.

On a side note, one of my neighbor's dryers recently caught fire. I was outside working and heard their smoke alarm going off. I rushed over with a fire extinguisher and called 911. The fire department did not arrive for about 15 mins (They are all volunteer and do the best they can, so I don't blame them). If myself and my neighbor hadn't got that fire out he would have lost everything. There are just some things insurance can't replace. These cops should have backed off or had the guts to help him.

Being on the f.d. myself I went to a fire that took 20 minutes to get to. The neighbor broke out a window to the bedroom which was on fire holding down the fire with a garden hose till we go there. The house would have been in bad shape when we would have gotten there if not for him. Your best fire extinguisher for your home is a garden hose hooked up outside. I keep one ready to go year around.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

+1 This could be a new signature line.