• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coffee at the Hide Away

1911er

Chat with wsp while chillin at starbucks

While here at starbucks had A great conversation with A WSP officer about S&W he dosen't want to go up on the hill and can. I want to go and can't.

1245A Defender

Oh Man!!!

Im trying hard to remember to remember to get up and going for this meet...
And even though it is night time,,, It is still toooo early to try to set my alarm clock for tomorrow morning!

AND... I still have to remember to pulll the tide in tomorrow....

1911er

Great to see all at the cafe Trigger Dr.,Viteus,PS bart,1245a defender, and enm of seatlle had some great chat time and none of the other customers went screaming out of the building. Thanks all for showing up was great to see you.

EMNofSeattle

Great to see all at the cafe Trigger Dr.,Viteus,PS bart,1245a defender, and enm of seatlle had some great chat time and none of the other customers went screaming out of the building. Thanks all for showing up was great to see you.

We need to make this a regular meet, there should be plenty of people on the penninsula we can drag over to hideaway for social time....

leitung

We need to make this a regular meet, there should be plenty of people on the penninsula we can drag over to hideaway for social time....

Should find something up in the Kitsap area, everytime I see something about a meet it's IN FEDERAL WAY OR OLYMPIA AREA, and is a long way away and involves paying a toll for me. Then my lazy side comes out.

We have a good amount of people in the Port Orchard area lets get it going over here in Kitsap so I don't have an excuse to be lazy.

FIXED!!! Yeesh

Last edited:

1911er

Should find something up in the Kitsap area, everytime I see something about a meet it's a ways away and involves paying a toll. Then my lazy side comes out.

We have a good amount of people in the Port Orchard area lets get it going..

The Hide away cafe is down town Port Orchard right by the Library . It don't get much more Kitsap than that.

EMNofSeattle

we should start a new thread advertising a monthly meet-up at hideaway. It would be nice to see if we could have a "second saturday" every single month meet like they do in Fed Way and Olympia.

And because hideaway is a local business, we're supporting our community! and not some evil big corporate powerhouse like starbucks!

But we should decide a day in december for a coffee meet and set that day aside for each month...

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Should find something up in the Kitsap area, everytime I see something about a meet it's a ways away and involves paying a toll. Then my lazy side comes out.

We have a good amount of people in the Port Orchard area lets get it going..

The Hide away cafe is down town Port Orchard right by the Library . It don't get much more Kitsap than that.

It is easy to see,,, some folks just dont want to come to a meet,, no matter how local it is!
And leitung either doesnt know where he lives or doesnt understand the local...
I live "a ways", 20 miles,,, but dont pay any tolls.
And his desire to "lets get it going" isnt going to help if he wont get off his lazy ... and drive downtown... just sayin...

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
...And because hideaway is a local business, we're supporting our community! and not some evil big corporate powerhouse like starbucks!

But we should decide a day in december for a coffee meet and set that day aside for each month...

If you do a little research, you'll find that the reason we like Starbucks so much is that they stood up to the Brady Campaign and treat us like every other customer. That's really all we want. Our support of them is because they refuse to discriminate against LACs. :cool:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

we should start a new thread advertising a monthly meet-up at hideaway. It would be nice to see if we could have a "second saturday" every single month meet like they do in Fed Way and Olympia.

Announce it and "some will come"... ok,,, noon 2nd saturday of december, the hide a way, port orchard... there, done!

And because hideaway is a local business, we're supporting our community! and not some evil big corporate powerhouse like starbucks!

If you do a little research, you'll find that the reason we like Starbucks so much is that they stood up to the Brady Campaign and treat us like every other customer. That's really all we want. Our support of them is because they refuse to discriminate against LACs. :cool:

Using the Hide a way in Port Orchard is not a put down to starbucks,,, we have all gone to and enjoyed starbucks meets...
And we are happy for thier stance to follow state law,,, and not be pressured by the Brady bunch!

The Hide a Way is a small mom and pop place with a view,, no crowds,, a menu of good food,, friendly owners,, and good service!
And we are happy that the hide a way welcomes all us nice customers,,, and our self defense tools,, nobody there bats an eye!!!

Thank you to 1911er for finding and bringing us to a great place to meet up!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

And to some of us, who have had coffee at Starbucks since 1987, Starbucks is the local coffee shop, locally founded, locally owned.