• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sign the Petition, fellow Virginians:

grylnsmn

The next Governor will be Cuccinelli, The A.G. will be Obenshain...The Lt. Governor doesn't matter.

The next Lt. Governor will matter, because he's the tiebreaker in the Senate. Barring someone resigning or dying in office, the Senate is still a 20/20 split. Whichever party wins the Lt. Governor's office will control the Senate. Do you really want to see Dick Saslaw as Senate Majority Leader again? Do you really want him to reinstate the Death Star committee, complete with his hand-picked cronies?

For that reason alone, the Lt. Governor matters this election.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The next Lt. Governor will matter, because he's the tiebreaker in the Senate. Barring someone resigning or dying in office, the Senate is still a 20/20 split. Whichever party wins the Lt. Governor's office will control the Senate. Do you really want to see Dick Saslaw as Senate Majority Leader again? Do you really want him to reinstate the Death Star committee, complete with his hand-picked cronies?

For that reason alone, the Lt. Governor matters this election.

Saslaw actually comes in handy when I want to kill something. I even had him on the bandwagon supporting some anti doghunter legislation...But it died in the Agriculture committee, as usual.

riverrat10k

"If you want to make a statement, find a way to do it that doesn't harm the policies that you want to support. Find a way to do it that can actually make a difference."

Start a company, pay all your employees in cash, and use money orders as your medium of exchange with vendors and customers.

TFred

I hope you realize that this sort of thing is exactly what the liberals want, and expect, us to do.

I think I'd rather not give up my country to the liberals. I think I would rather fight to get it back for the folks who still believe in what America used to be.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hope you realize that this sort of thing is exactly what the liberals want, and expect, us to do.

I think I'd rather not give up my country to the liberals. I think I would rather fight to get it back for the folks who still believe in what America used to be.

TFred

Sounds Good TFred!

Who is we Paleface...(No insult intended. That is a direct quote that freed up some membership dues for other things).

Anyway...The petition is a direct insult to the Administration. I don't see anyone fighting for a specific agenda elsewhere. What I see is a lot of talk, a lot of speech making about why the vote should be split....in short, a whole lot of well meaning but unworkable discussion about how we can make it happen.

I think an unworkable petition that is a direct insult from several hundred thousand people is better than unworkable plans to get our agenda through by a few individuals.

If I'm wrong....how?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--
If you want to make a statement, find a way to do it that doesn't harm the policies that you want to support. Find a way to do it that can actually make a difference.

Don't sell the people short here or think that they need a detailed map. They are the foot soldiers, they are in the trenches, they are the first ones over the ramparts. They lobby, they right letters and even bills. They vote and stay in touch with their representatives. Signing such a petition is an outward manifistation of their frustration.

BTW - I signed it gladly.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Can someone explain to me why anyone would ASK PERMISSION of the government to secede? And since the STATE/Commonwealth would have to do so, why the petition is not to the Governor?

Last edited:

hunter45

He didn't mention the worst one ARLINGTON:uhoh:

Not sure how I forgot that one..but we'll give them away to the Union, too!

I can't wait to get out of here. Hopefully within the next 12 months I'll be a resident of Warren County. But I'll still have to commute to Fairfax for work, at least for a little while :/.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Not sure how I forgot that one..but we'll give them away to the Union, too!

I can't wait to get out of here. Hopefully within the next 12 months I'll be a resident of Warren County. But I'll still have to commute to Fairfax for work, at least for a little while :/.

The county seat of Warren County kinda sucks (Front Royal), but they do have one thing going for them. Melting Pot Pizza. Truly the best pizza I have ever had. And the owner started his business with 64 cents. Don't know how he did that one but he did.

moriar

In all honesty, what would succeeding from the Union do to help?

Can VA fiscally take on the amount of people that receive federal funding? Social Security / Retirement? MEDICARE / MEDICAID?

VA would be hit hard due to loss of DOD / Government Jobs in NOVA. Almost all NOVA jobs are fed by a government job / contract.

Newport news / VA Beach = dead after succession.

But I will leave it there.

I say no to succession, what I say yes to is genuine reform of congress, No more leap frogging thru time being a senator / congressmen / women. 3 term limits. And if you have done more than 2 terms you cannot lobby. And this must be enforced, and kept very short and defined.

Repeater

Sounds Good TFred!

Who is we Paleface...(No insult intended. That is a direct quote that freed up some membership dues for other things).

Anyway...The petition is a direct insult to the Administration. I don't see anyone fighting for a specific agenda elsewhere. What I see is a lot of talk, a lot of speech making about why the vote should be split....in short, a whole lot of well meaning but unworkable discussion about how we can make it happen.

I think an unworkable petition that is a direct insult from several hundred thousand people is better than unworkable plans to get our agenda through by a few individuals.

If I'm wrong....how?

I'm saddened - but not surprised - that Bob (for jobs?) has gone wobbly:

Republican governors go soft on taxes
Some Republican governors are softening on the party’s hard-line toward tax increases for the wealthy, suggesting that GOP congressmen at least be open to rate hikes in exchange for a comprehensive fiscal agreement on taxes and entitlements.

“The people have spoken, I think we’re going to have to be [flexible] now,” said Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, when asked if his party would now have to be open to taxes on the highest earners. “Elections do have consequences. The president campaigned on that.”

McDonnell, the outgoing head of the Republican Governors Association, made clear that raising taxes isn’t his first choice. But he said that the political reality of a Democratic president and Democratic Senate makes it unlikely that a grand bargain can be struck without some compromise on raising revenues.

“As a piece of an overall package with tax reform that is more comprehensive, I think it’s something that absolutely has got to be discussed,” he said of tax hikes for the wealthy in an interview at the traditional post-election GOP governors’ conference here. “We’re in deep, deep trouble in America right now and I think with the president in power there’s no way to get a budget solution that’s spending cuts only.”

So, some in the GOP would rather collaborate with the enemy than fight back? Talking is cheap, Bob. What would Ken do?

Here's a thought for clueless, gutless GOP sissies who won't resist the Marxist impulses of the enemy: Cite the 10th Commandment:

[size=+3]Thou shall not covet anything ELSE that is thy neighbor's[/size]

hunter45

The county seat of Warren County kinda sucks (Front Royal), but they do have one thing going for them. Melting Pot Pizza. Truly the best pizza I have ever had. And the owner started his business with 64 cents. Don't know how he did that one but he did.

I'll be there this weekend, I'll have to stop by and check it out. I usually eat at Anthony's when I'm there. What don't you like about Front Royal? I've always loved it there.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Can someone explain to me why anyone would ASK PERMISSION of the government to secede? And since the STATE/Commonwealth would have to do so, why the petition is not to the Governor?

I wouldn't waste a lot of time trying to find a deep answer Tess.
It's a protest, and a pretty good one if you ask me. No one seriously thinks we're going to secede...or at least I hope not.

They are required to accept and respond to petitions that gather 25000 names in a month or whatever the time period is.

Individuals could just send FU emails but they won't make past the spam filters. Here hundreds of thousands of people are saying FU and the Government is required to publish it.

As far as sending anything to Toll Booth Bob, he isn't going to look at it. The Feds might cut off his highway funds.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
ok, I'll ask.. what does this silly fake petition discussion have to do with Open Carry in Virginia?

Couldn't say. I didn't start it but it did take my mind off of showing CHP's to Fairfax cops!