• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sign the Petition, fellow Virginians:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nope.. if that were the case, there would be thread after thread of bear/dear photos and meme's that would be in the circular forum ;-)

Haven't seen the "thread after thread" referenced. Have seen postings of pictures made while OCing and related to RKBA even if indirectly and therefore of interest to Va. members. That and they are hardly in great evidence.

Hunting and not being allowed to OC is a big issue with some here. The Surry water/ferry pictures relate softly to the on-going legal situation with the officials involved. You didn't think that was over did you?

If I see something that is too far over the line, I will edit/delete it and under my by-line. That is the preferred way.

OTOH - I will compliment those that contribute in a way that adds local color to who and what OCers are. They aren't promoting themselves, they are promoting OC and Va.

Repeater

I have left the threads discussing the individual petitions in the individual state forums because there is great interest in discussing the issue.

Therefore, I have moved the thread back to the Virginia forum.

John

In the aggregate, what is the character of the American Electorate in the Year of our Lord 2012? Will those who are grownup rebel against those who are narcissistic and covetous, or will they accede to the Progressive Authoritarianism and accept the tyranny that will follow. That is what makes it interesting. Given the increase in gun sales, hunkering down seems to be an option many are pursuing. Of course, that doesn't solve anything.

Sending a 'petition' for the Obama Regime to disapprove won't accomplish anything. Declaring Civil War, invading Washington, D.C. and defeating the Marxist-Leninists would be a start. No one will do this.

So yes, this is all interesting. In the meantime, America is over.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--
So yes, this is all interesting. In the meantime, America is over.

Maybe in your view it has rolled belly up, but not mine. We'll use very legal tool in our kit bag and develop new ones as needed. Won't give up the ship!

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
You don't mind if I copy that to use on those off topic threads, especially the trinket salesmen and CHiPpers.....do you Ed?

Nope.. if that were the case, there would be thread after thread of bear/dear photos and meme's that would be in the circular forum ;-)

Waiter! We need a table for two, and a saucer of milk!

:lol:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Now That's funny.

When I was a wee kid, I remember saying to my parents one night, "Listening to those cat fighting!"

"They're not fighting," says Dad.

I didn't understand until I got older.

...not that I'm suggesting that you and Peter-- nevermind!

Hey Look!! A petition for secession!!

:D

MamabearCali

You guys are too funny! Back to the petition.. I think more thN anything what this says is a no confidence vote in the current status quo. We are feeling cheated as a people. There are probably many varied opinions on why this is, however it is clear the natives are unhappy.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You guys are too funny! Back to the petition.. I think more thN anything what this says is a no confidence vote in the current status quo. We are feeling cheated as a people. There are probably many varied opinions on why this is, however it is clear the natives are unhappy.

No pun intended, I'm sure. :)

Repeater

Maybe in your view it has rolled belly up, but not mine. We'll use very legal tool in our kit bag and develop new ones as needed. Won't give up the ship!

You looked rather glum way out yonder in Goochland-land. Perhaps too many cosmopolitans have invaded, bringing their cityfied sensibilities with them. There you were, petitioning the Planning Commission with reasonable rhetoric -- where did it get you? You, and other grownups, were outnumbered, it seems. These days, someone hears a gun, they're either scared or offended. They hear a gun, they think "noise" or "danger" -- I hear a gun, I think "Freedom" or "Security" -- hard to establish middle ground under these circumstances.

So, will you 'give up the ship' or proceed to the next step, the Board? The enemy is everywhere. Maybe Goochland is over, too.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You looked rather glum way out yonder in Goochland-land. Perhaps too many cosmopolitans have invaded, bringing their cityfied sensibilities with them. There you were, petitioning the Planning Commission with reasonable rhetoric -- where did it get you? You, and other grownups, were outnumbered, it seems. These days, someone hears a gun, they're either scared or offended. They hear a gun, they think "noise" or "danger" -- I hear a gun, I think "Freedom" or "Security" -- hard to establish middle ground under these circumstances.

So, will you 'give up the ship' or proceed to the next step, the Board? The enemy is everywhere. Maybe Goochland is over, too.

Marines love Boarding. It means a fight, and somebody's gonna lose a ship! :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

A long day does not make me glum....only tired. The Planning Commission went exactly as expected - feelings and untruths prevailed over facts. Hopefully the Board of Supervisors will be more intelligent. Nevertheless one battle does not a war make.

Would love to see Orapax come to Chesterfield............hmmmm.

TFred

And anyone with a clearance will have to answer the question...Have you ever been a member of an organization that wishes to overthrow the govt...For us/we poor "bazterds" it's like treason..
I have not heard anything official about this, but I have heard "friend of a friend" reports that some security officers are warning their folks that this indeed could be a problem for those who hold US Government security clearances. I personally doubt anyone is going to look to "clear the ranks of the deserters..." but if someone is already looking for a reason to get rid of you, this could very easily be it.

Being the Virginia forum, there are no doubt a lot of folks reading here who are in that boat. I would imagine the issue is even more important to consider for our friends in any of the various armed services.

I agree with John's post... and as I said before, this is not something we need to walk away from, it's something we need to fix.

TFred

Repeater

A long day does not make me glum....only tired. The Planning Commission went exactly as expected - feelings and untruths prevailed over facts. Hopefully the Board of Supervisors will be more intelligent. Nevertheless one battle does not a war make.

Would love to see Orapax come to Chesterfield............hmmmm.

"... feelings and untruths prevailed over facts." Exactly why O' won & Willard M. lost.

Now, regarding the Open-Range debate, wonder if it would be worthwhile to make the 'Board'ing an OC event. Ranging is good, loud though it can be.

The soul of Goochland is at stake.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

I'm not sure what you mean Ed. I thought it was you that posted pictures hugging Bears:lol:

484183_384893411560748_1889817815_n.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
"... feelings and untruths prevailed over facts." Exactly why O' won & Willard M. lost.

Now, regarding the Open-Range debate, wonder if it would be worthwhile to make the 'Board'ing an OC event. Ranging is good, loud though it can be.

The soul of Goochland is at stake.

The Board is where the battle will be. The zoning commission was already decided.