Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be warned they think they can do this anytime. - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confisc

Be warned they think they can do this anytime. - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confisc

Founder's Club Member
    Be warned: posting an uninformative thread title, and then nothing but a link is considered bad form.

Good form is to briefly explain what you're talking about and then link. If linking to a text article, a brief Fair Use quote that gives the tone of the article or is relevant to your point is even better.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Well let see its a gun forum, and its talking about they can do this anytime..My first thought would be TAKE AWAY YOU GUNS AND RIGHTS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Be warned: posting an uninformative thread title, and then nothing but a link is considered bad form.

Good form is to briefly explain what you're talking about and then link. If linking to a text article, a brief Fair Use quote that gives the tone of the article or is relevant to your point is even better.
    Hold on, let me write this down ...

Wowwie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Hensley View Post
    Well let see its a gun forum, and its talking about they can do this anytime..My first thought would be TAKE AWAY YOU GUNS AND RIGHTS.
    Sooo you joined the forum this month...
    Bought a gun last week...
    Been OCing for TWO days...
    Posted an old video about Ktrena gun confiscation...
    Went to an OC dinner,,, but didnt join in...

Did you know that Very Many States passed New laws since Katrena,,,
    That safe guard the rights of the people to keep and bear arms,,, during national and state "states of emergancy"?
    Gun grabs like happened during things like Katrena are NOT ALLOWED!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Founder's Club Member
    Well, lets see. Why should I not also think it might be

• deny carry in the General Assembly building at Lobby Day?

• forbid private sales at gunshows?
    • put back fingerprinting for all CHPs
    • require disclosure of armed status for any encounter with an LEO
    • change the Militia and Police subcommittee rules to kill pro-gun legislation
    • expand VIPER inspections across the state
    • reduce funding for the FOIA office, removing an ally if a locality gets illegal in refusing disclosures about guns or gun related stuff
    • pass a stop-and-identify law

???????

The whole point is for folks to have some idea whether they've already seen it, and whether they are interested. Instead of tossing off a smart-alecky comment, why not just take it as a learning experience?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Well, lets see. Why should I not also think it might be

• deny carry in the General Assembly building at Lobby Day?

• forbid private sales at gunshows?
    • put back fingerprinting for all CHPs
    • require disclosure of armed status for any encounter with an LEO
    • change the Militia and Police subcommittee rules to kill pro-gun legislation
    • expand VIPER inspections across the state
    • reduce funding for the FOIA office, removing an ally if a locality gets illegal in refusing disclosures about guns or gun related stuff
    • pass a stop-and-identify law

???????

The whole point is for folks to have some idea whether they've already seen it, and whether they are interested. Instead of tossing off a smart-alecky comment, why not just take it as a learning experience?
    Also to add to this, Its also good form for people to know a little something about the content being linked incase if its NSFW (not adult, but something that can be construed as in bad taste or bad form for someone at work) or what ever it may be.

It doesn't matter what laws they have passed since katrina, It wasn't legal for em to do what they did during katrinia and that didn't stop em now did it? They don't care about any law when it comes to getting your guns. If you don't think it can happen, then just keep going along like you have been doing.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    It doesn't matter what laws they have passed since katrina, It wasn't legal for em to do what they did during katrinia and that didn't stop em now did it? They don't care about any law when it comes to getting your guns. If you don't think it can happen, then just keep going along like you have been doing.
    Well....Shannon, we have made it illegal for them to do it in Vrginia. What else should we do?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Well....Shannon, we have made it illegal for them to do it in Vrginia. What else should we do?
    I think he wants violence to be done to the ones in blue if they try to take our guns..

which is really stupid to be advocate / say in any tone on an open forum... ( FBI I do not advocate any violence )

I really smell troll here.
    Last edited by moriar; 11-15-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Be warned they think they can do this anytime.

What was your username the last time you were here?

Shannon Hensley -

Let me put my Ann Landers hat on. (I would have said Miss Manners but she seems even more obscure than Ann.)

If I did not welcome you to OCDO already, considerr this your welcome. I'm going to skip all the other stuff I usually add when welcoming someone because there is something more important that I want to share with you.

Your welcome here is conditional. I'm not talking about being banned or censored by the moderators. I'm talking about being shunned by the other posters/readers here.

You were politely informed of the unwritten rule that "drive-by" postings are not considered good form. In case you are wondering what good form would be when posting a link to something in order to bring it to the attention of the rest of us, it is generally this:
    1) post the link
    2) post a brief description of what it about or what specifically you want us to see, read, or do regarding the link
    3) say something about the subject of the link other than "+1" or "I agree" or "What do you think about that?" - basically something about what you think, what response/reaction you had, or why some specific action (which you describe in some detail) ought to be taken. Something like "Watch this video from the NRA about gun confiscation. I think that it could happen again because ___ and we ought to ___." or "Watch this video from the NRA about gun confiscation. Boy are they paranoid. How could anybody believe that could happen again?"

is a start, but that first part seems to have some rough edges to it and is a bit light on part 3.

Being a newbie you need to learn all of the unwritten rules and customs around here in order to avoid remaining both a newbie and a noob. Most of us will play nice the first few times we try to educate you to the culture here. Continue to disregard the friendly advice at your own peril - especially since some of the desire to educate you seems to have gone by the wayside already.

OCDO needs new folks with the viewpoint they bring to keep things from stagnating. That can be done without getting all up in everybody's face.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Haha, Skidmark, ever the diplomat. Well said buddy. I kept waiting for you to say screw it and bite his/her head off but you restrained yourself. Your a bigger man than I.

Shannon, the his/her thing was not meant to insult. I genuinely dont know your gender so I figured it best to cover all my bases. I assume male but we all know how assuming things can go.

Centurion
    Don't know YET if this is fairly applied to our newby poster addressed to elequently by Skidmark but....

You can lead a horse to water, BUT you can not make them drink....
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I think I found his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.hen...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by BigTzzy View Post
    Wow, that's totally not creepy, stalkerish, and asinine to a childish extent at all, is it.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTzzy View Post
    And? Are people now supposed to harass this person on FB? Do we now look for his home address? Perhaps his phone number? Place of work? What exactly is the next step now that you have enlightened us with his FB page?
    Last edited by mohawk001; 11-17-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Mt who is what's it, has exploded and we're here to take your guns.

There was an earthquake and the power is out 20 miles away from you, we're here to take your guns.

There was a freak storm and you're power is out, we're here to take your guns.

I can see this being played out on almost any excuse.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Freedom of speech and gun rights

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk001 View Post
    And? Are people now supposed to harass this person on FB? Do we now look for his home address? Perhaps his phone number? Place of work? What exactly is the next step now that you have enlightened us with his FB page?
    Owning a firearm, you are here because you believe that this is your right. Please do not assail somebody's right to an opinion either. Now, I grew up in Arizona where it isn't uncommon to see somebody with a holstered pistol. I never owned one but grew up seeing this. This is the point, no? I recently have been living in NOVA and am making the decision to carry openly. I witnessed a murder/suicide in downtown DC as a 22 year old as I got off of the metro and was never comfortable with the idea of owning- much less carrying. Now as an adult with a wife and children, uncertain in the economy, I am choosing to make a move to a profession that would justify me carrying. I'm safe with my firearm. I doubt that the government would take it from me as I am seriously one of the most non-nefarious characters you would ever meet. However, Katrina may have been a scary situation and LEO's were scared too. They want to go home to their families as well. They aren't there, in most cases, to deny you your rights. In fact, I believe, that they are the folks who at the end of the day preserve them.

I joined this forum to try to make sure that when I come home I am comfortable with an understanding in my abilities to protect myself and my family. I want to make sure that I am not causing undue stress to law enforcement, my neighbors or myself. At the end of the day- I believe that it is my right to carry. I hope you understand and I don't receive any negative feedback here. God Bless.

And...

Quote Originally Posted by mohawk001 View Post
    In case this didn't come across correctly. I agree with you completely. I'm from Paradise Valley. Moved here for college, met a petty redhead, and now have winter for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbh View Post
    In case this didn't come across correctly. I agree with you completely. I'm from Paradise Valley. Moved here for college, met a petty redhead, and now have winter for the rest of my life.
    You've got to watch out for those.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

True

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    You've got to watch out for those.
    But, beg to ask you, sir, which is more dangerous... Pretty redheads or bad winters?

But, beg to ask you, sir, which is more dangerous... Pretty redheads or bad winters?
    Re-read your post. I would rather wrestle a bad winter vs a petty redheaded woman any day.

I do have a thing for redheads and I know they are dangerous.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 11-19-2012 at 12:41 AM.

However, Katrina may have been a scary situation and LEO's were scared too. They want to go home to their families as well. They aren't there, in most cases, to deny you your rights. In fact, I believe, that they are the folks who at the end of the day preserve them.
    They (LEO's) aren't there, in most cases, when it's necessary to protect your right to life. Half of them don't know your rights, and some just elect to ignore your rights, which is anything beyond the right(s) to an attorney and to remain silent, of the Miranda Warning. LEO's are not lawyers... they are enforcers of the law, not defenders of it. In most places they are expected to have a working knowledge of local laws and ordinances, and some familiarity with other laws - including state laws and constitutions. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast