• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Loading/Unloading gun gets tiring, am I the only one?

Yooper

I know, I'm posting a lot tonight, lack of sleep and too much redbull. I apologize.

But..on a serious note, for those of you who don't have a CPL. Doesn't it get tiring for you to unholster/unload your firearm and put it in the trunk, and then load/holster it everytime you drive to a new place? I went to Meijers today and when I took my gun out of my trunk and put it in my holster a lady saw me and looked terrified, I felt kinda bad.

It's the main reason I got my CPL. I'd take my kids berry picking in the summer, and it would suck getting out, loading up, holstering, picking a patch clean, unload it, put it back in the car, drive a few hundred feet, get back out and do it all over again. The odds of me seeing a DNR officer where we go picking is somewhere between slim and none, but it would be my luck that the 1 time I would have said "screw it" and just kept it on the hip for those few hundred feet, a DNR officer would have showed up. Plus, it's nice to be able to carry walking out of the bush when its dark out after bow hunting.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I know, I'm posting a lot tonight, lack of sleep and too much redbull. I apologize.

But..on a serious note, for those of you who don't have a CPL. Doesn't it get tiring for you to unholster/unload your firearm and put it in the trunk, and then load/holster it everytime you drive to a new place? I went to Meijers today and when I took my gun out of my trunk and put it in my holster a lady saw me and looked terrified, I felt kinda bad.

If you get tired loading and unloading your gun, then your gun is way too big. :)

But, take heart. There are solutions. Some guns that size come self-propelled. Just wiki "field" + "artillery". Some are even towed.

You didn't happen to buy one with its wheels missing, did you?

:D

MikeTheGreek

If you get tired loading and unloading your gun, then your gun is way too big. :)

But, take heart. There are solutions. Some guns that size come self-propelled. Just wiki "field" + "artillery". Some are even towed.

You didn't happen to buy one with its wheels missing, did you?

:D

haha it's a cz75b so yeeeeah it's kinda big.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

xmanhockey7

Just a side note. When I OC I do my best to park in an area that has very little traffic and will allow me to load and unload the easiest without people seeing. Today when I was leaving Home Depot I was parked about as far out as I could and all that was behind my vehicle was a grassy hill. I figured I was pretty safe as far as no one seeing me. When I was walking out my car another car parked a couple spots away from me and the guy just sat in his car. I waited a minute by my car to see what he was up to. As it turns out he just parked there for the purpose of eating lunch. Made my unload much harder though.

MikeTheGreek

Just a side note. When I OC I do my best to park in an area that has very little traffic and will allow me to load and unload the easiest without people seeing. Today when I was leaving Home Depot I was parked about as far out as I could and all that was behind my vehicle was a grassy hill. I figured I was pretty safe as far as no one seeing me. When I was walking out my car another car parked a couple spots away from me and the guy just sat in his car. I waited a minute by my car to see what he was up to. As it turns out he just parked there for the purpose of eating lunch. Made my unload much harder though.

I try to park further but sometimes you have no choice. when I came out of McDonald's the other day, someone had parked right next to me, and was just sitting in their car. I had no choice but to unload infront of them, although I tried to lean into my trunk a little. he looked at me strangely at first but then went back to his business.

xmanhockey7

I try to park further but sometimes you have no choice. when I came out of McDonald's the other day, someone had parked right next to me, and was just sitting in their car. I had no choice but to unload infront of them, although I tried to lean into my trunk a little. he looked at me strangely at first but then went back to his business.

Make sure the firearm is not at all in your vehicle until it is completely cased back up.

MikeTheGreek

Make sure the firearm is not at all in your vehicle until it is completely cased back up.

I know. I lean in a little bit and hold my gun close to my chestclose while unloading. the gun is still out of the vehicle but you can not see it unless you're standing right next to me.

xmanhockey7

I know. I lean in a little bit and hold my gun close to my chestclose while unloading. the gun is still out of the vehicle but you can not see it unless you're standing right next to me.

Just making sure I know you're new. I'm ready to move back to Indiana where I never had to worry about this loading and unloading crap when I carried. Oh well I can apply for my CPL in about 6 months.

MikeTheGreek

Just making sure I know you're new. I'm ready to move back to Indiana where I never had to worry about this loading and unloading crap when I carried. Oh well I can apply for my CPL in about 6 months.

My CPL class is saturday morning. thank God, soon I won't have to worry about it either.

FreeInAZ

My CPL class is saturday morning. thank God, soon I won't have to worry about it either.

MIke - remember you don't go to Wayne Co. Sheriff's station until you have competed your CPL class. I say this because you mentioned this Friday in a few threads? :confused:

MikeTheGreek

MIke - remember you don't go to Wayne Co. Sheriff's station until you have competed your CPL class. I say this because you mentioned this Friday in a few threads? :confused:

okay I'm not THAT dumb! cpl class saturday, sherriff on Tuesday. come on, give me SOME credit here. :p

FreeInAZ

okay I'm not THAT dumb! cpl class saturday, sherriff on Tuesday. come on, give me SOME credit here. :p

You said that, not me,credit given Mr. Whipper-snapper! I just didn't want you to have to make an extra trip in the Saturn :)

PS - Hold on to the NRA Cert. you get like it's gold. Why? Because it is. It can save you having to take redundant classes should you move (which automatically voids your MI CPL) and need a CPL/CCW from your new state (if they issue).

TheQ

You said that, not me,credit given Mr. Whipper-snapper! I just didn't want you to have to make an extra trip in the Saturn :)

PS - Hold on to the NRA Cert. you get like it's gold. Why? Because it is. It can save you having to take redundant classes should you move (which automatically voids your MI CPL) and need a CPL/CCW from your new state (if they issue).

Cite where moving voids your CPL.

FreeInAZ

I can't cite a negative. You can cite a positive claim.

Listen to your voice mail. There is what the laws says or does not, & then there is what is done in WAYNE CO.

Their "policy" is to revoke the CPL's of Wayne Co permit holders who are no longer MI residents.:confused:

ETA - Should you then decide to move back to WAYNE CO. Their "policy" is you must apply for a NEW CPL (double dip). God I hope I never have to move back to WACO.

Last edited:

TheQ

Listen to your voice mail. There is what the laws says or does not, & then there is what is done in WAYNE CO.

Their "policy" is to revoke the CPL's of Wayne Co permit holders who are no longer MI residents.:confused:

Like we said on the phone, somebody needs to sue them.

MikeTheGreek

Haha oh wow you remember what car I drive! I may just leave my car home and take my dads Marauder (what a sexy sexy machine)

Extra trip..LOL, I thought I had to go to Wayne County Clerk to get my Pistol Purchase permit...45 minutes there, hour & a half back (freeway was closed) to find out I had to go to Northville PD. Needless to say I was pissed :p

I will be putting my NRA Cert with my citizenship papers for safe keeping!