Thread: Going to Mineral Va. This weekend

Going to Mineral Va. This weekend

I'll be visiting family, and it will be my first time with my handgun out of my comfort zone of Hampton Roads. Anyone that far north have any places on their list that's off limits?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Founder's Club Member
    I think Marco may get over that way occasionally. You might PM him.

Other than that, just the usual statutory prohibitions.

I don't know if there is federal security near/around the nuclear powerplant at Lake Anna who might over-react to lawful exercise of an enumerated right.

Oh, and mind the occasional earthquake. They're pretty rare. But, when they do occur, they can rattle things pretty good.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-16-2012 at 12:40 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I've never had or heard of problems there...of course it is very rural and there isn't a lot there to have problems in.

Lake Anna has a "no-go" zone up near the power plant, but it is fairly well marked and you do not mention plans for boating while it is still a balmy siightly-above-freezing.

There have not been any reports that I can recall of shops that are unfriendly - but then there are not a lot of reports in the first place that folks from that area make about antique shops.

Question - are you the only one in your family that OCs?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

I don't know if there is federal security near/around the nuclear powerplant at Lake Anna who might over-react to lawful exercise of an enumerated right.

Just thought I'd clear up a misconception here. Unless you're at a TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority, a US government power authority) nuclear power plant, the feds do not patrol nuclear power plants. Nuclear power plants have their own private police forces for security and attack preparation since they are completely private enterprises.

Re: Going to Mineral Va. This weekend

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Lake Anna has a "no-go" zone up near the power plant, but it is fairly well marked and you do not mention plans for boating while it is still a balmy siightly-above-freezing.

There have not been any reports that I can recall of shops that are unfriendly - but then there are not a lot of reports in the first place that folks from that area make about antique shops.

Question - are you the only one in your family that OCs?
    Yea ATM. Im just going to see grandparents so, no extra plans are planned. I was more incline on what businesses if any were anti.
    stay safe. Thanks guys for the info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mpguy; 11-16-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Re: Going to Mineral Va. This weekend

Just wanted to give a update. The trip was great. A lot of food ate. I decide to CC instead, as my grandmother is somewhat bad off. Rather not have her deal with everyone's opinion on the matter so...

Iwb uncle mikes fs mp .45. If anyone noticed, no one said anything. I did get to discuss Oc though, and referred 2 family members to the website. Hopefully they will join.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2