• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Mineral Va. This weekend

mpguy

I'll be visiting family, and it will be my first time with my handgun out of my comfort zone of Hampton Roads. Anyone that far north have any places on their list that's off limits?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I think Marco may get over that way occasionally. You might PM him.

Other than that, just the usual statutory prohibitions.

I don't know if there is federal security near/around the nuclear powerplant at Lake Anna who might over-react to lawful exercise of an enumerated right.

Oh, and mind the occasional earthquake. They're pretty rare. But, when they do occur, they can rattle things pretty good. :)

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've never had or heard of problems there...of course it is very rural and there isn't a lot there to have problems in.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Lake Anna has a "no-go" zone up near the power plant, but it is fairly well marked and you do not mention plans for boating while it is still a balmy siightly-above-freezing.:lol:

There have not been any reports that I can recall of shops that are unfriendly - but then there are not a lot of reports in the first place that folks from that area make about antique shops.

Question - are you the only one in your family that OCs?

stay safe.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I don't know if there is federal security near/around the nuclear powerplant at Lake Anna who might over-react to lawful exercise of an enumerated right.

Just thought I'd clear up a misconception here. Unless you're at a TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority, a US government power authority) nuclear power plant, the feds do not patrol nuclear power plants. Nuclear power plants have their own private police forces for security and attack preparation since they are completely private enterprises.

mpguy

Lake Anna has a "no-go" zone up near the power plant, but it is fairly well marked and you do not mention plans for boating while it is still a balmy siightly-above-freezing.:lol:

There have not been any reports that I can recall of shops that are unfriendly - but then there are not a lot of reports in the first place that folks from that area make about antique shops.

Question - are you the only one in your family that OCs?

Yea ATM. Im just going to see grandparents so, no extra plans are planned. I was more incline on what businesses if any were anti.
stay safe. Thanks guys for the info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mpguy

Just wanted to give a update. The trip was great. A lot of food ate. I decide to CC instead, as my grandmother is somewhat bad off. Rather not have her deal with everyone's opinion on the matter so...

Iwb uncle mikes fs mp .45. If anyone noticed, no one said anything. I did get to discuss Oc though, and referred 2 family members to the website. Hopefully they will join.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2