• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

junction city is a no go

showme53

Talked to police dept yesterday, I was told open carry is not allowed in junction city, I then asked why, they told me I would be arrested. I am a law abiding citizen and do not need to be arrested for this so I said ok. As I was driving through town I noticed a plain clothed person carrying open (sherrif deputy). Stopped and asked same question he replied DO NOT OPEN CARRY IN JC. He was very nice I told him the city was not following the law and he agreed while shrugging his shoulders. Thought everyone should know.

SPOProds

Number 1, never ask legal advice from a LEO.

Number 2, what would they arrest you for? If you don't have a permit you have to OC in KS.

Number 3, IANAL but as far as I know KS has a preemption law. Meaning JC can't stop you from OCing. KS also has the RKBA in the state constitution. You can also OC without a permit in KS. So are the police saying you can't carry in JC without a permit?

Number 4, let them arrest you and file a 1983 plus the rest of the good stuff. A lawsuit for violating your rights and false arrest will fix their attitudes.

marine0300

SPOProds,

thank you so much for the email. Yes your right Junction City is breaking state law and if someone gets arrested please let us know and the city will be sued.

Late tonight or tomorrow the Kansas Libertarian Party will be challenging Junction City’s open carry ban!

We’ll make it official soon.

Please if anyone is arrested or harassed for open carrying please make a post. As long as no other crime was committed and you as a person do not have a checkered past we will defend you.

Marine0300

Last edited:

showme53

Well its not a matter of a bad record its a matter of me being in military, but if I am arrested I will call