• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

women pulls gun on perv in the park

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://tdn.com/news/local/woman-pul...cle_66bab166-2f9a-11e2-9af1-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.policeone.com/police-pro.../6038224-Armed-mom-terrifies-flasher-in-Wash/

A Longview woman who was walking at Lake Sacajawea with her 6-year-old son pulled a gun on a man who exposed his genitals to her Wednesday evening, according to police.
The 35-year-old woman was near Martin Dock around 8:10 p.m. when the man approached her “aggressively,” sat down and began performing a sex act, then suggested she should watch him, according to the woman and accounts from police.
“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman said in an interview Thursday night. “I said, ‘You need to leave or Ill shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’ ”
“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, before running away.

I did not hear this on the news. What was going thru thru the pervs mind as she locked and loaded? Why was it not loaded already? Never go unarmed if you can help it

Zohan

Why wasn't this woman arrested for brandishing a firearm and assualt with a deadly weapon? Was her life or her child's life in danger? I would assess from the news articles that I have read that she could believe she was in danger...but in that case you don't make threats. In reality, I don't think this woman was really in danger...just in a very unfortunate and uncomfortable situation. I don't believe from what I have read that she was truly in danger or fear for her life and instead of drawing her weapon, loading it, cocking it, and verbally threatening the guy she should have taken her child and gotten him the heck out of dodge. I am not trying to condone what this perp was doing but it seems like the display/use of her firearm was not warranted or justified. You don't shoot a pickpocketer in the back while he runs away with your wallet and you don't shoot someone in the head just because they are acting like a freak exposing their genitalia in public and saying objectionable things to you.

Any thoughts?

-Z

Trigger Dr

Why wasn't this woman arrested for brandishing a firearm and assualt with a deadly weapon? Was her life or her child's life in danger? I would assess from the news articles that I have read that she could believe she was in danger...but in that case you don't make threats. In reality, I don't think this woman was really in danger...just in a very unfortunate and uncomfortable situation. I don't believe from what I have read that she was truly in danger or fear for her life and instead of drawing her weapon, loading it, cocking it, and verbally threatening the guy she should have taken her child and gotten him the heck out of dodge. I am not trying to condone what this perp was doing but it seems like the display/use of her firearm was not warranted or justified. You don't shoot a pickpocketer in the back while he runs away with your wallet and you don't shoot someone in the head just because they are acting like a freak exposing their genitalia in public and saying objectionable things to you.

Any thoughts?

-Z

WHAT?????
Were you there? Are you serious? Do you know all of the facts about this incident? Do you rush to judgement without considering everything? If you do any or all of these things, you are probably a cop and not a good one.
I think that you are probably on the wrong forum... try ceasefire wa

Last edited:

Wolfebane

http://tdn.com/news/local/woman-pul...cle_66bab166-2f9a-11e2-9af1-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.policeone.com/police-pro.../6038224-Armed-mom-terrifies-flasher-in-Wash/

A Longview woman who was walking at Lake Sacajawea with her 6-year-old son pulled a gun on a man who exposed his genitals to her Wednesday evening, according to police.
The 35-year-old woman was near Martin Dock around 8:10 p.m. when the man approached her “aggressively,” sat down and began performing a sex act, then suggested she should watch him, according to the woman and accounts from police.
“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman said in an interview Thursday night. “I said, ‘You need to leave or Ill shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’ ”
“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, before running away.

I did not hear this on the news. What was going thru thru the pervs mind as she locked and loaded? Why was it not loaded already? Never go unarmed if you can help it

I do have to say that her threat of blowing his brains out could be taken the wrong way in a court of law. If she had stopped at simply "...leave or I'll shoot you..." ok, but going that extra step of threatening beyond self defense (IANAL) is over the top in my opinion. I also don't think that drawing down on him just because he was jerking it in public was not warranted. I doubt she will ever be charged with anything that she could possibly be charged with (what DA wants to risk their reputation and political career on prosecuting a woman in this situation - they could probably get away with it if it had been a man who drew down - but a man would have just socked the guy [an appropriate level defense response IMO] grabbed his kid and gotten out of there).

Also, I agree, carrying unloaded is just about the same as not carrying at all.

hermannr

Any thoughts?

-Z

Item #1: WA law has no such thing as "brandishing" in it. You might want to study RCW 9.41.270 Did she "display with the intent to intimidate?" absolutely, and the results were exactly what she wanted...IMHO she did good. (except that she had to load) see next item.

Item #2: you do not have to touch someone to "assault" the them. Maybe Rapgood or Lemmo can verify, but I do believe that by speaking to this woman while doing what he was doing, this guy could be charged with sexual assault, and maybe even sexualy assault of a minor (the kid)...both of which are felonies. RCW 9A.44

I am with everyone else here...how come that pistol wasn't already loaded? Maybe she though she was in Portland?

OldCurlyWolf

I hate to play the devil's advocate here, but is this woman really justified/excused for drawing on him?

In more states than not(excluding the NE and Kommifornia, et alia) she could have shot it off without criminal repercussions. In several states she would garner a medal for that action.

:cool:

compmanio365

I am with everyone else here...how come that pistol wasn't already loaded? Maybe she though she was in Portland?

A lot of people have been taught that's the only safe way to carry a pistol. Given that it was a Ruger LCP, it has an external safety, firing pin block and a long DA pull....probably about as safe to carry loaded as any pistol can be. But a lot of people can't get rid of that irrational fear of carrying with one in the chamber; that it will just "go off on it's own". Maybe now she will reconsider her method of carry.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Given that it was a Ruger LCP, it has an external safety,....

I've not noticed a safety on it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have one.

But I certainly agree that she should carry it loaded, even if that means a better holster.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I say good for her. She was proactive and took action to prevent any further potential confrontation. She might have toned down her verbal response, but really, who knows what any of would actually say in a high-stress situation. I hope she'll carry cocked and locked in the future.

decklin

Risky

I'm glad it worked out for her but she really needs to rethink her method of carry. It really should have been loaded and chambered. I don't recall if it said whether it was in her purse or not but I am not fond of off-body carry.

Yes, she should have not said, "I'll blow your brains out." Given the situation I'm not sure it was entirely unwarranted, though.
There was obviously something very wrong with this guy and I'm sure her adrenaline was really going.

Hopefully she will learn from her mistakes and I really hope they catch this creep.

decklin

I say good for her. She was proactive and took action to prevent any further potential confrontation. She might have toned down her verbal response, but really, who knows what any of would actually say in a high-stress situation. I hope she'll carry cocked and locked in the future.

+1

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...she should have not said, "I'll blow your brains out."....

I might disagree. And any defense lawyer worth his license should be able to educate a jury to my opinion.

Making threats; even gross, outlandish, or extreme ones; and using foul language are TACTICS that help in not having to follow-through with actually carrying out the act of defensive violence.

Especially to someone who's a few bricks shy of a wall, there is a significant difference between a little old lady pulling a pistol on you and telling you to stop, and that same little old lady pulling her pistol and screaming at you that she's going to "blow your FU^%ing head off!"

Of course, you need to be able to articulate your reasons for the threatening remarks.

END_THE_FED

Any thoughts?

-Z

........And risked being attacked from behind and tackled.

It was very reasonable for her to have been in fear that she or her child were in danger of serious harm or death. What many people refer to as Washington's "brandishing law" has an exception for self defense.

RCW 9.41.270 3 C
(c) Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person

Also it is legal in the State of Washington to use deadly force to prevent a felony. He may very well have been committing a felony just exposing and touching himself in front of a child. One could argue that she would have been justified shooting him. (Although I myself probably would not have shot)

I think the only thing she did wrong was not have the pistol loaded in the first place.

I hate to play the devil's advocate here, but is this woman really justified/excused for drawing on him?

Yes.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

You don't shoot a pickpocketer in the back while he runs away with your wallet and you don't shoot someone in the head just because they are acting like a freak exposing their genitalia in public and saying objectionable things to you.

Any thoughts?

-Z

I say doing so is ethically justified. Legally, not in this state. Perhaps in Texas. Should be justifiable homicide everywhere. One has a right to defend one's possessions.

Moving on....

I'll throw a big +1 that the woman was absolutely justified in what she did. Were I on a jury, I certainly wouldn't convict her (based only on what's been presented here). She defused a potentially violent situation very succinctly.

Tho personally, rather than threatening to blow his brains out, she should have just used the gun to destroy the evidence, before he had an unlawful discharge. ;):eek:

Last edited: