• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

women pulls gun on perv in the park

amzbrady

I say doing so is ethically justified. Legally, not in this state. Perhaps in Texas. Should be justifiable homicide everywhere. One has a right to defend one's possessions.

Moving on....

I'll throw a big +1 that the woman was absolutely justified in what she did. Were I on a jury, I certainly wouldn't convict her (based only on what's been presented here). She defused a potentially violent situation very succinctly.

Tho personally, rather than threatening to blow his brains out, she should have just used the gun to destroy the evidence, before he had an unlawful discharge. ;):eek:

1 + 1

I think everyone carrying a firearm should be able to point it at any ass that is committing a crime to make them stop and think twice about doing it again.

amlevin

Can't say she was exactly justified in using her gun to run him off but at least this time there was a favorable outcome.

The story brought back an old memory of a news report over 25 years ago. A woman was leaving classes at the UW one evening and walked down the stairs to the Mountlake parking lot. When she got to the bottom of the stairs some guy jumped out and waved his junk at her. Her reaction was to grab it and put a serious yank and twist on it. The guy was lying on the ground in pain when the Police arrived and he ended up in the hospital from the injuries she inflicted with her "yank and crank". Now that was Justice!

DamonK

Can't say she was exactly justified in using her gun to run him off but at least this time there was a favorable outcome.

The story brought back an old memory of a news report over 25 years ago. A woman was leaving classes at the UW one evening and walked down the stairs to the Mountlake parking lot. When she got to the bottom of the stairs some guy jumped out and waved his junk at her. Her reaction was to grab it and put a serious yank and twist on it. The guy was lying on the ground in pain when the Police arrived and he ended up in the hospital from the injuries she inflicted with her "yank and crank". Now that was Justice!

Here's the problem with this way of thinking. She's not a guy. She's a Mother with a four year old little boy. The repercussions of what that man was doing for her and her son are immeasurable. Frankly, I would have preferred that the story with holes in the bastard. But more than likely she didn't want to risk scaring her child and herself further, emotionally.

I do agree with everyone else on here though, she should have had that mag chambered already. But remember, she may be new. Even if she isn't, baby steps are just fine, as long as they're going in the right direction.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

mohawk001

Interesting first post, newb.

In other words, agree with us or we'll insult you because of your post count and ask you to leave. No, we'll tell you to leave because you haven't posted enough to do anything except agree with us. It doesn't matter if half our post are simple things like giving a +1 or something like that.

sudden valley gunner

http://tdn.com/news/local/woman-pul...cle_66bab166-2f9a-11e2-9af1-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.policeone.com/police-pro.../6038224-Armed-mom-terrifies-flasher-in-Wash/

A Longview woman who was walking at Lake Sacajawea with her 6-year-old son pulled a gun on a man who exposed his genitals to her Wednesday evening, according to police.
The 35-year-old woman was near Martin Dock around 8:10 p.m. when the man approached her “aggressively,” sat down and began performing a sex act, then suggested she should watch him, according to the woman and accounts from police.
“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman said in an interview Thursday night. “I said, ‘You need to leave or Ill shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’ ”
“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, before running away.

I did not hear this on the news. What was going thru thru the pervs mind as she locked and loaded? Why was it not loaded already? Never go unarmed if you can help it

Good for her!

Did she do what was perfect? No but she did what she could, and I say there are very few people who will act perfectly in tense situations.

John, the second link isn't working, how were the comments there? Pro or Negative?

I noticed she doesn't normally carry, this could be a reason for her discomfort of carrying loaded, or maybe she doesn't have a CPL. I would hate to second guess her reasons, and feel if the later is the fact then this is a good reason to get rid of a license to conceal requirement in this state. I notice that for women particularly conceal is in their mind the only real option they have.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Well he was going to flash his gun at her and that might have made him hard to deal with.

I was told the best way to deal with flashers was to point and laugh. Because she had to load and lock to get it going I believe him not getting the hint when she was loading was enough to show he might really be a danger.

aa1911

hey, the perv pulled out his gun first....

I just wish she would've turned him into swiss cheese but she certainly had the right to pull her piece. Out by yourself with a young child, who knows what was next. Maybe just a freak but he could've easily started something else if he's that messed up in the head. I'm sure he's just beating up the police department to complain....:eek::lol:

he will also likely not do that again after this incident, so even though he's still running around, hopefully at least he's got a new attitude. (and trips on the edge of cliff)

1911er

All I can say is the guy is lucky if it would have been my wife walking. the guy would be missing his family jewels, And she would not of thought twice about doing it. And she keeps hers locked and loaded.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
He grabbed his weapon, she grabbed hers, she won!

I have no issue with a woman pulling a firearm on someone being aggressive, while engaging in a sexual act, clearly in my view that is a threat to her and her son.

Still would have as others wished her firearm was loaded and carried in a holster.

trevorthebusdriver

Since the guy was seated, with his hands full, I see no threat. I would have quickly herded away my child, keeping one eye on my child and one on the perp. When out of the park or in locked car, call 911.

bmg50cal

I do agree with everyone else on here though, she should have had that mag chambered already. But remember, she may be new. Even if she isn't, baby steps are just fine, as long as they're going in the right direction.

How does one chamber a magazine? :confused:

Remedial training for this one.

GunDoingItWrong1.jpg

The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

He grabbed his [strike]weapon[/strike] gun, she grabbed hers, she won!

I have no issue with a woman pulling a firearm on someone being aggressive, while engaging in a sexual act, clearly in my view that is a threat to her and her son.

Still would have as others wished her firearm was loaded and carried in a holster.

There I fixed it for you. ;)

aa1911

THIS is my rifle, THIS is my gun... THIS one's for (shooting pervs), THIS one's for fun.....

BobR

While I am glad she was able to shield her child, pull her gun, load it and chase the guy off, was she within the law as it is written? We have had several people on here detained under RCW 9.41.270. When I read the account of the incident in the paper, there is no mention of her being afraid, just loading her gun and threatening to shoot him. Is this justified under RCW 9.41.270 (c) or RCW 9A.16.020. From all accounts I have read, there was no force on the pervs part.

The reason I ask is because indecent exposure is only a misdemeanor in WA, except under certain circumstances. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.88.010

A report I read earlier also said she had a dog with her that chased the perv, had him cornered, but she called it off.

Right off, I think she should have pointed and laughed, then tried to hold him while she called 911. If she couldn't hold him, she should have let her dog keeep him close by.

I can't find the original article I read, but it stated her child was facing her in a stroller, so he never saw anything, it told about the dog, and it didn't have the word agressivly in it. From now on I will copy the early reports of stuff I see. Lesson learned.

Found something similiar:

A flasher allegedly got more than he bargained for when he approached a woman at a lake in Washington state this week: a Ruger .380 pointing back at him.

“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman told The Daily News online. “I said, ‘You need to leave or I’ll shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’”

The gun reportedly had the intended effect.

“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, according to the paper, before running away.

Advertise | AdChoicesThe 35-year-old woman was at Lake Sacajawea in Longview, Wash., with her 6-year-old son and a dog Wednesday evening when the man approached, police confirmed to NBC News.

He allegedly sat down and began performing a sex act and said she should watch.

It was at that point that she pulled out her gun.

After the man ran away, she sent her dog, a Norwegian Buhund Hound, after him, police said. The dog cornered him, and when she called the dog back, the man disappeared into the darkness.

Follow @NBCNewsUSThe alleged flasher is described as a “white male in his early 20s with short dark-blond hair and wearing a gray hoody and dark blue jeans,” the paper reported.

Detective Kyle Sahim said police are actively investigating the incident, including whether it is connected to another reported flashing in the area.

"Not a common event in Longview," Sahim said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/16/15216903-woman-pulls-gun-on-flasher-im-going-to-blow-your-brains-out?lite<br/

I am not saying the woman did anything wrong, in the true sense of the word, but this could have become a he said, she said incident very easily, and she was the one who pulled out the gun to intimidate another. At the very least she should have suggested he stick around for the police, and if not that, she should have let the dog have him, while waiting for the police of course. ;)

bob

Last edited:

mohawk001

Honestly, what I find strange in this thread are so many people saying in some way the same thing. That being, what might the guy have done next is why it was ok for her to pull a gun on someone not currently threatening her physically or actually not threatening her at all. Just doing something stupid as heck. So if it's ok for her to pull a gun based on what he might do next, why are so many also upset over a LEO stopping you over what you might do because you have a gun on you? I smell hypocrisy at work to be honest.

sudden valley gunner

Honestly, what I find strange in this thread are so many people saying in some way the same thing. That being, what might the guy have done next is why it was ok for her to pull a gun on someone not currently threatening her physically or actually not threatening her at all. Just doing something stupid as heck. So if it's ok for her to pull a gun based on what he might do next, why are so many also upset over a LEO stopping you over what you might do because you have a gun on you? I smell hypocrisy at work to be honest.

Because constitutional rights protect us from government not the other way around , no hypocrisy at all. Easily explained.

Now if the perv felt she was wrong he can take her to court. I'd like to see how that would play out civilly. I on the jury wouldn't award him any "damages".

mohawk001

Because constitutional rights protect us from government not the other way around , no hypocrisy at all. Easily explained.

Now if the perv felt she was wrong he can take her to court. I'd like to see how that would play out civilly. I on the jury wouldn't award him any "damages".

Actually it is hypocrisy. Even rights have limits, such as when we can legally use our weapons. So this isn't your Constitutional right thing because it's not about her being able to carry if you want to go that way. It's about people who are using an excuse that they hate to have used against them. That is hypocrisy. If you can't see the pot calling the kettle black, then perhaps you are just a sheeple that you I'm sure hate to see running around. There are many forms of those also after all. If I see you going down the street, perhaps I will pull my gun on you since I do not know you. Who knows what you would do other than walk down my street after all. And I'm not the government, so I'm not taking away your rights. Only using mine based on what you might do next.