Thread: Headed to the Great State of Texas

Headed to the Great State of Texas

Just a quick visit this time and wanted to make sure i had all my ducks in a row. Are there any special laws I should

Exclamation Texas laws

First, TX is NOT OC, We are concealled carry only, with permit. Depends on your state regs and suggest Concealled carry website.
    Kind Regards,
    Charlie47

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by desertborn View Post
    Just a quick visit this time and wanted to make sure i had all my ducks in a row. Are there any special laws I should
    Maybe it will be the country of Texas when you get there ... lol

Expect cold mornings and blistering hot afternoons....

Hmmm. Looks as though part of my post got cut off. I regret that there is no OC in TX, espe ially since it is a state i greatly enjoy. However I am able to CC there unless Nevada is no longer recognized. Does anyone have a link to the texas laws regarding firearms handy? Long plane ride so ill get a good amount of time to brush up on them while I am enroute.

Exclamation

You might look at US Concealled Carry website. If you are from Nevada with a Nevada permit, you are good in Texas except NM is not legal for you. Just check this website for all the info you need!
    Kind Regards,
    Charlie47

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie47 View Post
    You might look at US Concealled Carry website. If you are from Nevada with a Nevada permit, you are good in Texas except NM is not legal for you. Just check this website for all the info you need!
    Kind Regards,
    Charlie47
    Thank you. Yeah NM is always a problem for me no matter what. Wish you all luck on getting OC approved!

Last time I checked the Texas DPS CHL website - Texas recognizes the CCW license/permit of every other state regardless of whether or not that state reciprocates or not.
    So if you have a CCW you are good to go in Texas.

The law in Texas that prohibits OC with a CCW is TPC Section 46.035a. Under the provision of that section a CCW licensee may not INTENTIONALLY fail to conceal when carrying a handgun under the CCW authority.

If logic carries any weight - this provision is applicable ONLY if the failure to conceal is INTENTIONAL.

I make a every reasonable effort to maintain concealment when down in Texas, but I don't spend time stressing over the issue. Texas is afterall Texas - strutting around in public with a fully exposed holstered handgun under current Texas law would likely result in problems.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 11-17-2012 at 06:16 PM.