Thread: Open Carry Seminar in Battle Creek, Jan 27th

Open Carry Seminar in Battle Creek, Jan 27th

Never open carried before? Curious about it? Join us for an Open Carry seminar at Freedom Firearms! Lawful Open Carry of a Holstered handgun welcome (but not required).

These seminars, presented by Michigan Open Carry, are an excellent opportunity to learn about the laws and myths that surround the Open Carry of a handgun in Michigan.

Bring a friend and find out more about Michigan Open Carry.

Where: Freedom Firearms, Battle Creek
    When: Sunday, January 27th at 3:00pm
    Who: YOU! and all your friends interested in Open Carry
    Cost: FREE!!
    Address: 539 Capital Avenue Southwest, Battle Creek, MI
    Phone: (269) 968-4229 ‎
    Freedom Firearms website:http://www.freedomfirearms.biz/

Original Link: http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...ic,2344.0.html

Link to map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=53...earms&t=m&z=16

Please RSVP here:
    http://www.taurususa.com/newsreviews/CBOH2003_000.cfm
    Last edited by Adams182; 01-05-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Note:

I spoke with one of the owners and he asked that I make absolutly sure that everyone attending the seminar use the parking lot across the street so we do not block spots for other customers comming in.

Thank you

Thumbs up

Hope this event goes great! Well done.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Open Carry Seminar in Battle Creek, Jan 27th

I am new to the state but not new to open carry. Can you describe exactly what a open carry seminar is? Dose it offer any benefits for someone who has been open carrying for five years on a regular and reliable basis
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 12-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Welcome! what part of Michigan are you in? The seminars I believe go over Michigan laws and teach how to deal with LEO if you should run into them.

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    I am new to the state but not new to open carry. Can you describe exactly what a open carry seminar is? Dose it offer any benefits for someone who has been open carrying for five years on a regular and reliable basis
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

I am in traverse city I just took my CPL class and had several hours of Michigan law. It made for a long fay but it was also good information being new to the state

Open Carry Seminar in Battle Creek, Jan 27th

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    I am in traverse city I just took my CPL class and had several hours of Michigan law. It made for a long fay but it was also good information being new to the state
    Often CPL instructors and their legal instructors teach the laws totally wrong =[

For good info related to OC in MI, check here:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?topic=25
    Last edited by TheQ; 12-28-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Thanks for the link tons of good information. I especially like the section talking to police about open carry. Not that I think any of theses laws are misquoted but to better CYA can you quote or reference me to any MCLs pertaining to it being illegal for any officer to detain anyone for open carrying. Or on how open carry it self dose not justify reasonable cause or reasonable suspicion? We all know what the law says but unfortunately all too often we are not help according to.the law but rather an officer's own personal bias.

FYI:

The seminar start time was moved to 4pm but the seminar will still take place on Sunday Jan 27th. There was a slight time conflict with a CPL class at Freedom Firearms so at their request the seminar was moved to 4pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

BUMP.

Next weekend! hope to see a bunch a new faces!

I'm excited! My first OC event and I'm bringing a buddy with me who I hope to get into OC.
    Last edited by Redneck125; 01-26-2013 at 04:52 PM.