• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Seminar in Battle Creek, Jan 27th

Adams182

Never open carried before? Curious about it? Join us for an Open Carry seminar at Freedom Firearms! Lawful Open Carry of a Holstered handgun welcome (but not required).

These seminars, presented by Michigan Open Carry, are an excellent opportunity to learn about the laws and myths that surround the Open Carry of a handgun in Michigan.

Bring a friend and find out more about Michigan Open Carry.

Where: Freedom Firearms, Battle Creek
When: Sunday, January 27th at 3:00pm
Who: YOU! and all your friends interested in Open Carry
Cost: FREE!!
Address: 539 Capital Avenue Southwest, Battle Creek, MI
Phone: (269) 968-4229 ‎
Freedom Firearms website:http://www.freedomfirearms.biz/

Original Link: http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,2344.0.html

Link to map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=5...edom+Firearms&hnear=Freedom+Firearms&t=m&z=16

Please RSVP here:
http://www.taurususa.com/newsreviews/CBOH2003_000.cfm

Last edited:

Adams182

Note:

I spoke with one of the owners and he asked that I make absolutly sure that everyone attending the seminar use the parking lot across the street so we do not block spots for other customers comming in.

Thank you

fire suppressor

I am new to the state but not new to open carry. Can you describe exactly what a open carry seminar is? Dose it offer any benefits for someone who has been open carrying for five years on a regular and reliable basis

Last edited:

Raggs

Welcome! what part of Michigan are you in? The seminars I believe go over Michigan laws and teach how to deal with LEO if you should run into them.

I am new to the state but not new to open carry. Can you describe exactly what a open carry seminar is? Dose it offer any benefits for someone who has been open carrying for five years on a regular and reliable basis

fire suppressor

I am in traverse city I just took my CPL class and had several hours of Michigan law. It made for a long fay but it was also good information being new to the state

TheQ

Last edited:

fire suppressor

Thanks for the link tons of good information. I especially like the section talking to police about open carry. Not that I think any of theses laws are misquoted but to better CYA can you quote or reference me to any MCLs pertaining to it being illegal for any officer to detain anyone for open carrying. Or on how open carry it self dose not justify reasonable cause or reasonable suspicion? We all know what the law says but unfortunately all too often we are not help according to.the law but rather an officer's own personal bias.

Yance

FYI:

The seminar start time was moved to 4pm but the seminar will still take place on Sunday Jan 27th. There was a slight time conflict with a CPL class at Freedom Firearms so at their request the seminar was moved to 4pm. Looking forward to seeing everyone.