• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Sayin' Hello!

OCinBlaine

Not sure if I failed to search hard enough, So I am going to intro myself, as I just joined this forum.

Long time lurker, really enjoy this forum, for the most part. I live up In good Ole' Blaine, 31 Male. I work for an Organic cereal producer, and am proud to OC!

I actually hadn't put much thought into owning a handgun, have had my sights on a Semi-auto .308 for a long time.....Up until shortly after moving into a house on the border of Canada. It was my day off, the wife was at work, and I was getting my 3 kids ready for school. My oldest son asked me why there was a man staring at him from our back yard! It took me a second to fully grasp what he was asking. I at first figured him for a prankster, but then recalled my oldest isn't really into that sort of cry wolf thing.

Well I stuck my head out the back door and didn't see any one. looked over at my son, and started to call him out on his Balogna Sandwich he was trying to feed me. he cut me off short of finishing my sentance to inform me, that the guy went around the side of my house.

Off I run to the front door, figuring I'd catch him running down the sidewalk. Yet there wasn't any one out there. At least until I looked over at my fence and found a college aged kid ducking down trying to hide!

I was furious, started to see red, and remembered all three of my kids were watching me, listening to what I was going to say.

So, I chose my words wisely,(my kids have heard only 2 foul words come from my mouth, one being during the conversation I was about to have) And proceeded to let this dude know about where he can and can't be, in a loud attention getting voice. We have a few neighbors who's attention I got. Nothing like having witnesses.

Well, the very next day, I applied for my CPL, joined the NRA, got a membership to the Custer gun range, and went down and started the process to purchase a RIA 1911 (9MM)
This was 2+ years ago, and haven't looked back in regret since.

Currently working on a budget plan to get a nice purse/revolver combo for the wife, as she recently (on her own accord) got her CPL as well.

I had never thought about getting a handgun up until that point because, as a youth i hung out with the wrong crowd and put myself into the situation, and couldn't posses a gun or have a hunting license until I was 21. Well all that's behind me, and the charges don't mention firearm at all. just Class C Misdomeaner.

All I have noticed is I always get told to wait a few days when I purchase guns.

So, here I am. Proud to excersise my 2A!

Thanks for this amazing forum!!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well Blaine you got here just in time. We have a regular coffee meet on Sundays at the Bakerview Starbucks. Folks start drifting in at 1000. Come on down and spend some time with like minded thinkers.
Nice to see some lurkers come out of the dark. Welcome to OCDO

leitung

Welcome aboard!

I was just up in Blaine not too long ago. It's trippy how you can walk across certain streets and walk into Canada. I almost moved there when I was looking to come up here.

Usually when I am up that way, I'm not armed as I am going to Canada so I gotta leave it behind. I hate Canadian Customs, but I like Tim Horton's, Canadian Cigs, and the Duty Free Shop so I will suck it up.

sudden valley gunner

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you live in Blaine......lol.......it is a strange town.

I have been working up there since this summer and still up there Im on Bayview of of Hughes on the Water front area. Come on by if you wanna chat.

Samantha

Blaine is a great place to live I've never had any problems open carrying and law enforcement is well educated on it, welcome to the forums :)

Boomboy007

Another "Hey!"

Let me second Master Sarge's invitation to our weekly coffee chat at the Bakerview Starbucks on Sunday morning at 10:00am.

sudden valley gunner

Blaine is a great place to live I've never had any problems open carrying and law enforcement is well educated on it, welcome to the forums :)

I meant no insult and I have had no problem OCing with the officials there.

I do find on my jobsites I have more problems I don't experience in some other places in the county, and your town is too close to Canada, and is so far away.....:lol:

Hope to meet you this Sunday. If another day is better for a meet we can always have an extra meet on another day.

OCinBlaine

I want to go, but I work 3 on 3 off, so when I have Sundays off me and the fam are church bound. Now that snowboarding season has started my oldest and I have gotten blessings from the Wife to skip church if Baker gets 10-12 inches of fresh powder. We're kind of junkies for snow like that. How's Woods over in Custer like our type? Maybe a meet up there once in awhile, or honestly I much rather enjoy the sound and feeling of discharging my sidearm over talking about it. I have a membership to Custer gun range. May e we all could get together for a lead/lead free slingin' day? Killing paper zombies seems like a good way to meet people? They have a close quarters pistol range so the less skilled (me) can still feel good about hitting paper at the end of the day :) let me know.

sudden valley gunner

Damn I miss snowboarding haven't been in a few years after my injury!

You'll more often than not we don't even talk gun that much while at the meet. We have a diverse group with diverse philosophies and politics and I find it loads of fun.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Yes, a bunch of Constitutionally Minded folk. We just happen to be Armed. I am a member at Custer also. We can work a time out for a group shoot.

skyisfalling

OC in Blaine

Hey OCnBlaine and Samatha.
I'm in Blaine too.
How about a meet at one of the two coffee shops. I also snowboard (don't OC till the last run).
I let my Custer membership exp. but, I'll buy a new.

I have never seen another OC'er in Blaine. Lets change that.

Samantha

Hey OCnBlaine and Samatha.
I'm in Blaine too.
How about a meet at one of the two coffee shops. I also snowboard (don't OC till the last run).
I let my Custer membership exp. but, I'll buy a new.

I have never seen another OC'er in Blaine. Lets change that.

We met over a year ago but in Bellingham, a meet in Blaine would be nice sometime as long as it's not at woods coffee. I prefer not to support a business that is run by a convicted felon that exploits their workers and contributes to organizations that would rather see LGBT people like myself treated no better black people before the civil rights movement.

Anyway on to another topic I managed to get the day off from work this Sunday so you will most likely be seeing me at Starbucks this Sunday :D

Last edited:

skyisfalling

We met over a year ago but in Bellingham, a meet in Blaine would be nice sometime as long as it's not at woods coffee. I prefer not to support a business that is run by a convicted felon that exploits their workers and contributes to organizations that would rather see LGBT people like myself treated no better black people before the civil rights movement.

Anyway on to another topic I managed to get the day off from work this Sunday so you will most likely be seeing me at Starbucks this Sunday :D

Well than, Woods is out.
See ya Sunday, Bakerview Starbucks. 1000 sharp.

OCinBlaine

Yeah! What's up with Woods? My buddy married into that crew, and I haven't noticed anything bad about them from his mouth.

From the coffee point of view, I'd take woods over Cruisin' (Bleck)

Sky you OC on the Mountain on the last day!?thats a Kodak moment for sure.

Samantha, what does LGBT mean?

Anyways, maybe the place formerly known as the Blackberry house is open to our business?