• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Museum of Flight

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My family is hosting a Japanese foreign exchange student, and one of the spots we plan on going is the MOF. I got a good deal on Groupon for four people for $34. Here are the very poorly worded rules:

"Have fun!
Admission to all exhibition spaces is required.
Please do not touch aircraft or artifacts.
No eating or drinking in the Museum’s galleries or aircraft.
Using flash photography in flash-restricted areas, video recording of Museum programs, and commercial photography are prohibited.
Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.

Displaying physical impairment from alcohol or drug use, or the possession, sale, or use of illegal drugs or fire arms on Museum property is prohibited.

No loitering or the assembly of groups who are not using the Museum for its intended purpose.
No soliciting including selling goods or services, panhandling, distributing literature, gathering signatures, demonstrating or conducting surveys on Museum property.
10. Museum parking lots are reserved for use by Museum visitors while visiting the Museum and for Museum staff, volunteers and other authorized vehicles. Oversized vehicles (over 19’ length) may park in designated areas only. No overnight parking is allowed without the approval of Museum Security staff."

Anybody have experience here? Probably going Wednesday the 28th if anybody else wants to join. Since I won't be possessing, selling or using illegal fire arms I should be OK, right?

Last edited:

Mainsail

golddigger14s said:
Displaying physical impairment from alcohol or drug use, or the possession, sale, or use of illegal drugs or fire arms on Museum property is prohibited.

Fire arms is a condition where your arms are ablaze.

Firearms are guns.

I don't see anything in what you've written that would exclude guns, just ensure your arms are extinguished before entry.

29195f7c-1456-4b83-a87d-0a366d56a70a.jpg

Last edited:

skeith5

I think you'd be OK according to a strict interpretation of the rules you posted. I'd just be prepared to have them tell you to cover it up or lock it in a vehicle.

Scott

Metalhead47

I think you'd be OK according to a strict interpretation of the rules you posted. I'd just be prepared to have them tell you to cover it up or lock it in a vehicle.

Scott

This. IIRC the Museum of Flight is operated by a private organization, so they're within their rights to boot you, etc, regardless of what the rules say and can change their minds at any time without prior warning, yadda yadda yadda. Please do post back with your experience, especially if you OC, been meaning to get down there myself for the longest time and curious what the response will be.

EMNofSeattle

Fire arms is a condition where your arms are ablaze.

Firearms are guns.

I don't see anything in what you've written that would exclude guns, just ensure your arms are extinguished before entry.

29195f7c-1456-4b83-a87d-0a366d56a70a.jpg

It's kind of like the Mason County park at Menard's landing on the hood canal has a sigh banning "fire armes" I have not a clue what a "fire arme" is but since I don't own any fire armes I don't worry about the sign :banana:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Well I went half, and half. When I went in I was wearing my jacket unzipped, after about half way through the day I got hot and removed my jacket. I know the docent sitting at the shuttle entrance had to have seen my 1911, and didn't say anything. We then went to The Point Defiance Zoo for the lights. Obviously I was CC outside in the cold, but I took my jacket off inside the aquarium while watching the SCUBA diving Santa. It was kinda dark, so I doubt any one even noticed.

DCKilla

I've OCed at that zoo at least once and the park twice with no issues. I had one positive comment at the zoo. Don't you love preemption?