• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry on Sounder Train and Link Light Rail

Freedom1Man

For all those who believe I have a problem reading.....yeah..... It says exactly what I said it did. Here is the pic. "No weapons or Firearms are allowed"
Interesting...

http://www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/Getting-started/Rules-for-riding.xml
Rules for riding

Whether you're on a bus or a train, follow these basic rules to help make everyone's ride on Sound Transit services enjoyable and safe
Basic rules for bus and train passengers

Animals: Service animals are allowed on Sound Transit buses and trains. Pets may ride if they are carried in small containers.
Pay the correct fare on the bus; on platforms and trains, have fare ready for fare inspectors.
Hold personal items, store in overhead rack or under the seat.
Respect the privacy of other passengers.
Use audio/video equipment only with headphones.
Carry food and drinks in closed containers.
Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
Do not lie down or place feet on seats.
Do not interfere with operator/conductor while operating the vehicle.
Do not harass other riders.
Do not engage in loud or unruly behavior.
No eating.
No smoking.
No littering.
No alcohol consumption.
No hazardous, explosive or corrosive materials.
No unlawful weapons or firearms.
No soliciting.
No loitering.
Do not leave bags unattended.

RCW 81.112.220, 81.112.210, 81.112.230, 9.91.025, 9A.36.031, TCM 8.52.020

I think that whomever printed off the sign was an anti-gun idiot.

Besides the never enforce the pet rule, ever.
The Audio equipment thing RARELY gets followed/enforced.

Metalhead47

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
For all those who believe I have a problem reading.....yeah..... It says exactly what I said it did. Here is the pic. "No weapons or Firearms are allowed"

SAF has recently started a preemption enforcement initiative given their win in Chan v. City of Seattle (of which I was one of the plaintiffs in that case). I will notify SAF of this as soon as they get back to work on Monday after the Holiday.

-Gray

amlevin

SAF has recently started a preemption enforcement initiative given their win in Chan v. City of Seattle (of which I was one of the plaintiffs in that case). I will notify SAF of this as soon as they get back to work on Monday after the Holiday.

-Gray

I't about time that officials who ignore "preemption" face some penalties, either personally or to the entities they represent. Might cure the "Greg Nickels" syndrome. Hopefully the enforcement initiative will call for mandatory fines and/or punishment for the arrogant offenders.