• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

police report from UC-Denver ND

MKEgal

The police report from UC-Denver on that ND by an employee:
http://www.9news.com/assetpool/documents/121115125540_Police Report.pdf

"her handgun got jammed & while trying to unjam it, the handgun went off"

"[the owner] took the handgun apart to make it safer for them... the gun seemed to be stuck while [the owner] was trying to put it together"

She said she got it for protection, but it's a .22 magnum... 5-round revolver. Better than nothing, but not by much.
And she talked with police. SMH

Anubis

She may lose her CC permit over this, and accidental discharge is inexcusable, but I do like how the reports indicate that she was not charged with any crimes, at least so far.

REDDIRT

Scary I have the same gun I wonder how it got jammed?i know it can be a little tricky getting the cylinder in.most time I half cock the gun then load the cylinder. I'm glad nobody was killed what a bad deal

Beau

I can't imagine the embarrassment and shame this lady is going through. I'm sure she learned a lesson but it was a hard lesson learned. What we can all learn from this is never handle a firearm unless you have a safe area should a discharge occur.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I can't imagine the embarrassment and shame this lady is going through. I'm sure she learned a lesson but it was a hard lesson learned. What we can all learn from this is never handle a firearm unless you have a safe area should a discharge occur.

It happens. 275 million guns maybe 100 million handguns .... if this happens once a year, that's a one in a hundred million...

I'm assuming this happens more than once a year ...

I have shot maybe 100000-200000 rounds .... so I'm due !

Logan 5

She said she got it for protection, but it's a .22 magnum... 5-round revolver. Better than nothing, but not by much.
And she talked with police. SMH
.22, .22 Long Rifle, .22 Long, .22 Magnum, 177-.22 (an old caliber) are all very capable of self defense. I'd be more concerned about getting shot by those than by anything larger. Less noise and odds are the bullet's still inside you.