• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC. Panic attack.

griffin

Griffin, are those all in Arizona, or are you trying to say you hate snow? :p

I hate cold weather and snow!
rant.gif
protest.gif
rant.gif

sharkey

Nice use of pics Griff. :D Where I'm at the people even freak out driving when it rains even remotely hard! God, I hope it never snows in the valley of the sun. It will be gridlock and chaos for a week following a flurry. :p

You must not have lived here for long. Hell does freeze over occasionally. The worst was when me and mine were living in Idaho with no snow and relatives in Mesa sent pictures of the snowman they made IN MESA!

_42528243_christianlawton_ariz.jpg

Attachments

• _42528243_christianlawton_ariz.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 83

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
You'll love it here if you do come out. The Police are much more professional here in more opinion. Example: a co-worker of my wife was transporting her pistol on her back seat floor mat, for some reason? She got pulled over for speeding by a LEO. He gave her the ticket, looked in the rear window and said "what's the pistol for?" she said protection. "He smiled and said nice gun." [M&P 9c] and that was that and left. In MI depending on the PD, it most likely would have turned into a felony prone stop. :shocker:

Yeah, so much more professional... lol

http://triblive.com/opinion/editori...drivers-littering-officers-pass#axzz2CiEmVeXd

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
:p I'd say Michigan is a bad place for you.

I live around Detroit, because I'm from Windsor, Ontario, which is just over the bridge.

So..this part of Michigan feels perfectly like home (Except the beer isn't as strong and there's more guns) :D

If you are happy with the snowfall the Detroit area has, don't even think about coming closer to Lake Michigan lol

sharkey

Notice no one was arrested for guns though ..... LOL.

I wonder if anyone actually said no and was still searched. Usually when a cop says I'm going to search your vehicle people fail to answer correctly.

They've always used the line "We're gonna search your vehicle" and most people aren't aware enough to say no. I've always answered "no you're not" and that was the end of it. Granted it's been at least decade since someone wanted to search me.

sharkey

P.S. Mikethegreek, my best advice to you is don't forget about your gun when you go to pee. It's really embarrassing to unbuckle and have your pants and gun hit the floor. I made that mistake once when I was new to carrying. :eek:

FreeInAZ

Never said ALL LEO's were professional here. The ones I have talked with seem to value constitutional rights more than the LEO's from SE MI, but again, that's a pretty low bar...:rolleyes:

But then again, I am sure you run into your share of "professionals" on the mean, mean, streets of Hudsonville... Never know when the bloods & crypts are going to have a turf war over an egg factory.

ETA - the linked story took place in the TUCSON area and involved conservation officers (DNR). Whenever you see TUCSON just substitute it with Warren, Birmingham, Lansing etc.. same bad leaders just in the SouthWest.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

You must not have lived here for long. Hell does freeze over occasionally. The worst was when me and mine were living in Idaho with no snow and relatives in Mesa sent pictures of the snowman they made IN MESA!

I thought that was 2 years ago? If so, yep you're right ,I have not lived here (AZ) that long.:cool: Glad I missed it too. If I never see another snow flake again, that's fine by me. :monkey

I have always said: if it snowed white sand and we all drove dune buggies in 70 degree plus weather, then I would be happy as all get out to be in MI during the winters. :rolleyes:

carsontech

Activist Member
P.S. Mikethegreek, my best advice to you is don't forget about your gun when you go to pee. It's really embarrassing to unbuckle and have your pants and gun hit the floor. I made that mistake once when I was new to carrying. :eek:

You sit down when you pee, too, eh? :uhoh: :p

Last edited:

sharkey

You sit down when you pee, too, eh? :uhoh: :p

Huh? I was standing and the weight of the gun took my pants to the floor as soon as I undid my belt. With a loud thud, but not a bang. ;)

Now I just unzip.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
:p I'd say Michigan is a bad place for you.

I live around Detroit, because I'm from Windsor, Ontario, which is just over the bridge.

So..this part of Michigan feels perfectly like home (Except the beer isn't as strong and there's more guns) :D
Yeah, I love Canadian beer. Not to be confused with the stuff they sell on this side of the border that's been watered down for US consumption.

To quote Monty Python, "We find American beer is like making love in a canoe." "Love in a canoe?" "It's effing close to water."

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Yeah, I love Canadian beer. Not to be confused with the stuff they sell on this side of the border that's been watered down for US consumption.

To quote Monty Python, "We find American beer is like making love in a canoe." "Love in a canoe?" "It's effing close to water."

Maybe true 15-20 years ago, now... not so much. To act as if all Canadian BEvERages are the same is silly, as silly as thinking all US BEvERages are the same. (Black Label, anyone?) Yes, I've spent much time in most of the BEvERage meccas and to state that one is a good example of all... just ain't so...
But what I do detest is Canadian gun law. Their laws were a deal breaker when I was considering a property in northern Ontario to have a a little hideaway. Liked everything about the deal but the fact that my Glock, in it's present configuration, was prohibited. The worst part... people there seemed to agree. On and on how safe it was...yet their actual crime rate for the area I was considering was higher than inner-city GR.

No pistol.... rriigghhtt!

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Maybe true 15-20 years ago, now... not so much. To act as if all Canadian BEvERages are the same is silly, as silly as thinking all US BEvERages are the same. (Black Label, anyone?) Yes, I've spent much time in most of the BEvERage meccas and to state that one is a good example of all... just ain't so...
But what I do detest is Canadian gun law. Their laws were a deal breaker when I was considering a property in northern Ontario to have a a little hideaway. Liked everything about the deal but the fact that my Glock, in it's present configuration, was prohibited. The worst part... people there seemed to agree. On and on how safe it was...yet their actual crime rate for the area I was considering was higher than inner-city GR.

No pistol.... rriigghhtt!
Yeah, well, it's been almost 15 years since I've been to Canada. :) I had considered moving there at one time. Even had some decent job offers. But, then I found out about there gun laws. And that was the deal breaker for me. Even though I lived in Illinois at the time, Canada's laws were (are) worse. It's too bad in a way. I found it to be really beautiful up there.

MikeTheGreek

Yeah, well, it's been almost 15 years since I've been to Canada. :) I had considered moving there at one time. Even had some decent job offers. But, then I found out about there gun laws. And that was the deal breaker for me. Even though I lived in Illinois at the time, Canada's laws were (are) worse. It's too bad in a way. I found it to be really beautiful up there.

Haha. Ooohh yeah!

The only ranges require memberships, which are about 200$ a year. But most have 24/7 ranges that give you a private keycard for unlimited access.

Now..the bad stuff. Lordy lord.

Everything has to be registered. Everything has to be unloaded, locked in a safe, with the ammunition in a different room.
The police may come into your home, any time of the day, and check your safe to make sure all of your registered firearms are present, unloaded, and secured.
You may not keep a loaded gun in your home, and you can NEVER carry a firearm, unless you get a carry permit. The only carry permits are issued to people who can prove that their life is in such great a danger, where the police can not protect them, and that permit is only for a very short period of time.

Needless to say..Canadian gun laws are absolute garbage, and it's one of the only reasons I refuse to move back home, no matter how much I loved it, or how much I miss my family.

Never, ever, ever.

Also, firearms are much more expensive since you can not buy them from the USA/Other countries and have them shipped/carried across the border.