Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun belts?

Question Gun belts?

Right now I OC with a regular leather belt that I've had for oh...8 years?

It sags pretty bad if I don't tighten it all the way and cut off circulation to my body.

Can anyone recommend a good gun belt? (I carry a CZ75B) so It's a pretty heavy gun.

I was looking at a Beltman horse hide belt, but I have no idea if it's good or not. I assume by it being $100 for a belt they're pretty decent.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    Right now I OC with a regular leather belt that I've had for oh...8 years?

It sags pretty bad if I don't tighten it all the way and cut off circulation to my body.

Can anyone recommend a good gun belt? (I carry a CZ75B) so It's a pretty heavy gun.

I was looking at a Beltman horse hide belt, but I have no idea if it's good or not. I assume by it being $100 for a belt they're pretty decent.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    There are a lot of options. If you are good you can take your present belt and line it, or you can have your cobbler(shoe repair) or tack shop do it for you. I lined my own belt, a old work belt, with chap leather. I just bought a enlisted saber belt, I will half line the belt at some point, which is all that is necessary for the weight of the gun. You can get a awl for about 10 bucks on ebay, and get the chap leather at many places, use contact cement and then stitch. You can also buy belt blanks and then double them if you want really heavy, but they will be difficult to buckle unless you half stitch them or do a ranger belt.

My 5.5 inch navy is probably as heavy as your CZ75, but with my lined belt it is hardly noticeable, and stay tight to my side in a Threepersons holster. Actually I got complimented by the staff at Guns Plus yesterday at my rig, many people think I have hundreds of dollars into it, and the whole thing with two holsters, bowie knife sheath, razor knife sheath, snake skin flashlight holder, cap pouch with two speed loaders was under 100 bucks.

Don't leave out surplus, right now you can get two used German 1.75 leather belts for about 15 bucks, cut one to use to half line the other. You can go to upholster shops and by 2 inch heavy canvas straps and double them to make a mills belt(Indian Wars). Use 1 inch strap for cartridge holders. Or just buy a extra heavy riggers belt, and have a dry cleaner line half the belt for you.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-19-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Campaign Veteran
    @MikeTheGreek

Like most topics, "Gun Belts" has been addressed (not too long ago).

Read this -- 2 pages worth of info:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...0520-Gun-Belts
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 11-19-2012 at 02:59 PM.

I've been using one of these since 09. A great product at a great price. And made in the US.

http://raineinc.com/catalog/product_...fn4o14b9tp1ki3
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Worth every cent

www.thebeltman.net is the standard by which gun belts are judged. www.agcustomgunleather is fully comparable. Do it right the first time and not have to rationalize cheaping out.
    Last edited by 6-shooter; 11-23-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: fix link

Quote Originally Posted by 6-shooter View Post
    www.thebeltman.net is the standard by which gun belts are judged. www.agcustomgunleather is fully comparable. Do it right the first time and not have to rationalize cheaping out.
    The thickest the beltman sells is 1 3/4, which for OC IMO is minimum. I prefer at least 2 inches thick.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Gun belts?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The thickest the beltman sells is 1 3/4, which for OC IMO is minimum. I prefer at least 2 inches thick.
    Jeeze, at 2 inches I don't think that belt would fit with any of my jeans. o.o

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

I don't put my gun belt through the belt loops. That does two things, pulls your pants down, and anytime you drop your pants you have to handle your gun. Also when open carrying in the winter it would be a hassle to take the belt off, fish it out and in the loops to not be concealing. A gun belt rides much better and more comfortable on the hips as opposed to the waist. JMHO
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Ok - you want a thick/rigid gun belt to support the weight of your gear: dual pistols, mags, machete, flamethrower, RPG etc.. without flexing & letting your pistol flop away from your body. I use these:
    http://perrysuspenders.com/perconsus1.html in conjunction with a blackhawk instructors belt. Easy on & off & the belt can support 500 + lbs should I feel the need to repel using it?
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Ins...lt,96,1384.htm
    I am sure they have a little kids section that has stuff your size Mike.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 11-23-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: gun belt link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Campaign Veteran
    MikeTheGreek,

You're welcome...

Appearance matters

Take in to account your location/occasion dress and what image you want to project. A trip to the mall or upscale restaurant looking like a wannabe or mall ninja (though legal) can result in unwanted reactions from customers, managers and cops. Reserve tacti-cool for the range and boonies .

Take in to account your location/occasion dress and what image you want to project. A trip to the mall or upscale restaurant looking like a wannabe or mall ninja (though legal) can result in unwanted reactions from customers, managers and cops. Reserve tacti-cool for the range and boonies .
    What is a mall ninja, do you have pictures? From what I have noticed guns are not allowed in most malls~how do these so called mall ninjas get away with it?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Q&A

Mall Ninja:

A term used in the firearm community to describe an individual who is obsessed with police or paramilitary style dress, firearms and accessories.
    Synonym: redneck rambo

A photo is not neeed to ID one. They stand out like the proverbial sore thumb, their verbal and non-verbal communication belying
    their costume and ornaments.

You don't need a hugely wide belt. I have the 1 1/2 inch from Beltman, and have been using it to carry my 229 every day for seven years. Still in great shape. Worth every penny.

Gun belts?

Group of mall ninjas
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353893563.992881.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	9601
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353893501.323819.jpg 
Views:	2265 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	9600  

Mall Ninja:

A term used in the firearm community to describe an individual who is obsessed with police or paramilitary style dress, firearms and accessories.
    Synonym: redneck rambo

A photo is not neeed to ID one. They stand out like the proverbial sore thumb, their verbal and non-verbal communication belying
    their costume and ornaments.
    So that would be equal to the wannabe cop, or wannabe cowboy, or coward, or any other names that anti's have for Open Carriers. You see I don't visit malls much, and I really do not care how others carry or dress. But I find it interesting that a open carrier would participate in such bigotry. And by the rules if you are going to make such claims you need to provide a cite, or a photo.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by CornfedinOhio View Post
    Group of mall ninjas

It that from a movie? Has anybody actually seen anyone OCing in such a fashion?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Gun belts?

I saw it on Facebook and couldn't resist posting it here. It was not taken at my local mall.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    I've been using one of these since 09. A great product at a great price. And made in the US.

http://raineinc.com/catalog/product_...fn4o14b9tp1ki3
    My next belt will be one of these. I really like the inner "belt inside belt" velco loop "secure holding" system. Great way to keep mag holders & other items in place. You cannot rappel with it but for $25 & (USA made) you can't go wrong. I paid almost twice that for the blackhawk (USA) belt I use now & the inner costs extra & must be purchased separately. Hell throw in another $20 bucks for a set of black Perry's industrial suspenders to help manage your gears weight; you've got a secure carry system that should last for years when cared for properly.

As usual Michigander is wise beyond his years. +1 Sir! You may have saved someone here a back ache or worse.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CornfedinOhio View Post
    Group of mall ninjas

I----> large person 2nd from left carries my two favorite UGLY pistols in the world: Hi-Point & Glock. I take function over form any day of the week.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 11-26-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Diehards will be diehards

So that would be equal to the wannabe cop, or wannabe cowboy, or coward, or any other names that anti's have for Open Carriers. You see I don't visit malls much, and I really do not care how others carry or dress. But I find it interesting that a open carrier would participate in such bigotry. And by the rules if you are going to make such claims you need to provide a cite, or a photo.
    The pro/con revelance of one's appearance was thoroughly discussed in the 6-21-12 thread: OC; the whole package matters. I doubt anything of substance can be added to the subject.

The pro/con revelance of one's appearance was thoroughly discussed in the 6-21-12 thread: OC; the whole package matters. I doubt anything of substance can be added to the subject.
    Remind me, wasn't that one of those dress like a cop threads?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Comp-tac

I love my comp-tac belt, since they take the extra care/expense of adding a kydex sewn inbetween the two pieces of leather used on the holster. I don't think anyone does this in the industry. The belt is already contoured to fit the normal wear curve that happens eventually with all leather holsters. Comfortable and supportive right off the shelf... I have one of the first belts made by Comp-tac and it has held up for about 10 years now...

Carhartt® Anvil Belt

Carhartt® Anvil Belt, 1 1/2" Black

;http://www.cabelas.com/mens-belts-su...er=43601065271

I paid 19.99 + tax at a Local Retail Store.

Nice solid sturdy belt.

Thankfully I knew to buy it 2 sizes larger than normal so it has plenty of room to allow for my N82 Original Tuckable holster.

The BEST IWB Holster on the market today !!!

;http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

Check yourself out

Remind me, wasn't that one of those dress like a cop threads?
    Well, you posted on it so you should know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast