• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun belts?

MikeTheGreek

Right now I OC with a regular leather belt that I've had for oh...8 years? :eek:

It sags pretty bad if I don't tighten it all the way and cut off circulation to my body.

Can anyone recommend a good gun belt? (I carry a CZ75B) so It's a pretty heavy gun.

I was looking at a Beltman horse hide belt, but I have no idea if it's good or not. I assume by it being $100 for a belt they're pretty decent.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

WalkingWolf

Right now I OC with a regular leather belt that I've had for oh...8 years? :eek:

It sags pretty bad if I don't tighten it all the way and cut off circulation to my body.

Can anyone recommend a good gun belt? (I carry a CZ75B) so It's a pretty heavy gun.

I was looking at a Beltman horse hide belt, but I have no idea if it's good or not. I assume by it being $100 for a belt they're pretty decent.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

There are a lot of options. If you are good you can take your present belt and line it, or you can have your cobbler(shoe repair) or tack shop do it for you. I lined my own belt, a old work belt, with chap leather. I just bought a enlisted saber belt, I will half line the belt at some point, which is all that is necessary for the weight of the gun. You can get a awl for about 10 bucks on ebay, and get the chap leather at many places, use contact cement and then stitch. You can also buy belt blanks and then double them if you want really heavy, but they will be difficult to buckle unless you half stitch them or do a ranger belt.

My 5.5 inch navy is probably as heavy as your CZ75, but with my lined belt it is hardly noticeable, and stay tight to my side in a Threepersons holster. Actually I got complimented by the staff at Guns Plus yesterday at my rig, many people think I have hundreds of dollars into it, and the whole thing with two holsters, bowie knife sheath, razor knife sheath, snake skin flashlight holder, cap pouch with two speed loaders was under 100 bucks.

Don't leave out surplus, right now you can get two used German 1.75 leather belts for about 15 bucks, cut one to use to half line the other. You can go to upholster shops and by 2 inch heavy canvas straps and double them to make a mills belt(Indian Wars). Use 1 inch strap for cartridge holders. Or just buy a extra heavy riggers belt, and have a dry cleaner line half the belt for you.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Jeeze, at 2 inches I don't think that belt would fit with any of my jeans. o.o

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

I don't put my gun belt through the belt loops. That does two things, pulls your pants down, and anytime you drop your pants you have to handle your gun. Also when open carrying in the winter it would be a hassle to take the belt off, fish it out and in the loops to not be concealing. A gun belt rides much better and more comfortable on the hips as opposed to the waist. JMHO

FreeInAZ

Jeeze, at 2 inches I don't think that belt would fit with any of my jeans. o.o

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

Ok - you want a thick/rigid gun belt to support the weight of your gear: dual pistols, mags, machete, flamethrower, RPG etc..:rolleyes: without flexing & letting your pistol flop away from your body. I use these:
http://perrysuspenders.com/perconsus1.html in conjunction with a blackhawk instructors belt. Easy on & off & the belt can support 500 + lbs should I feel the need to repel using it? :eek:
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Instructors-Gun-Belt,96,1384.htm
I am sure they have a little kids section that has stuff your size Mike. :p

Last edited:

Gray Rider

Appearance matters

Take in to account your location/occasion dress and what image you want to project. A trip to the mall or upscale restaurant looking like a wannabe or mall ninja (though legal) can result in unwanted reactions from customers, managers and cops. Reserve tacti-cool for the range and boonies .

WalkingWolf

Take in to account your location/occasion dress and what image you want to project. A trip to the mall or upscale restaurant looking like a wannabe or mall ninja (though legal) can result in unwanted reactions from customers, managers and cops. Reserve tacti-cool for the range and boonies .

What is a mall ninja, do you have pictures? From what I have noticed guns are not allowed in most malls~how do these so called mall ninjas get away with it?

Gray Rider

Q&A

Mall Ninja:

A term used in the firearm community to describe an individual who is obsessed with police or paramilitary style dress, firearms and accessories.
Synonym: redneck rambo

A photo is not neeed to ID one. They stand out like the proverbial sore thumb, their verbal and non-verbal communication belying
their costume and ornaments.

zoom6zoom

You don't need a hugely wide belt. I have the 1 1/2 inch from Beltman, and have been using it to carry my 229 every day for seven years. Still in great shape. Worth every penny.

CornfedinOhio

Group of mall ninjas
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353893563.992881.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353893501.323819.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353893501.323819.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,465

WalkingWolf

Mall Ninja:

A term used in the firearm community to describe an individual who is obsessed with police or paramilitary style dress, firearms and accessories.
Synonym: redneck rambo

A photo is not neeed to ID one. They stand out like the proverbial sore thumb, their verbal and non-verbal communication belying
their costume and ornaments.

So that would be equal to the wannabe cop, or wannabe cowboy, or coward, or any other names that anti's have for Open Carriers. You see I don't visit malls much, and I really do not care how others carry or dress. But I find it interesting that a open carrier would participate in such bigotry. And by the rules if you are going to make such claims you need to provide a cite, or a photo.

FreeInAZ

I've been using one of these since 09. A great product at a great price. And made in the US.

http://raineinc.com/catalog/product...cts_id=1914&osCsid=pe964njnltu5fn4o14b9tp1ki3

My next belt will be one of these. I really like the inner "belt inside belt" velco loop "secure holding" system. Great way to keep mag holders & other items in place. You cannot rappel with it :rolleyes: but for $25 & (USA made) you can't go wrong. I paid almost twice that for the blackhawk (USA) belt I use now & the inner costs extra & must be purchased separately. Hell throw in another $20 bucks for a set of black Perry's industrial suspenders to help manage your gears weight; you've got a secure carry system that should last for years when cared for properly.

As usual Michigander is wise beyond his years. +1 Sir! You may have saved someone here a back ache or worse.:D