• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black Friday at gander mtn

Sorcice

Has anyone been to the 9pm-midnight thanksgiving or Black Friday sales at gander? I was thinking about picking up a new pistol but wasn't sure if anyone knew what kind of discounts they have had in the past. Thanks!

MKEgal

Most WI people I know on OCDO will avoid Gander (other than simply to shop, not buy), because of their treatment of the NRA-ILA in the run-up to the re-do for Walker's election.

NRA-ILA had (as they had before) rented meeting space & publicized grass-roots political activities.
Just a couple days before the meetings, Gander went back on their word, pulled out of the contract*, causing NRA-ILA to scramble for new meeting space.

*Because this was to be voting-directed activities... as if they couldn't figure out from past association & the name of the group that that's what would be going on.

Sorcice

I remember. But if they sell at close to cost for Black Friday it's hard to pass up. And being in Madison I don't have many options that I'm aware of.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I remember. But if they sell at close to cost for Black Friday it's hard to pass up. And being in Madison I don't have many options that I'm aware of.

Many forum members, including me, boycott Gander Mountain for their lack of support for gun rights and their gutless response to the irrational histrionics of WAVE and their ilk. If you are not aware of Gander's stance on gun rights I ask that you do some research and find out more about that corporation and why they are not the hunter's friend or the gun owner's friend.

If you are aware of Gander's stance, do you boycott them...unless they offer a really good deal??? :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Last edited:

Sorcice

Thanks Boris. And Paul:
1. I said its hard to pass up. Not, I could give a **** and I'll be first in line.

2. Again, living in Madison I don't have many options to buy from cheaply. Especially on Black Friday. If anyone knows of a better option store wise near Madison please let me know before Friday.

HandyHamlet

Gander Mountain caved to the WAVE ghouls. Let 'em go out of business.

LITTLE WOLF FIREARMS
Ogdensburgnsburg, WI.

One of our own and a vet. Enough said.

Last edited:

Law abider

Wow what friction! Remember the Chikfil a issue? What happened. People stuck to their convictions because why should Dan Cathy's view be squelched? I have the same view but I am not going to go around bashing the Bible on the opposition. If someone wants to know my view, I tell them with gentleness. Chickfil A got the biggest sales of their lifetime. Same here. Let Gander go because of what they did to those of us who believe in our second amendment. I don't think there are enough blokes from the other side to fill in the space if those in the entire country who believe like us would just avoid Gander. With that said, if Sorcice has no option, and has to drive 50 miles one way to get cheap ammo to avoid Gander, let him take an opportunity to go there once to get cheap ammo and talk to the store managet about the issue and let them know that he and many others will not be comming here. And that he is telling everyone not to buy their guns and ammo at Gander. Next time Sorcice will plan ahead for black friday and go elsewhere. SORCICE YOU ARE FREE TO DO AS YOU PLEASE this time around. Next time we'll jump all over you Ha ha.:D

Motofixxer

For example:

Gander has the Ruger LC9 listed as a sale item for $329 after a $20 Gander MIR + $13 background + $18.09 tax = $347.09 a good price assuming you get the MIR(Mail In Rebate) which is likely a $20 Gander card, enjoy waiting in line to be helped, purchasing from a giant corporation with the previously listed issues, having to wait for a sale once a year.

BudsGunShop has the LC9 listed for $349 shipped, plus a $13 background to a local Gunsmith Tim Killian = $362 everyday for an additional $2.09

Gander has the Ruger LCP .380 for sale price of $299 + $13 background + $16.45 tax = $328.45

BudsGunShop has the Ruger LCP .380 for the same $299 shipped + $13 background = $312 Everyday for a savings of $16.45

Gander has the S&W Bodyguard for sale price of $369.99 + $13 background + $20.35 tax = $403.34

BudsGunShop has the S&W Bodyguard for $399 shipped + $13 background = $412 Everyday for an additional $8.66

I also seen a while back a gen 3 Glock 27 at Gander for a regular price of $699 + $13 background + $38.45 tax = $750.45
That same gen 3 Glock 27 was on BudsGunshop for $499 + $13 background = $512 Everyday for a savings of $238.45

Trip20

My last 2 pistol purchases were BudsGunShop.com

I always look there first. Never really find a better price locally. Great online shop with good prices. Use a local pawn shop for transfers. Works out ok.

M

McX

hmmmmm, i am currently employed at the Mountains of Gandoria in the k-town region, gun counter ofcourse. they know of me, and to this point i havent seen any disrespect toward armed customers. some lack of knowledge or understanding at times, but no malice, and they ofcourse recieve no malice nor ilk from me. i respect their rights, and the place isnt posted, so i cant support any conversations of them trouncing citizen rights. i will say this, they sure do sell alot of damn guns, people must know something i dont (heh-heh)?

Trip20

...i havent seen any disrespect toward armed customers...

I don't think the implication is that customer-facing individuals were/are disrespectful to armed customers. From what I gather it's more about a particular location (or maybe even a corporate stance, I haven't followed this enough to say for sure) cancelling a booked event due to pressure from WAVE-type hysterics.

GM has always been carry friendly in my view.