• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question about places that sell liquor.

MikeTheGreek

Mike make sure to check out the link. It's shocking, but there are still quite a few officers in your area that refuse to accept OC is legal.

If a cop ever told me to shut my mouth until he spoke, and took my gun. I'd tell him to kindly F**k himself and then sue his department.

There is not understanding OC is legal, and there is knowing fully well it's legal, and being a total ****** about it and think nobody is going to do something about it.

I seriously hope this cop got fired.

This is one of the reasons I want to be a cop, everybody hates cops because most of them are serious scumbags there should be more good ones that don't harass people for no reason.

Hopefully since this was 3 years ago, more police officers have stopped thinking OC is illega

FreeInAZ

If a cop ever told me to shut my mouth until he spoke, and took my gun. I'd tell him to kindly F**k himself and then sue his department.

There is not understanding OC is legal, and there is knowing fully well it's legal, and being a total ****** about it and think nobody is going to do something about it.

I seriously hope this cop got fired.

This is one of the reasons I want to be a cop, everybody hates cops because most of them are serious scumbags there should be more good ones that don't harass people for no reason.

Hopefully since this was 3 years ago, more police officers have stopped thinking OC is illega

Well we threw a couple of OC parties just for Westland ;) After that the Chief sent out a city wide memo. But no the officer involved was not fired to my knowledge. I kinda like being called a "F"ing Glory fighter!" However this low IQ officer missed the point, we fight for all law abiding citizen's rights. :cool:

MikeTheGreek

Well we threw a couple of OC parties just for Westland ;) After that the Chief sent out a city wide memo. But no the officer involved was not fired to my knowledge. I kinda like being called a "F"ing Glory fighter!" However this low IQ officer missed the point, we fight for all law abiding citizen's rights. :cool:

I'm going to start wearing a shirt that says "F*cking Glory Fighter" on the front and "Big Shot" on the back, that way if a cop asks me why I'm OCing I can just point at either one and smile.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Al - while I don't disagree, remember we advocate lawful carry. If he parks in the lot of a strip mall that one of the lease holders had a liquor license he "could be" in trouble while open carrying until he gets his CPL. I have personally had an officer attempt to strong arm the manager of a restaurant into saying they didn't want OCers. Fortunately the manager on duty said "he and his family eat here all the time and he is no threat to anyone, besides it's our policy to follow state law". With that the officer left red faced. You are from the rough and tumble streets of Mason (nice town); and I am sure most LE there attempt to follow the law. Mike runs in WAYNE Co. which has more than it's fair share of anti-OC LE officers in my experience there. Hell, I personally know of one police chief in the downriver area that sent officers to local businesses just to tell them that they did not have to allow OCers in their stores. This was after the President & VP of MOC had met with the chief and the cities command officers. :confused:

Here is a prime example of the mentality of some of the officers in Wayne Co.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2xOpF4z_v0&feature=channel&list=UL

My point: let's take the conservative path with Mike on what we advise him to do until he gets his CPL; considering the areas he frequents.;)

As I recall, the question was with regards to parking his car in the strip mall lot, and leaving his weapon secured in his vehicle while he's in an establishment that sells alcohol. Not OCing into said establishment. Not having been to that particular place, I don't know for certain how it's setup, but in general, who's to say where he parks at? As has been pointed out, without a CPL he couldn't even park in the lot of a business that sold alcohol. But, being in a strip mall, unless there are signs delineating a specific area as being for said establishment, he would not be parking in a lot for the restaurant. Therefore, it should be legal for him to leave his weapon locked in his vehicle, should it not? That, is what I was referencing.

Unless the restaurant has parking spaces in the mall lot marked with visible signs for patrons of their establishment only, the spaces can and would be used by customers for all the stores in the strip mall. I don't think this is a giant leap. I also don't think it's encouraging any illegal activity.

And while I live in Mason now, I used to live AND work in Chicago. I had many "good nights" in Chi town that make bad nights in Detroit look like a picnic. I used to work security and private investigations in the area where Cabrini Green and Robert Taylor homes used to exist. And there were more than a few Chicago cops who thought I must be crazy for working down there. Truth be told, I wasn't crazy, I was just damn stupid.

Last edited:

griffin

I used to work security and private investigations in the area where Cabrini Green and Robert Taylor homes used to exist.

I used to drive past Cabrini Green every Wednesday evening on my way to/from the Old Town School of Jazz. There were Chicago cop cars there every time.

FreeInAZ

What happened with the brandishing charge?

dfox got a letter from the city that basically said "forget the ticket" and that was that. I am guessing they deleted the ticket from the system once they figured out how bad they had stepped in it. That way if he brought law suit against them they could try to say: "we never issued a ticket or detained him, he was just a participant in a voluntary inquiry by our officers...blah...blah...blah":confused:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I used to drive past Cabrini Green every Wednesday evening on my way to/from the Old Town School of Jazz. There were Chicago cop cars there every time.

Yeah, it was a crazy place. I don't think I ever saw a time when there wasn't at least 2 CPD cars parked there.