Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for my CPL..where do I go?

Time for my CPL..where do I go?

Anybody have a good recommendation for where I can go get my CPL? I want to take my class either Saturday, or Sunday, preferably in an OC location around Novi/Livonia/Westland/Northville area? I was going to go to Action Impact..the range I usually go to..but, their instructor is known to kick people out of his classes for arguing that OC isn't a danger to society. They also have a big sign on their door that says "all firearms must be concealed unless in range area"
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

So far the only OC friendly place I know if is Firearm Exchange on Schoolcraft, but their class is $125 (It comes with a 1 month membership which is $25)
    Molon Labe

How long have you been a resident of the state?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    How long have you been a resident of the state?
    Full time 2 years, but before that, I lived here with my dad every weekend for 20 years. I just got my drivers lic a month ago, but I do have bills that state I've lived here for two years. I know there is a 6 month rule for being a resident to get a CPL. I shouldn't have a problem with that, I hope.
    Molon Labe

Good. Age?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Good. Age?

& Before you ask, no, no felonies Not even a single arrest.
    Molon Labe

http://detroitccw.com/

Others may have other recommendations, but Rick Ector has been a friend of open carry and Michigan open carry, Inc.

He won't feed you bullsh|t about open carry that you may hear from other instructors.

Look him up on Facebook, "Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit". Tell him Phil sent you.

Red face

Hey Mike -

I found your thread on this subject from TWO YEARS AGO!
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...r-CPL-training

Mr. Webb is also another good choice.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Others may have other recommendations, but Rick Ector has been a friend of open carry and Michigan open carry, Inc.

He won't feed you bullsh|t about open carry that you may hear from other instructors.

Look him up on Facebook, "Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit". Tell him Phil sent you.
    I just looked into his website and it is $149.99 + $35 Range Expenses because I'd miss the 14 day window for their next class. That's a bit (wayyyy) more than I was expecting to pay haha, since I believe I still have to pay another 150 at the Wayne Country Clerks office to get everything processed.

I called the place by my house and they said they are OC friendly, so I might just stick with that and save me some money.

Thank you though!
    Molon Labe

The clerk CPL fee is $105, btw.

The clerk CPL fee is $105, btw.
    Even better!
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    So far the only OC friendly place I know if is Firearm Exchange on Schoolcraft, but their class is $125 (It comes with a 1 month membership which is $25)
    If you can hold off until December 1st I have a class going that I could get you in.

It is AT the Firearm Exchange (They allow other instructors to rent class space, and do there classes their, I am not affiliated with them.)

As you have said it's OC friendly (However due to NRA safety rules, you will have to unload during class).

It's only $100, and I include everything with it, all the course materials, some extra stuff I put in the packet, I cover your range time, and I even bring in Pizza, and pop.

I also do a segment on OC (I even give you a copy of AG opinion 7113).

Dean Greenblatt is coming in to cover the legal section.

It's from 9-5:30 all one day, and obviously the shooting is done on site.

If you, or anyone else is interested PM me.
    Last edited by Small_Arms_Collector; 11-21-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Re: Time for my CPL..where do I go?

Quote Originally Posted by Small_Arms_Collector View Post
    If you can hold off until December 1st I have a class going that I could get you in.

It is AT the Firearm Exchange (They allow other instructors to rent class space, and do there classes there, I am not affiliated with them.)

As you have said it's OC friendly (However due to NRA safety rules, you will have to unload during class).

It's only $100, and I include everything with it, all the course materials, some extra stuff I put in the packet, I cover your range time, and I even bring in Pizza, and pop.

I also do a segment on OC (I even give you a copy of AG opinion 7113).

Dean Greenblatt is coming in to cover the legal section.

It's from 9-5:30 all one day, and obviously the shooting is done on site.

If you, or anyone else is interested PM me.
    This!!!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    This!!!
    I'd love to go there but I'm working that day..crap. I also have this tuesday off so I can go to Wayne county and process my cpl, if I went Dec 1st I'd have to take that day off, and then wait 2 weeks before I could take it and get it processed. no Bueno.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
    Molon Labe

I'd love to go there but I'm working that day..crap. I also have this tuesday off so I can go to Wayne county and process my cpl, if I went Dec 1st I'd have to take that day off, and then wait 2 weeks before I could take it and get it processed. no Bueno.

It seems another 2 weeks wait wouldn't be a great deal to get a class from someone who won't teach you FUD about OC, so if you could get the day off I would go to that class
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    It seems another 2 weeks wait wouldn't be a great deal to get a class from someone who won't teach you FUD about OC, so if you could get the day off I would go to that class
    1 more week for the class and thn 2 more weeks to process, 3 weeks...eh, I need to get it sooner. + the place I'm going to is OC friendly. I may still take his class after anyway, think it would be nice, even if I have my cpl already

Last edited by MikeTheGreek; 11-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Molon Labe

+1

My wife went to Rick for her class(CADL fundraiser CPL class) and not only did she learn a lot she said he was very entertaining and made the class a lot of fun
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

1 more week for the class and thn 2 more weeks to process, 3 weeks...eh, I need to get it sooner. + the place I'm going to is OC friendly. I may still take his class after anyway, think it would be nice, even if I have my cpl already

I'd be glad to have you.

Scott Webb/Webb Tactical?

I know a long time ago somebody recommended Scott Webb for CPL classes...but google has NO information on how to get a hold of him, what range he works at, or Webb Tactical 0.o Somebody wanna help me out?
    Molon Labe

Thumbs up

Dude? Must you start a thread for everything.

He is still in the yellow pages. I know your generation doesn't know how to operate that hi-tech pagey book thingy

http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwid...ical-457930542

If he's still doing private one on one classes (he did this on special requests) you'll get more than your monies worth.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Dude? Must you start a thread for everything.

He is still in the yellow pages. I know your generation doesn't know how to operate that hi-tech pagey book thingy

http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwid...ical-457930542

If he's still doing private one on one classes (he did this on special requests) you'll get more than your monies worth.
    I like taking advantage of technology and getting fast replies I'll attempt to contain my questions into fewer threads.

Just tryna keep this place alive and kicking!
    Molon Labe

Thumbs up

I like taking advantage of technology and getting fast replies I'll attempt to contain my questions into fewer threads.

Just tryna keep this place alive and kicking!
    I was just razzing you Mike. Post away, you are putting John through Law School at this rate

I was just razzing you Mike. Post away, you are putting John through Law School at this rate
    Wait...who?

Remember...I'm Kinda slow. (Comes with being Canadian)
    Molon Labe

Wait...who?

Remember...I'm Kinda slow. (Comes with being Canadian)
    The co-founder of this site (John) is going to college to become a lawyer. I think Mike (the other co-founder) is already a lawyer.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...discrimination

The co-founder of this site (John) is going to college to become a lawyer. I think Mike (the other co-founder) is already a lawyer.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...discrimination
    Haha. I love Jon Stewart.
    Molon Labe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast