• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time for my CPL..where do I go?

MikeTheGreek

Dude? Must you start a thread for everything. :p

He is still in the yellow pages. I know your generation doesn't know how to operate that hi-tech pagey book thingy:p

http://www.yellowpages.com/nationwide/mip/webb-tactical-457930542

If he's still doing private one on one classes (he did this on special requests) you'll get more than your monies worth.:dude:

I like taking advantage of technology and getting fast replies :p I'll attempt to contain my questions into fewer threads.

Just tryna keep this place alive and kicking! :banana:

FreeInAZ

I like taking advantage of technology and getting fast replies :p I'll attempt to contain my questions into fewer threads.

Just tryna keep this place alive and kicking! :banana:

I was just razzing you Mike. Post away, you are putting John through Law School at this rate :p

FreeInAZ

Wait...who?

Remember...I'm Kinda slow. (Comes with being Canadian)

The co-founder of this site (John) is going to college to become a lawyer. I think Mike (the other co-founder) is already a lawyer.

[video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-12-2010/open-carrier-discrimination[/video]

MikeTheGreek

Me too! We need more skinny people like yourself though to break the "same body type" stigma...:rolleyes:.

Us chubby ba$tards are holding back OC...literally ...really...huff...slow down you guys...huff...:D

Haha..maybe if I gained some weight, my huge CZ75B wouldn't look so OBVIOUS on my side and it would be easier to OC.

Or maybe I should just try a smaller gun.

I eat fast food 3 times a day (Seriously, I've been renovating my condo, tore out the kitchen 13 months ago and havent replaced it) but my metabolism is so fast I can't gain a pound to save my lifeee.

I'll just drink enough protein to get chubby...grow my hair out and get a handlebar stache.

I'll be a true OC man!

FreeInAZ

Haha..maybe if I gained some weight, my huge CZ75B wouldn't look so OBVIOUS on my side and it would be easier to OC.

Or maybe I should just try a smaller gun.

I eat fast food 3 times a day (Seriously, I've been renovating my condo, tore out the kitchen 13 months ago and havent replaced it) but my metabolism is so fast I can't gain a pound to save my lifeee.

I'll just drink enough protein to get chubby...grow my hair out and get a handlebar stache.

I'll be a true OC man!

Thanks Man I'm misting up here...you're all right for a whipper-snapper. :p

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The co-founder of this site (John) is going to college to become a lawyer. I think Mike (the other co-founder) is already a lawyer.

[video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-12-2010/open-carrier-discrimination[/video]

John graduated and passed the bar this year, he is good to go.

MikeTheGreek

Did my CPL class today.

Other than it being reaaaaally long, it was pretty fun.

I went to Cheryl Pearson at Firearm Exchange.

The instructor was very good, and even covered some OC stuff.

Now, there were 3 things that I wanted to ask YOU guys about.

1. Is it correct that you can OC inside a bar or tavern with your CPL and the owners permission?

2. She said it's illegal to have loaded mags in a car without a CPL, even if your firearm is unloaded and locked in the trunk.

3. Is it illegal to have more than one firearm on you at once? She said that when asking some police officers (which I know, dont usually know crap) theyve said, since it says concealed PISTOL license, and not PistolS, it means you can legally only have one gun at a time.

Now...the first two, I need your answers with.

The third one...I know for a fact that multiple people on here in Michigan carry more than one firearm, and I know a few people who CC and carry two guns, so I already kinda know that #3 is false.

Thoughts?

I have never seen any mention of this on all of the stuff I've read about OC.

Any thoughts?

Small_Arms_Collector

Other than it being reaaaaally long, it was pretty fun.

I went to Cheryl Pearson at Firearm Exchange.

1. Is it correct that you can OC inside a bar or tavern with your CPL and the owners permission?

2. She said it's illegal to have loaded mags in a car without a CPL, even if your firearm is unloaded and locked in the trunk.

3. Is it illegal to have more than one firearm on you at once? She said that when asking some police officers (which I know, dont usually know crap) theyve said, since it says concealed PISTOL license, and not PistolS, it means you can legally only have one gun at a time.

Now...the first two, I need your answers with.

The third one...I know for a fact that multiple people on here in Michigan carry more than one firearm, and I know a few people who CC and carry two guns, so I already kinda know that #3 is false.

Thoughts?

I have never seen any mention of this on all of the stuff I've read about OC.

Any thoughts?

1: Yes, you can, but you do not need to ask permission, however if asked to leave you must.

2: False.

3: False

TheQ

Did my CPL class today.

Another thread...?

Maybe we'll review the Mike threads and make an Michigan Open Carry FAQ.

Last edited:

scot623

ANOTHER THREAD!! AWESOME!! How about you save all your questions until...

A. You attend an open carry seminar.
B. You read the book about open carry you said you were going to buy.

For the love of god man, are you going to start a thread about whether you should hav Wendy's or McDonald's for lunch next?

Lastly, stop open carrying until you have a SOLID understanding of the laws. Your question/thread per day asking about OC laws tells all of us you DO NOT KNOW ENOUGH TO OPEN CARRY SAFELY YET.

We do not want to see the MikeTheGreek thread asking for bail money and an attorney referal.

Last edited:

TheQ

Did my CPL class today.

I will note: we told you not to take a class with a cheap, useless CPL instructor. You get what you pay for...

griffin

I will note: we told you not to take a class with a cheap, useless CPL instructor. You get what you pay for...

I believe Rick Ector was recommended. You should have taken his class. :)

Although to be fair, if that's the only incorrect information he heard, that wasn't too bad! Problem is, if you don't know the laws inside and out before you attend you don't know if you were taught any bad info.

Last edited:

scot623

Btw, when you start a thread about your CPL instructor saying she was "very good" then follow up by asking questions about 3 things she butchered in reference to firearms laws...those two things don't mesh. How much other stuff did she get wrong that you don't know about?