• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division

katsung47

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division
Published: Wednesday, 7 Nov 2012

Boeing announced a major restructuring of its defense division on Wednesday that will cut 30 percent of management jobs from 2010 levels, close facilities in California and consolidate several business units to cut costs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

Watch the date of the announcement. They don't want bad news to hurt Obama's campaign?

Beretta92FSLady

It's good to hear they are cutting back from the Federal teet. The war machine in America ought to be significantly cut back.

Last edited:

Scvette

It's good to hear they are cutting back from the Federal teet. The war machine in America ought to be significantly cut back.

From the federal teet,right to the unemployment lines to get their checks! What's the diff, at least we all know they voted to lose their jobs. Good for them they picked that guy again. There is a good side to him winning again.

Last edited:

ldsgeek

They were told that not complying with the WARN act wouldn't be held against them, no prosecution or fines. This was mentioned (briefly) before the election. Sounds like voter manipulation to me, but what do I know.