Thread: Our NRA pals playing politics...

Our NRA pals playing politics...

Since you are unfamiliar with the feature of copy/paste I'll take care of it.....

The Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence presented awards to two Prairie State politicians, the Associated Press reported today. Governor Pat Quinn and outgoing Rep. Bob Dold were both given leadership awards last week, Quinn for trying to ban semi-automatic firearms, and “suburban Chicago Republican” Dold for “cross[ing] party lines to oppose ‘dangerous’ gun legislation.”

Replacing another Republican gun-grabber Mark Kirk in January, 2011, Dold’s anti-gun sympathies have been clear from the start. The political positions reporting website, “On the Issues,” revealed Dold “Supports restricting gun purchase & possession,” dating their entry “Nov. 2010.”

Read more at http://www.examiner.com/article/nra-...-control-award
    Last edited by John Pierce; 11-25-2012 at 10:17 AM.

It's an Op-Ed.

My question is, what specific restrictions did Dold speak/vote to do? The op-ed those around a lot of generalities, but nothing specific. I hate these articles....they sound as if they have a beef to grind, very general. In researching, I didn't find Dold voting or saying anything that he did do anything...only the survey he took.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Campaign Veteran
    mustangkiller,

Maybe the OP wasn't sure about copying & pasting copyrighted (?) material, and so, erring on the side of caution, he just gave the link instead?
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 11-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkiller
    Since you are unfamiliar with the feature of copy/paste I'll take care of it...
    [snipped copyright infringement]
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft
    Maybe the OP wasn't sure about copying & pasting copyrighted (?) material, and so, erring on the side of caution, he just gave the link instead?
    I agree. The OP followed the rules (it's legal to post excerpts, but not the whole piece, without permission).

the main issue is.

(Nope not going to finish the thought, now compare that to the OP's)

Banned
    NRA is not a gun organization that I support ....

got this message earlier, dreaded unavailable ...

Website currently unavailable

The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.
    If you are the site owner, here is a help resource to help resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    NRA is not a gun organization that I support .... .
    Me either. I'd describe them as barely pro gun in nature, and a pyramid scheme with a heavy preference for profit and republicans, with actual stances on gun rights not meaning so much as republican status.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.