• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forums and their role in Freedom

Freedom First

I just wrote a post on my blog, Freedom First 1775 addressing a gentleman's concern about talking secession and potential of dissolving the union on an open forum. It's an important issue today as many are busy petitioning the government for permission to peacefully leave the union as if they would ever allow it.

I would really appreciate it if those in the administration and the owner of OCDO would take the time to read and think on my post though. There's more at stake here than administrative rules...

Thanks for the great forum and I look forward to each day's discussion with you folks!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Taverns! You left out the taverns and ale houses! How can you rail against the king without a mug of ale in your hand and a buxom serving girl on your knee? I say you can't do it properly!:)

----------------------

Electronic forums--and blogs--have their place.

The downside is that the king's spies can read every word and know who is seditious if the king's council chooses to re-define it so.

Last edited:

Freedom First

Taverns! You left out the taverns and ale houses! How can you rail against the king without a mug of ale in your hand and a buxom serving girl on your knee? I say you can't do it properly!:)

You write it, I'll post it as a mystery guest blogger... ;-)

Electronic forums--and blogs--have their place.

The downside is that the king's spies can read every word and know who is seditious if the king's council chooses to re-define it so.

There were Tory spies everywhere in the Colonies too. It's amazing that the Framers weren't all lined up and shot...

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP It's amazing that the Framers weren't all lined up and shot...

Oh, I'm sure the royalists would have if they could have. The first impediment that jumps to mind is witnesses willing to testify, and enough evidence to convict. Plus, I'm sure the Founders were not dumb. I'm sure every writing was carefully weighed as to how much exposure it created and whether there was a fast horse nearby in case a squad of redcoats came down the street.

By the way, Framers didn't come along until the summer of '87.

Last edited:

Freedom First

Oh, I'm sure the royalists would have if they could have. The first impediment that jumps to mind is witnesses willing to testify, and enough evidence to convict. Plus, I'm sure the Founders were not dumb. I'm sure every writing was carefully weighed as to how much exposure it created and whether there was a fast horse nearby in case a squad of redcoats came down the street.

By the way, Framers didn't come along until the summer of '87.

The men who became the Framers and/or Founders didn't just beam down in '87 out of a vacuum but of course you know this. Many of these men were involved in the Continental Congresses and worked to establish something good out of the efforts of the people who had been busy driving the crown officers from the countryside as early as 1774.

The Brits were outmatched and North knew it early on but the Parliament's ignorance of insurgency forced him to walk the whole painful process out. The process could easily repeat itself here should the people today actually understand their common role in history. The point has been made that there are far fewer servants of the state than those who it feeds upon. It's not in the best interest of those in power to allow us to get a foothold in the hearts of our neighbors. We need to speak the truth and help folks get aimed in the right direction.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I was teasing you about anachronistically applying the term Framers to the revolutionary period. :p:)

Sorry, I should have put those smileys in that post.

Freedom1Man

You write it, I'll post it as a mystery guest blogger... ;-)

There were Tory spies everywhere in the Colonies too. It's amazing that the Framers weren't all lined up and shot...

Hell, I don't care if I am mystery blogger or not. I will use this handle and blog about it all over, once I start my blog that is...

As for them not being lined up and shot, well the judges were too worried about their own lives at that time. People were serving justice upon the judges at the time.

Freedom First

Hell, I don't care if I am mystery blogger or not. I will use this handle and blog about it all over, once I start my blog that is...

The mystery blogger title was a joke. I was suggesting that I would gladly post anything by Citizen on my blog since I respect his thoughtful writing.

As for them not being lined up and shot, well the judges were too worried about their own lives at that time. People were serving justice upon the judges at the time.

A crown commission was a dangerous piece of paper.