Thread: Holster for a Colt Police Positive Special

Holster for a Colt Police Positive Special

I've had my Police Positive for a while, but haven't shot it very much. I took it to the range today, and remembered just how much I like it! Mine is fairly old-from the mid-1920s by the serial number, but seems to have been shot very little and has no play at all in the lock-up.

For those unfamiliar, the Police Positive Special is basically a long-barrel Detective Special(or more properly the Detective Special is a short-barrel PPS). Mine has a 5" barrel so I have a chance of hitting what I'm aiming at with it but is still a lightweight and nice-handling gun. I don't dare put any +Ps in it, but do have a box of standard pressure Ny-Clads that I think would do the job well if the occasion arose.

I'd like to find a good holster so that I can carry it at least occasionally, but haven't had a lot of luck finding something that will fit it correctly. Detective Special holsters seem plentiful, but not for the longer PPS. K frame holsters are a bit too large, and allow it to move around too much for my comfort.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something that might work? I'm flexible on type as long as the gun fits properly.

North Chesterfield VA
    Most of what you are going to find are classified as "duty holsters". If that's not your style look at Tom Threeperson style holsters - retro and quite servicable.

The other option is to do a search for "revolver holster" and spend weeks agonizing over what you want in a semi- or full-custom scabbard.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Oh, my. Isn't asking for a holster for this gun a little like asking for a magneto for '39 Packard? They're probably out there, but its gonna take some looking.

But, old guns are cool, so it will be worth it I think.

I agree with Skid. Lotsa google.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

North Carolina
    What type of holster are you looking for? Figure that out and it should be no problem to have one made for you. Locally ask your shoe repair, if near a military base, or check with a tack shop that does saddle repairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

Try they claim they can make a holster for almost any handgun.

NW Florida

FIST holster fan

Visit Holsters are made to order, lots of styles, colors, and other custom options available. Excellent quality fair prices, 4-6 week turnaround time.