• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings BANS Guns

donsadlerjr

A friend I have said he went to Buffalo Wild Wings and seen this. Apparently it is a Corp Policy across the country.
46235_10151237056603070_876928087_n.jpg

ArmyVet73

That just sucks, my Jeep club meets there every month, looks like we go somewhere else for our meet and greet.

Update: Injust sent them the letter that has our stand on why it is not a good idea to ban guns on their premises.

Last edited:

ArmyVet73

BWW Response

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms. However, because we are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, we have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms within our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Guest Relations

Buffalo Wild Wings

5500 Wayzata Blvd.

Suite 1600

Minneapolis, MN 55416

800-499-9586

Guess I'll be going somewhere else to have wings. Too bad, I really like their food and atmosphere.:(

DocWalker

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms. However, because we are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, we have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms within our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.QUOTE]

I love their response.....

1. Comfort: who's comfort? The criminals? I know I wouldn't be comfortable knowing I had no way to defend myself.

2. Safety: Again who's safety? Must mean the criminals safety as to protect them from people fighting back.

3. Enjoyable enviorment: I know I enjoy a gun range and there are a lot of guns. I don't think the movie theater in Aurara, CO was an enjoyable enviorment and it was a gun free zone.

The arguments the company makes are just stupid. If they don't like the US Constitution then they don't need my money.

ArmyVet73

Great post Docwalker, if more people could just see it that way we would see a huge drop in crime and alot better attitude in society in general. :banana::lol:

donsadlerjr

I actually prefer Wingstop, I am in the process of contacting them, I will let you know what I find out.

Please do and let us know. I need a place I can get wings. I am put between here I don't want to give them any more of my money. But I love wings.

Heck even calling it in would make me leave my protection in the car.

MKEgal

This is nothing new. Their anti-rights policy has been known for a long time, posted in many threads here & on cc-related sites. (Usually by new people who have just run into the sign & are as outraged as the rest of us.)

All we can do is tell them they are losing our money, tell them why they are losing our money, and tell friends why we think they should not spend their money at BW3.

And, heaven forbid, should there be a robbery/murder committed, this time at a BW3, we can make sure the families of the victims know about the corporate policy, as well as any victim-protective laws (such as we have here in WI).

In WI, our cc law included a provision that if a business does not post "keep out / criminals welcome" signs, then they are immune from liability if anything bad happens which could be related to that decision. Once this was explained to store owners, many quickly took down their signs. (In addition to pointing out the loss of income from people shopping elsewhere.)

Last edited:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
[snip]
In WI, our cc law included a provision that if a business does not post "keep out / criminals welcome" signs, then they are immune from liability if anything bad happens which could be related to that decision. Once this was explained to store owners, many quickly took down their signs. (In addition to pointing out the loss of income from people shopping elsewhere.)

There will be a bill on exactly this in Oklahoma in our 2013 legislative session.

Archerman99

A very nice email along with a copy of our letter to businesses has been sent. I will post their return the second I get it

Sent to Wing Stop that is

Last edited:

Archerman99

Just remembered one more thing...and don't mean to get off topic...but
I met my wife at Louies on the Lake, at Lake Hefner, the other night, and noticed they had a gun buster up on their doors.
We sat on the patio, which was not posted, just the doors, but I will be sending them a letter as well. Not sure if Louie's have been talked about before somewhere else, but another email to them couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

donsadlerjr

Just remembered one more thing...and don't mean to get off topic...but
I met my wife at Louies on the Lake, at Lake Hefner, the other night, and noticed they had a gun buster up on their doors.
We sat on the patio, which was not posted, just the doors, but I will be sending them a letter as well. Not sure if Louie's have been talked about before somewhere else, but another email to them couldn't hurt.

Man I love that place also.

donsadlerjr

I have a suggestion..

Why not setup a sticky post in here so we can make a list of everywhere we see the gun buster signs and have one place we can see if someone has tried to contact them

Steel Cowboy

New forum member here. I sent an email voicing my displeasure to BWW and received the same "canned" response that was posted above. I emailed them back and stated that they would no longer be getting my business. I also contacted 5 other CCW friends and they will not be going back there either. All 5 said they were going to email them ablout their anti-firearm policy.

MKEgal

re: list of places that are anti-gun

There's a national database at http://friendorfoe.us/
And if you add a comment to your rating of a business, you can say if you've contacted them & maybe what they said.
But state lists have been accumulated here on OCDO. Ask a mod to make it a sticky in your state forum.

donsadlerjr

There's a national database at http://friendorfoe.us/
And if you add a comment to your rating of a business, you can say if you've contacted them & maybe what they said.
But state lists have been accumulated here on OCDO. Ask a mod to make it a sticky in your state forum.

I have used there site. I find it extremely slow and they won't get back with me about my account I credit. That is why Been thinking about making my own site like theirs since I own my own web servers.

Archerman99

Did not get a response back today from Wingstop or Louie's. kind of figured I wouldn't given the holiday, but I will post their response when it arrives