• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings BANS Guns

Gary S

Please do and let us know. I need a place I can get wings. I am put between here I don't want to give them any more of my money. But I love wings.

Heck even calling it in would make me leave my protection in the car.

I don't think pizza hut is posted but even if it was they deliver, and there wings are as good as the others. Just a thought.

Archerman99

Response from Wing Stop

So better late then never I suppose.
I finally got a response back from Wing Stop. It's pretty generic, pretty basic, but encouraging.

Dear Justin M,

Thank you for contacting Wingstop Restaurants Corporate Office.

We do not have a Corporate Policy on fire arms for Wingstop locations. As
you may be aware, the majority of Wingstop locations are independently
owned and operated and are expected to follow the laws and guidelines of
the state and local governments where they operate. As a result we leave
the decision up to the Owner of each location to set their policy on
firearms for their location.

Sincerely,

Haley Alton - Guest Relations

Last drive by, the Wing Stop closes to my house, 122nd & Penn was not posted, but now that some time has past it would be worth another look.
If anyone else would be interested, I would be down for a get together at Wing Stop to show our support. Doesn't matter to me which one.
And maybe even go as far as sending our receipts to BBW and say "Sorry 'bout ya"

Last edited:

donsadlerjr

That would be awesome as soon as OSBI stops be lazy and gets me my lic I would be game for 122 and Penn. still waiting on it. Like they have to write it in stone.

Randy P

http://www.ktul.com/story/20295941/...-leaving-children-in-running-vehicle-to-drink

This part grabbed my attention: Murray was arrested for two counts of child abuse/neglect, carrying a firearm into a place where alcohol is sold, failure to inform police he was carrying a weapon, possession of a firearm under the influence of alcohol and public intoxication.

Probably just poor wording on the reporters part, but still.

richmc

I have used there site. I find it extremely slow and they won't get back with me about my account I credit. That is why Been thinking about making my own site like theirs since I own my own web servers.

I started one this weekend. Still setting it up and I have to enter sites on the map once they are posted. If there is enough interest, will add volunteers with the ability to add to the map. This is aimed just at Oklahoma. http://carryoklahoma.proboards.com.

Working on this daily so new sites will be added as I find them.

Last edited:

MM_45

http://www.ktul.com/story/20295941/...-leaving-children-in-running-vehicle-to-drink

This part grabbed my attention: Murray was arrested for two counts of child abuse/neglect, carrying a firearm into a place where alcohol is sold, failure to inform police he was carrying a weapon, possession of a firearm under the influence of alcohol and public intoxication.

Probably just poor wording on the reporters part, but still.

The carrying a firearm into a place where alcohol is sold charge doesnt seem right since it is a restaurant unless they arrested him on that charge because he was in the bar area as it said in the article but the charge would be where alcohol is consumed not sold. The statute dosent seem to prohibit the bar area of a restaurant it only seems to prohibit establishments as a whole if they serve alcohol and its the primary purpose of the business but when i took my handgun license class it was taught by 2 LEOs and they said the bar area of a restaurant is off limits. I OCed at the bww in Lawton last night its not posted and i didnt have any problems. The manger walked by me a couple times didnt say anything and also had 4 LEOs walk past me at my table and they didnt say a word.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
The carrying a firearm into a place where alcohol is sold charge doesnt seem right since it is a restaurant unless they arrested him on that charge because he was in the bar area as it said in the article but the charge would be where alcohol is consumed not sold. The statute dosent seem to prohibit the bar area of a restaurant it only seems to prohibit establishments as a whole if they serve alcohol and its the primary purpose of the business but when i took my handgun license class it was taught by 2 LEOs and they said the bar area of a restaurant is off limits. I OCed at the bww in Lawton last night its not posted and i didnt have any problems. The manger walked by me a couple times didnt say anything and also had 4 LEOs walk past me at my table and they didnt say a word.

LEO's are by no means authorities on either the spirit or letter of the law. It is unfortunate, but discussions concerning laws should be avoided at all costs. Most LEO's simply give you their opinion of the laws and, unfortunately, enforce them in the same manner. I have personally witnessed an encounter in which LEO's were harassing an OC'er and he refused to answer any of their questions or provide them with ID. He used the wash, rinse, repeat statements and eventually asked them to contact the county's prosecuting attorney (PA) as the encounter occurred during the day. When they contacted the PA, he informed them that the OC'er was within his rights not to provide them with ID because the only reason they stopped him was the OC'ed sidearm. This has been well established in case law by SCOTUS as well as the high (and even lower level) courts of many states. A firearm is not RAS or PC for a detention, investigation, or terry stop of any kind.

I'm not saying that any of this has anything to do with the OP. I am admittedly off topic here, but I just wanted to share the word of caution about discussing the law with LEO's. I am telling you this from personal experience having many LEO friends and working with them on a daily basis as well as socializing with them for about the past three years. I also served as a LEO for a year before joining the Army. In addition to the above mentioned scenario I would like to add that LEO's are even encouraged to tell outright lies if it helps them in making an arrest or building a case while investigating a crime. Again, it is unfortunate, but many LEO's willingly lie about OC and gun laws in general in an effort to control citizens. It is also unfortunate that there are no laws in place which require LEO's to be honest and forthcoming about the laws. The problem is that many of them are ignorant about most laws unrelated to traffic, so any kind of legislation requiring them to tell the truth would also require that they become better educated about the laws of their state which would cost PD's, SO's, and so forth more money to keep their LEO's current on any changes in the laws; so that will never come to fruition.

Basically, attorneys are the best source for accurate information concerning the law. One should always read the law for themselves and then consult an attorney for a second opinion if they don't understand something or if they feel there is a grey area. Just having read the law you will be far and above most LEO's as they simply do as they are told by their supervisors and get their interpretation of the law from what they are told by their superiors who may or may not have read the law for themselves either.

VW_Factor

Haven't stopped by here in a while.

Otherwise. Figured I would give my experience.

Recently stopped in the BWW in Salem Oregon. Its cold around here, so my coat covers, but its not exactly like I try hiding it. No sign on the door. Nothing said about my carry. Enjoyed dinner with some friends and a beer, and no one said a word.

Makes me think these are franchises?

MOTOCITYMX

ok BWW in Moore now has a gun buster sign up. This is my third time here this week. My fire arm is in the truck and CNN on a couple of the tvs say Close to thirty killed at school. All I can think about is the Video I posted this week. Well I will be carrying from now on