Thread: McDonald's @ Sheridan & Western

McDonald's @ Sheridan & Western

Noticed today on my daily visit - which is usually through the drive-thru, that they have now put up gun buster signs. Almost missed it with its white lettering and no color. Sadly I am disappointed, as I am a McDonald's person, ask anyone who knows me.

Quote Originally Posted by lmorganh View Post
    Noticed today on my daily visit - which is usually through the drive-thru, that they have now put up gun buster signs. Almost missed it with its white lettering and no color. Sadly I am disappointed, as I am a McDonald's person, ask anyone who knows me.
    Did you give any no gun=no money cards or any letter from okoca web site, i just went into the one by my house, south elm and between 101st and 111th, open carrying and had no problems not even bug eyes. I also walked to all three doors to make sure no signs were present.

Lol, sorry to break this to you but McDonald's sucks, IMHO. I get the s..ts just driving by that place. They use so much perservatives that year old food though hard has a rock will still look as freash as the day it was served. I won't eat there any more even if it was the last restaurant on earth.
    Stay safe and God bless.

Everyone will hate you because of me.
    But not a hair of your head will perish.
    Stand firm, and you will win life.
    (Luke 21:17-19 NIV)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.",
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms."Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    Did you give any no gun=no money cards or any letter from okoca web site, i just went into the one by my house, south elm and between 101st and 111th, open carrying and had no problems not even bug eyes. I also walked to all three doors to make sure no signs were present.
    McDonalds stores are franchises and absent any corporate policy, it is left to each manager/owner to make the decision for their stores.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

They just put up the sign this week. No signs prior, have walked in Open Carry before with no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
    Hey, I just went in that one last night! The manager asked me how it feels to be OC'ing, to which I replied "It feels great!" He was friendly and had no problem with it.

Nick

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    I called to speak to Robin, the store manager. She wasn't available. I stopped by later in the day and she had already left. I will return and try to visit with her.

Quote Originally Posted by nick1shot View Post
    Hey, I just went in that one last night! The manager asked me how it feels to be OC'ing, to which I replied "It feels great!" He was friendly and had no problem with it.

Nick
    I was starting to wonder if any one else was open carrying in broken arrow i have not seen anyone else open carry since the lunch in Owasso.

Dominoes in Granite

Dominoes fuel stop in Granite has gun buster signs. The manager said the police told them to put them to protect the girs that work at night. I tried to tell her that the bad guys aren't going to read the signs. She said all we have to do is call the police.

When seconds count police are only minutes away.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Dominoes fuel stop in Granite has gun buster signs. The manager said the police told them to put them to protect the girs that work at night. I tried to tell her that the bad guys aren't going to read the signs. She said all we have to do is call the police.

When seconds count police are only minutes away.
    It's the "if you see a gun, they must be a criminal" mentality. Same reason my current bank is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    It's the "if you see a gun, they must be a criminal" mentality. Same reason my current bank is posted.
    Why on Earth are police officers going around telling people that signs will "protect" them? I wonder how Sen Anthony Sykes and Rep Martin would feel about them undermining their law?

i live in muskogee and have yet to see another person oc, and honestly its awkard openly carry'ing when i dont see anyone else and the looks u get are as if your doing something wrong..and i'v noticed a lot of no gun sighns in places i frequent, and intend on letting them know i nor anyone else who oc will make purchases in a place that restricts my ability to defend myself and others if needed

I open carry everyday when I leave the house. I treat it like my keys, I need them to drive and lock the door just as I need my gun for my personal protection. I also wish peo would stop being so self concieous and start ocing. As far as looks goes I get those too but I just smile and go about my business. Most places I go here in Tulsa are gun friendly except the post office and my TTCU credit union wish really sucks but can't do nothing about it since I have my Jeep loan and bank there.

My personal opinion is carry everywhere and often, somebody has to let the community that its ok and legal and not a big deal except to the criminals.

can anyone here give me info on whether its ok to touch your gun while oc, i have a habit of resting the heal of my palm on the back of the slide and i am not familiar nor can i find anything stateing the laws about this, i could see how someone may take it wrong, from some angles it apears i am ready to pull my weapon, i have since stopped myself but it does happen and i dont realize it right away..

Quote Originally Posted by metz View Post
    can anyone here give me info on whether its ok to touch your gun while oc, i have a habit of resting the heal of my palm on the back of the slide and i am not familiar nor can i find anything stateing the laws about this, i could see how someone may take it wrong, from some angles it apears i am ready to pull my weapon, i have since stopped myself but it does happen and i dont realize it right away..
    There is no law specifically that says you shouldn't do it, however touching your firearm in any manner could be considered threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by metz View Post
    If you're OCing that's a tempting habit I know,

How about you get a cheap nylon uncle mike's gun belt for your piece and then you can rest your hands on the belt with thumbs poked behind, just like alot of police officers do.

kinda like this generic NYPD officer is doing

that will eliminate the desire to grab your pistol grip.
    Come senators, congressmen
    Please heed the call
    Don't stand in the doorway
    Don't block up the hall
    For he that gets hurt
    Will be he who has stalled
    There's a battle outside
    And it is ragin'
    It'll soon shake your windows
    And rattle your walls
    For the times they are a-changin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert318 View Post
    Lol, sorry to break this to you but McDonald's sucks, IMHO. I get the s..ts just driving by that place. They use so much perservatives that year old food though hard has a rock will still look as freash as the day it was served. I won't eat there any more even if it was the last restaurant on earth.
    I agree with all the preservatives. I took this pic Nov 2012 2 yrs after this burger and fries were bought. I seen it within a day or so of it being bought and set on display. I have seen it since. How disgusting is it? It has sat there, gotten knocked on the floor a couple times. But there it still sits, 2 yrs later.

Last edited by Motofixxer; 12-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I agree with all the preservatives. I took this pic Nov 2012 2 yrs after this burger and fries were bought. I seen it within a day or so of it being bought and set on display. I have seen it since. How disgusting is it? It has sat there, gotten knocked on the floor a couple times. But there it still sits, 2 yrs later.

Wouldn't that meat stink to high heaven after (a lot less than 2 years)?

Re: McDonald's @ Sheridan & Western

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomDoc View Post
    Wouldn't that meat stink to high heaven after (a lot less than 2 years)?
    Thin patty, lots of salt, low moisture. It's going to dry out long before rotting. And dry things don't rot. Simple physics, no conspiracy theories needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by lmorganh View Post
    Now you will have to become an Adult and find somewhere else to get your fast food fix.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Nope. they took the signs down after several of us complained. I open carry in there pretty regularly now.