• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonald's @ Sheridan & Western

lmorganh

Noticed today on my daily visit - which is usually through the drive-thru, that they have now put up gun buster signs. Almost missed it with its white lettering and no color. Sadly I am disappointed, as I am a McDonald's person, ask anyone who knows me. :(:mad:

Gary S

Noticed today on my daily visit - which is usually through the drive-thru, that they have now put up gun buster signs. Almost missed it with its white lettering and no color. Sadly I am disappointed, as I am a McDonald's person, ask anyone who knows me. :(:mad:

Did you give any no gun=no money cards or any letter from okoca web site, i just went into the one by my house, south elm and between 101st and 111th, open carrying and had no problems not even bug eyes. I also walked to all three doors to make sure no signs were present.

Robert318

Lol, sorry to break this to you but McDonald's sucks, IMHO. I get the s..ts just driving by that place. They use so much perservatives that year old food though hard has a rock will still look as freash as the day it was served. I won't eat there any more even if it was the last restaurant on earth.

hrdware

Did you give any no gun=no money cards or any letter from okoca web site, i just went into the one by my house, south elm and between 101st and 111th, open carrying and had no problems not even bug eyes. I also walked to all three doors to make sure no signs were present.

McDonalds stores are franchises and absent any corporate policy, it is left to each manager/owner to make the decision for their stores.

lmorganh

They just put up the sign this week. No signs prior, have walked in Open Carry before with no problems

nick1shot

Hey, I just went in that one last night! The manager asked me how it feels to be OC'ing, to which I replied "It feels great!" He was friendly and had no problem with it.

Nick

Gary S

Hey, I just went in that one last night! The manager asked me how it feels to be OC'ing, to which I replied "It feels great!" He was friendly and had no problem with it.

Nick

I was starting to wonder if any one else was open carrying in broken arrow i have not seen anyone else open carry since the lunch in Owasso.

1911er

Dominoes in Granite

Dominoes fuel stop in Granite has gun buster signs. The manager said the police told them to put them to protect the girs that work at night. I tried to tell her that the bad guys aren't going to read the signs. She said all we have to do is call the police.

When seconds count police are only minutes away.

hrdware

Dominoes fuel stop in Granite has gun buster signs. The manager said the police told them to put them to protect the girs that work at night. I tried to tell her that the bad guys aren't going to read the signs. She said all we have to do is call the police.

When seconds count police are only minutes away.

It's the "if you see a gun, they must be a criminal" mentality. Same reason my current bank is posted.

metz

i live in muskogee and have yet to see another person oc, and honestly its awkard openly carry'ing when i dont see anyone else and the looks u get are as if your doing something wrong..and i'v noticed a lot of no gun sighns in places i frequent, and intend on letting them know i nor anyone else who oc will make purchases in a place that restricts my ability to defend myself and others if needed

ArmyVet73

I open carry everyday when I leave the house. I treat it like my keys, I need them to drive and lock the door just as I need my gun for my personal protection. I also wish peo would stop being so self concieous and start ocing. As far as looks goes I get those too but I just smile and go about my business. Most places I go here in Tulsa are gun friendly except the post office and my TTCU credit union wish really sucks but can't do nothing about it since I have my Jeep loan and bank there.

My personal opinion is carry everywhere and often, somebody has to let the community that its ok and legal and not a big deal except to the criminals.

metz

can anyone here give me info on whether its ok to touch your gun while oc, i have a habit of resting the heal of my palm on the back of the slide and i am not familiar nor can i find anything stateing the laws about this, i could see how someone may take it wrong, from some angles it apears i am ready to pull my weapon, i have since stopped myself but it does happen and i dont realize it right away..

hrdware

can anyone here give me info on whether its ok to touch your gun while oc, i have a habit of resting the heal of my palm on the back of the slide and i am not familiar nor can i find anything stateing the laws about this, i could see how someone may take it wrong, from some angles it apears i am ready to pull my weapon, i have since stopped myself but it does happen and i dont realize it right away..

There is no law specifically that says you shouldn't do it, however touching your firearm in any manner could be considered threatening.

EMNofSeattle

If you're OCing that's a tempting habit I know,

How about you get a cheap nylon uncle mike's gun belt for your piece and then you can rest your hands on the belt with thumbs poked behind, just like alot of police officers do.

kinda like this generic NYPD officer is doing

that will eliminate the desire to grab your pistol grip.
images

Motofixxer

Lol, sorry to break this to you but McDonald's sucks, IMHO. I get the s..ts just driving by that place. They use so much perservatives that year old food though hard has a rock will still look as freash as the day it was served. I won't eat there any more even if it was the last restaurant on earth.

I agree with all the preservatives. I took this pic Nov 2012 2 yrs after this burger and fries were bought. I seen it within a day or so of it being bought and set on display. I have seen it since. How disgusting is it? It has sat there, gotten knocked on the floor a couple times. But there it still sits, 2 yrs later.

McdonaldsFood.jpg

Last edited:

FreedomDoc

I agree with all the preservatives. I took this pic Nov 2012 2 yrs after this burger and fries were bought. I seen it within a day or so of it being bought and set on display. I have seen it since. How disgusting is it? It has sat there, gotten knocked on the floor a couple times. But there it still sits, 2 yrs later.

McdonaldsFood.jpg

Wouldn't that meat stink to high heaven after (a lot less than 2 years)?

kcgunfan

Wouldn't that meat stink to high heaven after (a lot less than 2 years)?

Thin patty, lots of salt, low moisture. It's going to dry out long before rotting. And dry things don't rot. Simple physics, no conspiracy theories needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OldCurlyWolf

Now you will have to become an Adult and find somewhere else to get your fast food fix.