Thread: Do not support OC and/or CC businesses

Thumbs down Do not support OC and/or CC businesses

I think we should begin to gather a list of places we should, have had issues, or places that have signs stating no firearms, no concealed, etc etc. I strongly urge you all not to support businesses that do not support our 2nd amendment. I believe if this was a sticky and we gather a places where NOT to go to avoid drama with PD, security, management, etc. It will future increase not only ourselves but not waste our time.

I will start.

Southland Mall: Sougthgate, MI: Signs on many doors, but not all doors.

Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners already does.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_no_gun_signs.asp
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

I don't think indicating a person knows or has reason to know that specific venues are anti-carry on a public forum is a good idea. i.e. Forgiveness vs Permission.
    Last edited by SpringerXDacp; 11-21-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    I don't think indicating a person knows or has reason to know that specific venues are anti-carry on a public forum is a good idea. i.e. Forgiveness vs Permission.
    If the goal is to not spend money in a place that doesn't believe in our rights I think it is a good idea. I don't want forgiveness for going somewhere that guns aren't allowed, I just don't want to go there.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by jruck View Post
    I think we should begin to gather a list of places we should, have had issues, or places that have signs stating no firearms, no concealed, etc etc. I strongly urge you all not to support businesses that do not support our 2nd amendment. I believe if this was a sticky and we gather a places where NOT to go to avoid drama with PD, security, management, etc. It will future increase not only ourselves but not waste our time.

I will start.

Southland Mall: Sougthgate, TAYLOR MI: Signs on many doors, but not all doors.
    Fixed for you - common mistake about two "d" bag downriver cities.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 11-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Fixed for you - common mistake about two "d" bag downriver cities.
    If you go to Southland Mall you won't find the signs at entrances to major retailers. Also the mall door signs are off to the side where nobody sees them.

There is a website

This website "friendorfoe.us" contains reviews by people about how their business was respected when they were armed.

I've even added some locations in WA state. It appears there are already reviews in Michigan.

http://friendorfoe.us/
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    This website "friendorfoe.us" contains reviews by people about how their business was respected when they were armed.

I've even added some locations in WA state. It appears there are already reviews in Michigan.

http://friendorfoe.us/
    I Can't find a single review/rating within 200 miles of Detroit...haha. That sucks. It looks like a very good system, we should all start using it.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    I Can't find a single review/rating within 200 miles of Detroit...haha. That sucks. It looks like a very good system, we should all start using it.
    I'm looking at reviews for detroit right now, you have to click on the "map" tab on front of the home page, conduct a search, then it will take you back to home page, click the map tab again and it will bring you to the map overlay of the town.

for instance these reviews I found in the Detroit/Dearborn area

"Al Petri & Sons Bicycle Center
    2160 Fort Street, Lincoln Park, MI, United States (supports OC)"

"Pep Boys
    24600 Gratiot Avenue, Eastpointe, MI, United States (Neutral)"

"ohn Lum Chop Suey
    23634 Van Born Road, Dearborn Heights, MI, United States (Neutral)"

try playing with the zoom too, the map software isn't perfect.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    Very cool; will start on West MI tonight!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I plagerized some of the 5x7 cards that are out there online that say "No Guns = No Cash". Handgun on front with red circle and slash through it, equal sign, huge green dollar sign with similar red circle and slash. On back it gives the requirements for cpl and asks "Don't You Wish You Could Say The Same About All Your Customers?" Then concludes with "I had intended to _________________________________ at your establishment today, but I shall take my business where they believe and respect the Constitution.

In the blank I let them know how much trade (money) they lost because I walked out. Staples made me a hundred in three color for $60 and I carry them in every vehicle.

Truth be told, when I see a no firearms sign I drop a card and lie like a rug about how much I intended to spend there. If it's an employee I encounter I politely ask that he leave the card in the till. Perhaps when merchants can put a dollar sign on their policy it will change, ala Walmart.