• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do not support OC and/or CC businesses

jruck

I think we should begin to gather a list of places we should, have had issues, or places that have signs stating no firearms, no concealed, etc etc. I strongly urge you all not to support businesses that do not support our 2nd amendment. I believe if this was a sticky and we gather a places where NOT to go to avoid drama with PD, security, management, etc. It will future increase not only ourselves but not waste our time.

I will start.

Southland Mall: Sougthgate, MI: Signs on many doors, but not all doors.

SpringerXDacp

I don't think indicating a person knows or has reason to know that specific venues are anti-carry on a public forum is a good idea. i.e. Forgiveness vs Permission.

Last edited:

Raggs

I don't think indicating a person knows or has reason to know that specific venues are anti-carry on a public forum is a good idea. i.e. Forgiveness vs Permission.

If the goal is to not spend money in a place that doesn't believe in our rights I think it is a good idea. I don't want forgiveness for going somewhere that guns aren't allowed, I just don't want to go there.

FreeInAZ

I think we should begin to gather a list of places we should, have had issues, or places that have signs stating no firearms, no concealed, etc etc. I strongly urge you all not to support businesses that do not support our 2nd amendment. I believe if this was a sticky and we gather a places where NOT to go to avoid drama with PD, security, management, etc. It will future increase not only ourselves but not waste our time.

I will start.

Southland Mall: [strike]Sougthgate[/strike], TAYLOR MI: Signs on many doors, but not all doors.

Fixed for you - common mistake about two "d" bag downriver cities. ;)

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

This website "friendorfoe.us" contains reviews by people about how their business was respected when they were armed.

I've even added some locations in WA state. It appears there are already reviews in Michigan.

http://friendorfoe.us/

I Can't find a single review/rating within 200 miles of Detroit...haha. That sucks. It looks like a very good system, we should all start using it.

EMNofSeattle

I Can't find a single review/rating within 200 miles of Detroit...haha. That sucks. It looks like a very good system, we should all start using it.

I'm looking at reviews for detroit right now, you have to click on the "map" tab on front of the home page, conduct a search, then it will take you back to home page, click the map tab again and it will bring you to the map overlay of the town.

for instance these reviews I found in the Detroit/Dearborn area

"Al Petri & Sons Bicycle Center
2160 Fort Street, Lincoln Park, MI, United States (supports OC)"

"Pep Boys
24600 Gratiot Avenue, Eastpointe, MI, United States (Neutral)"

"ohn Lum Chop Suey
23634 Van Born Road, Dearborn Heights, MI, United States (Neutral)"

try playing with the zoom too, the map software isn't perfect.

tenletters

I plagerized some of the 5x7 cards that are out there online that say "No Guns = No Cash". Handgun on front with red circle and slash through it, equal sign, huge green dollar sign with similar red circle and slash. On back it gives the requirements for cpl and asks "Don't You Wish You Could Say The Same About All Your Customers?" Then concludes with "I had intended to _________________________________ at your establishment today, but I shall take my business where they believe and respect the Constitution.

In the blank I let them know how much trade (money) they lost because I walked out. Staples made me a hundred in three color for $60 and I carry them in every vehicle.

Truth be told, when I see a no firearms sign I drop a card and lie like a rug about how much I intended to spend there. If it's an employee I encounter I politely ask that he leave the card in the till. Perhaps when merchants can put a dollar sign on their policy it will change, ala Walmart.