I don't live in North Carolina but I will try and help get you started. This is the applicable law detailing the Sheriff's authority to revoke your permit.
ß14‑415.18. Revocation or suspension of permit.
(a) The sheriff of the county where the permit was issued or the sheriff of the county where theperson resides may revoke a permit subsequent to a hearing for any of thefollowing reasons:
(1) Fraud or intentionalor material misrepresentation in the obtaining of a permit.
(2) Misuse of a permit,including lending or giving a permit to another person, duplicating a permit,or using a permit with the intent to unlawfully cause harm to a person orproperty.
(3) The doing of an actor existence of a condition which would have been grounds for the denial of thepermit by the sheriff.
(4) The violation of anyof the terms of this Article.
(5) The applicant isadjudicated guilty of or receives a prayer for judgment continued for a crimewhich would have disqualified the applicant from initially receiving a permit.
A permittee may appeal therevocation, or nonrenewal of a permit by petitioning a district court judge ofthe district in which the applicant resides. The determination by the court, onappeal, shall be upon the facts, the law, and the reasonableness of thesheriff's refusal.
(b) The court maysuspend a permit as part of and for the duration of any orders permitted underChapter 50B of the General Statutes. (1995, c. 398, s. 1.)
Based on your profile, my guess is that you live in Johnston County. Below is the contact information for the Clerk of the Court for District 11. I looked high and low for the appropriate form for you to fill out so you could file an appeal of your revocation. My recommendation is that you call and ask the clerk how you start the process. They should be more than willing to help.
Clerk of Superior Court(919) 209-5400