Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally day at the capitol 4/18/13

Rally day at the capitol 4/18/13

This event (I've been told) has gone on for over 20 years!
    Gained more people with the push for the CCW law in Missouri and last year the attendance was less than optimal.
    WE NEED A TURN OUT!

I am happy to announce we have a date for "Rally Day" at the capitol in Jefferson City. THE PERMIT IS CONFIRMED!
    The date is April 18th 2013
    Time 10:00AM till 1:00PM
    Location - Capitol 1st Floor Rotunda
    Plan now to attend and show our legislators we support our 2nd amendment rights.
    Take the time to meet and speak with your elected officials.

We need "many" people to attend, numbers count!
    If you won't who will? Take the day!

Many of us gathered for lunch after the rally: http://www.riasjc.com/

I had 12 people sign on from the Facebook post within an hour. Be there!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-08-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Put date in title
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

For Me To Know and You To Not Find Out, United States
    Wanting to go. What the facebook page?

Quote Originally Posted by justin0629 View Post
    Wanting to go. What the facebook page?
    Here is the Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/428117733908200/

There is also a Facebook page for the MSSA:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/137309992985761/
    Last edited by mspgunner; 11-22-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: More stuff
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Moderator / Administrator
    can you carry inside legislative buildings where members have offices and committees meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    can you carry inside legislative buildings where members have offices and committees meet?
    In Missouri the Capitol is off limits to firearms except LEOs, legislators and their emplyees. It is all in the State Capitol. Here you will find most if not all State owned building for other purposes posted "NO firearms" allowed.

Im not on facebook, but i would definately go. Im all for protecting our rights!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycamoguy View Post
    Im not on facebook, but i would definately go. Im all for protecting our rights!
    Please do and tell friends! The event is made up of people of all walks of life but all are interested in protecting or 2A rights.

Anyone that i could ride with from Columbia to Jeff. with? Would give 10 bucks for gas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bp231986 View Post
    Anyone that i could ride with from Columbia to Jeff. with? Would give 10 bucks for gas.

Thanks
    Disregard as i have found others to go with. We will be there!!

Disregard as i have found others to go with. We will be there!!
    There are 29 on Facebook who say they'll go. I hope all will do so. I'm working on an OC flag and cards to be put on a display table in the back of the room.
    That'a a good meeting place for the OCers to meet each other, easy to duck out of the room to chat also.

I hope many will go to the lunch after as well.... Ria's is a good place and we'll have a back room.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    There are 29 on Facebook who say they'll go. I hope all will do so. I'm working on an OC flag and cards to be put on a display table in the back of the room.
    That'a a good meeting place for the OCers to meet each other, easy to duck out of the room to chat also.

I hope many will go to the lunch after as well.... Ria's is a good place and we'll have a back room.
    29 is a good number and lets hope far more show up. im coming with atleast one more but maybe 2 more for a total of three. The OC flag and cards are an outstanding idea mspgunner!!!! i will need aditional directions as ive never been there.

29 is a good number and lets hope far more show up. im coming with atleast one more but maybe 2 more for a total of three. The OC flag and cards are an outstanding idea mspgunner!!!! i will need aditional directions as ive never been there.
    Dirwctions to the capitol or lunch?
    The capitol is easy enough to find, I or my local Jefferson City expert on local dining will post the directions from the capitol to Ria's. Not hard to get too.

Here is the web page for Ria's: http://www.riasjc.com/

http://www.riasjc.com/images/map.jpg
    Last edited by mspgunner; 11-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Dirwctions to the capitol or lunch?
    The capitol is easy enough to find, I or my local Jefferson City expert on local dining will post the directions from the capitol to Ria's. Not hard to get too.

Here is the web page for Ria's: http://www.riasjc.com/

http://www.riasjc.com/images/map.jpg
    Directions to Riaís from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
    From the Capitol take a right on Hwy 50. Go about 2 miles till you get to the 179 exit. Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Canít miss it!

I have a bid back on the OC Flag - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
    Found a good deal on an OC banner! Ordered on line!
    OC pocket cards on order too!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 11-26-2012 at 11:11 AM.

I will be asking off on the 18th. Unfortunately, April has historically been an incredibly busy month for me. Nothing on the calendar as yet though, so I should be able to be there!

It's on my calendar.....Hope to be there.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    It's on my calendar.....Hope to be there.
    You just have to introduce yourself. I'l lhave a tab;e with an OC banner and cards to hand out. Hope you can make the OC lunch after also!

You just have to introduce yourself. I'l lhave a tab;e with an OC banner and cards to hand out. Hope you can make the OC lunch after also!
    The "Banner" has been shipped, I'll post a pic when I get it. Hope it comes out right.

I posted that I would be going. I hope it is ok it asked to invite people so I just started clicking on my facebook and invited everyone on it to try and get more support in going. I have been out of state for a few years in Florida the wife works for the DOD on post here at Ft. LeonardWood and it is nice to be back in a state that allows OC as Florida does not. I am trying to get brushed back up on areas and new info for OC so that I do not screw up so if you have info on any group or OC club in my area please let me know thanks. and I will be the really good lookin fella yuo all meet in Jeff City on the 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Fats71 View Post
    I posted that I would be going. I hope it is ok it asked to invite people so I just started clicking on my facebook and invited everyone on it to try and get more support in going. I have been out of state for a few years in Florida the wife works for the DOD on post here at Ft. LeonardWood and it is nice to be back in a state that allows OC as Florida does not. I am trying to get brushed back up on areas and new info for OC so that I do not screw up so if you have info on any group or OC club in my area please let me know thanks. and I will be the really good lookin fella yuo all meet in Jeff City on the 18th
    Spread the word, far and wide!
    The "OC" cards came yesturday, the "Banner" should be here today!

The Banner has arrived

It is vinyl and has places in each corner so it can be displayed.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 12-05-2012 at 02:31 PM.

"I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

With the help of social media, this could be the largest Rally Day in a long time............. Be there!

Rally Day

Mark your calender, April 18th, 1st floor rotunda, Missouri State Capitol @ 10:00AM. Last year we didn't have the hundred plus or many hundreds of years past. You want 2A rights? This is one way to help the cause.
    We'll have this banner at the back of the room:
    We will have a few hundred OC cards on the table, help yourself to a few dozen.
    Directions to the OC lunch to follow the rally, we'll have a room in Ria's in Jefferson City, short drive, 2A/OC friendly, nice place, very affordable.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 12-27-2012 at 09:25 AM.

There are alot of new folks to the OC discussion site. I strongly urge evetryone who can to attend "Rally Day" at the Capitol April 18th. Meet the many people who support 2A rights, join us for lunch after the Rally at a 2A friendly place ina 2A/OC friendly town, our State Capitol, Ria's, directions will be avaiable at the Rally.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast