• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally day at the capitol 4/18/13

mspgunner

This event (I've been told) has gone on for over 20 years!
Gained more people with the push for the CCW law in Missouri and last year the attendance was less than optimal.
WE NEED A TURN OUT!

I am happy to announce we have a date for "Rally Day" at the capitol in Jefferson City. THE PERMIT IS CONFIRMED!
The date is April 18th 2013
Time 10:00AM till 1:00PM
Location - Capitol 1st Floor Rotunda
Plan now to attend and show our legislators we support our 2nd amendment rights.
Take the time to meet and speak with your elected officials.

We need "many" people to attend, numbers count!
If you won't who will? Take the day!

Many of us gathered for lunch after the rally: http://www.riasjc.com/

I had 12 people sign on from the Facebook post within an hour. Be there!

Last edited by a moderator:

mspgunner

can you carry inside legislative buildings where members have offices and committees meet?

In Missouri the Capitol is off limits to firearms except LEOs, legislators and their emplyees. It is all in the State Capitol. Here you will find most if not all State owned building for other purposes posted "NO firearms" allowed.

mspgunner

Disregard as i have found others to go with. We will be there!!

There are 29 on Facebook who say they'll go. I hope all will do so. I'm working on an OC flag and cards to be put on a display table in the back of the room.
That'a a good meeting place for the OCers to meet each other, easy to duck out of the room to chat also.

I hope many will go to the lunch after as well.... Ria's is a good place and we'll have a back room.

bp231986

There are 29 on Facebook who say they'll go. I hope all will do so. I'm working on an OC flag and cards to be put on a display table in the back of the room.
That'a a good meeting place for the OCers to meet each other, easy to duck out of the room to chat also.

I hope many will go to the lunch after as well.... Ria's is a good place and we'll have a back room.

29 is a good number and lets hope far more show up. im coming with atleast one more but maybe 2 more for a total of three. The OC flag and cards are an outstanding idea mspgunner!!!! i will need aditional directions as ive never been there.

mspgunner

29 is a good number and lets hope far more show up. im coming with atleast one more but maybe 2 more for a total of three. The OC flag and cards are an outstanding idea mspgunner!!!! i will need aditional directions as ive never been there.

Dirwctions to the capitol or lunch?
The capitol is easy enough to find, I or my local Jefferson City expert on local dining will post the directions from the capitol to Ria's. Not hard to get too.

Here is the web page for Ria's: http://www.riasjc.com/

http://www.riasjc.com/images/map.jpg

Last edited:

mspgunner

Dirwctions to the capitol or lunch?
The capitol is easy enough to find, I or my local Jefferson City expert on local dining will post the directions from the capitol to Ria's. Not hard to get too.

Here is the web page for Ria's: http://www.riasjc.com/

http://www.riasjc.com/images/map.jpg

Directions to Ria’s from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
From the Capitol take a right on Hwy 50. Go about 2 miles till you get to the 179 exit. Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Can’t miss it!

mspgunner

I have a bid back on the OC Flag - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Found a good deal on an OC banner! Ordered on line!
OC pocket cards on order too!

Last edited:

Oramac

I will be asking off on the 18th. Unfortunately, April has historically been an incredibly busy month for me. Nothing on the calendar as yet though, so I should be able to be there!

Fats71

I posted that I would be going. I hope it is ok it asked to invite people so I just started clicking on my facebook and invited everyone on it to try and get more support in going. I have been out of state for a few years in Florida the wife works for the DOD on post here at Ft. LeonardWood and it is nice to be back in a state that allows OC as Florida does not. I am trying to get brushed back up on areas and new info for OC so that I do not screw up so if you have info on any group or OC club in my area please let me know thanks. and I will be the really good lookin fella yuo all meet in Jeff City on the 18th

mspgunner

I posted that I would be going. I hope it is ok it asked to invite people so I just started clicking on my facebook and invited everyone on it to try and get more support in going. I have been out of state for a few years in Florida the wife works for the DOD on post here at Ft. LeonardWood and it is nice to be back in a state that allows OC as Florida does not. I am trying to get brushed back up on areas and new info for OC so that I do not screw up so if you have info on any group or OC club in my area please let me know thanks. and I will be the really good lookin fella yuo all meet in Jeff City on the 18th

Spread the word, far and wide!
The "OC" cards came yesturday, the "Banner" should be here today!