• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally day at the capitol 4/18/13

Redbaron007

Politics and Media are always a touchy subject. Seems like there is always a balance that is like a teeter-totter, and if you don't play it right you get smacked in the nuts.

Hopefully this year will be a better year, and I would be upset if someone ruined years of work.

You are 100% correct....politics and a mixture of the media is always a teeter-totter.....however, the media has become more predictable.....they will usually take the liberal, extreme, dramatic reporting when it comes to guns and/or anything fairly conservative.

mspgunner

Help needed!

People have come forward and asked to help with the Rally Day April 18th. Here is something easy and very helpful: A table will be set up for volunteers to bring a lap top or use their interactive phones to assist people at the rally to identify who thier legislators are so they can visit them after the Rally. Please volunteer to help with this if you are able. The Rally is at 10:00, set up time is 9:00 if you can help with this.

mspgunner

Important information

I have had hundreds of emails about “Rally Day”, that’s Ok I rather people ask questions then to have issues. Please note this is a non-partisan event where our elected official will be present and will speak. You are encouraged to dress appropriately. Certainly any “military style attire” is NOT recommended or appreciated. Many people may be attending their first ever “Rally” at the capitol. I have the permit in hand and there is a “Code of state Regulations 35-1.050” that is listed below. Should any of these be violated the event may be cancelled immediately and we will be asked to leave. Your cooperation is very much appreciated. Feel free to share these State regulations by email or social media contacts. I would not be surprised to see as many as 1,000 people show for this event, and that is good. But we are subject to State Regulations. After the rally participants are encouraged to speak with their elected officials. The office numbers for House and Senate members are available at the information desk at the entrance to the rotunda. There will be a table in rear of the rotunda where a group of volunteers will be stationed to help you to find out who your elected officials are. This information can be found now at this website: http://www.house.mo.gov/ Enjoy “Rally Day”, encourage other to attend what may be a historic event for our second amendment rights.
MSPGUNNER - Coordinator

Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
Private social events, such as weddings
Alcoholic beverages
The service of any food and/or beverages
The sale of any goods or service
The solicitation of contributions, gifts or donations
A sound level, noise, or any other activity that disrupts the business of Government in the Capitol (musical performances limited to the hours of 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Mon- Fri.)
The use of balloons in the rotunda
Guns or weapons of any kind
Lighted candles or other device which produce flames prohibited indoors
Signs, banners and like material shall not be fastened to the walls, surfaces or railing surrounding the rotunda
Wood, metal or plastic poles or standards shall not be used to support signs or banners and shall not be brought onto the Capitol grounds
Staking items such as tents and signs into the ground
Parking or driving vehicles of any type on the Capitol Grounds sidewalks or plaza area
Recurring weekly events may not be scheduled more than three (3) months in advance, regardless of the event.

bmatrow

You want a lot of people to attend, why not advertise the date in local papers and classified ads? Would likely increase the turnout.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Promote!

You want a lot of people to attend, why not advertise the date in local papers and classified ads? Would likely increase the turnout.

I have no budget, no funding, few volunteers....

What makes this rally work is thepeople who make a commitment to support it, mostly by just showing up.. .And that is a good thing. The poster for the event is very public and you may feel free to copy it and send it to your local paper. There are media outlets in the State who do give the event some promotion, free.

The rally of Jan. 19th with 10 days of planning and promotion through social media drew close to 1,000 people to Jefferson City. The event of April 18th is ona weekday, that's when the legislators are there. I used to take vacation days from work to attend this rally. I believe we will attract 800-1,000 people. This is more than a rally, it is a calling by the people for their constitution rights and perhaps for the very survival of our country. These events are bringing tens of thousands , perhaps hundreds of thousands of people nation wide who have never made a stand for anything to their feet and to their capitols.

Call your local papers, see if they will run announcement free, can't hurt.

mspgunner

All raedy to Rally!

All of the final arrangements, program and speakers are taken care of for Rally Day 2013.
This will be the largest and most important Rally Day in along time. I hope everyone on the forum will make an effort to be in Jefferson City april 18th @ 10:00.
Once again many of us will meet at Ria's after the event, scroll up if you are new to the forum.

They are expecting us and have space set aside.

kylemoul

All of the final arrangements, program and speakers are taken care of for Rally Day 2013.
This will be the largest and most important Rally Day in along time. I hope everyone on the forum will make an effort to be in Jefferson City april 18th @ 10:00.
Once again many of us will meet at Ria's after the event, scroll up if you are new to the forum.

They are expecting us and have space set aside.

i will be asking off work not sure if i will get approved. is this in the capitol building or else where?

mspgunner

Hope to be there, I will bring another person. Would like join the group for lunch after the Rally.

Here are directions:
Directions to Ria’s from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
From the Capitol take a right on U.S. Hwy 50. Go about 2.9 miles till you get to the 179 exit. (Towards Jamestown) Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Can’t miss it!
The address is 3550 West Edgewood, Jefferson City, MO. 65109

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This sucks!! I thought I had the Memphis schedule worked out where I could do this next week and I get to the hotel last night only to find out I have to go to Des Moines all next week!

I am going to miss the rally.

mspgunner

This sucks!! I thought I had the Memphis schedule worked out where I could do this next week and I get to the hotel last night only to find out I have to go to Des Moines all next week!

Mega bummer! Can't change the date though...

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Sorry.....:(

With recent events, it has the potential to be an interesting event.

We'll send you some pics and the bills. ;)

mspgunner

This is Rally week!

As we get ready for Rally Day there have been a few questions and a lot of communications.
I guess I'm the chief cook and bottle washer for the Rally Day......
These are the directions where many of us are going after the Rally Day and after people speak with their legislators:

This is posted on other forums but not as an OC event, so don't be surprised if there are some wide eyes as other show up!!! Thi sshould be interesting, yes it will.

Directions to Ria’s from the Capitol in Jefferson City:
From the Capitol take a right on U.S. Hwy 50. Go about 2.9 miles till you get to the 179 exit. (Towards Jamestown) Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stop light at Edgewood (about a mile or less), then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile (actually I recall it was a bit further) and it is on the right. Can’t miss it!
The address is 3550 West Edgewood, Jefferson City, MO. 65109

Also, these are the rules and regs for the permit in the rotunda that go along with getting the permit:
Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
Alcoholic beverages
The service of any food and/or beverages
The sale of any goods or service
The solicitation of contributions, gifts or donations
A sound level, noise, or any other activity that disrupts the business of Government in the Capitol (musical performances limited to the hours of 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Mon- Fri.)
The use of balloons in the rotunda
Guns or weapons of any kind
Lighted candles or other device which produce flames prohibited indoors
Signs, banners and like material shall not be fastened to the walls, surfaces or railing surrounding the rotunda
Wood, metal or plastic poles or standards shall not be used to support signs or banners and shall not be brought onto the Capitol grounds
Staking items such as tents and signs into the ground
Parking or driving vehicles of any type on the Capitol Grounds sidewalks or plaza area
Recurring weekly events may not be scheduled more than three (3) months in advance, regardless of the event.

We are expectiong several hundred people in this very important year. We have a short program, a great emcee and we'll fill the time when legislators are not speaking. It is going to me a historic Rally Day!

If you have specific questions, PM to me and I'll address address them up until the evening before Thursday. The rally does start at 10:00 is anticipated to run till 12:00 but the senate is in session doing 3rd readings of bills and rapid votes. If the senate wraps it up at noon we'll stay till 12:45 with rally to give the senators a chance to get there, if they run beyond 12:00 in session we'll end the rally for folks to talk to their Representatives and Senators when they get out.

Redbaron007

Great turnout for the rally yesterday.

It was good speaking to a family from West Plains; husband, wife and two of their kids, they came up for the rally, then out to eat. They saw it on Facebook. Also, good to see HB436 get passed on the same day as the rally.

Cudos to mspgunner, plus anyone else who had a hand in it, for all the hard work on planning/organizing.

My house rep called me on the way back home, after dropping a card off at his office, thanking me for coming and taking a moment to stop by his office.

Oramac

Great turnout for the rally yesterday.

It was good speaking to a family from West Plains; husband, wife and two of their kids, they came up for the rally, then out to eat. They saw it on Facebook. Also, good to see HB436 get passed on the same day as the rally.

Cudos to mspgunner, plus anyone else who had a hand in it, for all the hard work on planning/organizing.

My house rep called me on the way back home, after dropping a card off at his office, thanking me for coming and taking a moment to stop by his office.

+1! Very good day at the capital. I got a few pictures and a video too. Totally forgot to upload them though. I'll post em tonight hopefully.