• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revenge of the Turkeys, Happy Thanksgiving!

EMNofSeattle

CBS Boston said:
“Then, the turkeys came and started attacking my front door,” she said.
A second run-in came a few weeks ago as she walked nearby.“I looked back and three of them charged me,” she explained.She moved to the center of the street to avoid the animals, but it wasn’t enough.“The turkey flew in my face and scratched my neck,” she said.

Apparantly this normal American town has been victimized by a plague of Dangerous Gobblers with no impulse control Now I first though "free thanksgiving dinner" but unfortunately in Massachuesitts the turkey season is over and firing a gun in frowned upon in the city limits.

See, when the law abiding citizens are disarmed they'll only become victims, I doubt these turkeys would pick on a lawful open carrier! If OC is legalized in MA then the Turkeys will have to move on to find easier victims! :lol:

have a blessed thanksgiving everyone! Be safe and enjoy your holiday!
-EMN

EMNofSeattle

But it's a good law according to your theories.....:p

which law? good law? Good law to me implies a law that's a "good idea" or is "beneficial" this is purely subjective depending upon the mind of the person involved.

a constitutional law, is more objective.

As far as discharging guns inside a city, that ordinance is a good idea in terms of issues like many people close together with a high likelyhood of hitting someone else or damaging other people's property.

However I'm not aware of any ordinance which is legal or "constitutional" if it also is used to restrict self-defense. I believe in WA that you can use deadly force to defend yourself against a violent animal. That's what surprises me is that the article implies they can't use firearms to defend themselves if one of these turkeys is engaged in attacking them....

BTW if you want to defend yourself in MA there is a way to do it, buy a pistol made before 1899 and you're golden! those guns are exempt from carry laws!