• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BidGunner.com? 0.o

MikeTheGreek

I was on Buds, and I saw their add for BidGunner.com

On the website it shows guns like this Ruger 22/45 Mark III 22LR 5.5 that just sold for $3.00

Apparently it works by multiple people are paying to bid. if the winning bid is $10 and the bid started at $.01 and went up in penny increments, then that was 1000 bids, and each bid cost $.65 (bought in bulk), then the bidders spent $650 bidding on it, plus the $10 for the winning bid. The seller gets $660 for that Glock.

The website only has about 5 bids going a week, so you figure each firearm they sell gets between 1-3000 bids, the website makes a sweet commission, the seller gets what he wants for the gun, and the person who buys it gets an amazing deal.

It's quite a genius system actually, I'm thinking about giving it a go and seeing if I can score anything cheap.

Last edited:

Jack House

This has been done before and those sites have all died.

It's okay now, but people eventually traffic starts to slow down a lot, which leads to loss, which leads to shutting down. Good luck if you try it, just remember that you will have to bid many times, which will increase the overall cost of your purchase once you do win, if you do win.

MikeTheGreek

This has been done before and those sites have all died.

It's okay now, but people eventually traffic starts to slow down a lot, which leads to loss, which leads to shutting down. Good luck if you try it, just remember that you will have to bid many times, which will increase the overall cost of your purchase once you do win, if you do win.

I just watched someone bid over 600 times (at 50 cents a bid) and lose the bid to someone else.

That's $300 he just wasted trying to get a $400 shotgun.

I no longer want to even try this lol, I sat there for about an hour watching this guy throw his money away trying to score a gun. & The guy who won it? Spent 7$ bidding, and got the shotgun for $32.

No thank you.

Jack House

Exactly, you have to be smart, know the tactics and get lucky. It's like poker or something and it is definitely gambling.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I just watched someone bid over 600 times (at 50 cents a bid) and lose the bid to someone else.

That's $300 he just wasted trying to get a $400 shotgun.

I no longer want to even try this lol, I sat there for about an hour watching this guy throw his money away trying to score a gun. & The guy who won it? Spent 7$ bidding, and got the shotgun for $32.

No thank you.

That would kill my interest pretty quick.