• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC while shopping - Black Friday experiences

Lord Sega

I wanted to start this thread for those brave souls who plan to endure the madness of shopping on Black Friday.

Last year I drove up to Longview, WA and had no problems or comments at Target or at Walmart.
I do have an Oregon CHL, but not a Washington CPL. I do normally OC as much as possible by personal preference.

I am planning on going again to the Longview Walmart this Thursday evening for the Pre-Black Friday sales, I will update here afterwards.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Don't go stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things.

Seems appropriate for Black Friday.

God did not invent the internet with free shipping for nothing. Shopping in your jammies and floppy bunny slippers while sipping on a mug of coffee is what man was intended to do.

stay safe.

Lord Sega

You're right Skid...

... but armed shopping on Cyber Monday in jams & slippers at home won't collect many posts.

I truly am hoping for many accounts of nothing happening, or better yet, positive encounters.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and if you do go shopping on Black Friday, be friendly, be safe, and be ninja to get that 70% off item before they run out. :D

Jack House

It's stupid not to arm yourself if you go shopping on Black Friday. Last year at my local Wal-Mart there were several fights, people climbing into dump bins, knocking people to the ground and stepping on them and one especially crazy guy that threw a large bag of sugar at one of our managers and then pulled a knife on her. That was just one store on one day over the course of a couple hours.

****'s dangerous, I don't care what anyone says. (I was going to link to an article I had read in the past talking about research that shows Black Friday really isn't as dangerous as people say, but all I can find are articles saying it's the most dangerous thing ever since Cthulhu because REASONS!) :lol:

Last edited:

F350

With the unions and "Move On" looking to disrupt Walmart I just may take a drive past to see if any are here, if so I'll just have to make an OC shopping run, I need oil and anti-freeze for the truck.

DocWalker

I try to avoid these type crowds but had to go to wallmart (last year) when people were lined-up around 6pm (6 hour before the sale). I had one guy ask me if I was cutting in line as I went down one row and as I turned he seen my weapon and sat back down in line...funny didn't have to say anything. I got what I needed and got out of there.

Two years ago I stopped by Best Buy after work to pick up something for the wife, I was in dress pants, shirt and tie. I was waiting for help from and associate and it was plenty busy. I was standing there and someone came out saying someone was having difficulty breathing in the bathroom. I told an associate to call 911 and went to check on the person. I got her out of the stall and into the hallway (for some room), I started to do an assesment when she quit breathing. I took my coat off and started CPR, everyone could see my Tauras 24/7 40cal in black leather holster as I treated the lady. When the FD arrived they asked if I was an officer...I laughed and said no I was a paramedic and continued to treat the lady with their assistance until the ambulance paramedics arrived. One of the paramedics is a close friend of mine and laughed that I could finish treating the patient. I told him to get to work I had to finish shopping. The lady made it and came back at the hospital. I said I would do my shopping on line from now on......lol

I guess nobody offered to help me do CPR (6 minutes) until the FD arrived since I was armed...lol If you never had to do CPR for real 6 minutes is a LOOOOONG time.

mpguy

God did not invent the internet with free shipping for nothing. Shopping in your jammies and floppy bunny slippers while sipping on a mug of coffee is what man was intended to do.

stay safe.

Lmao

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I went black friday shopping with my GF lastnight/this morning. We started around 8pm and finished around 7am. I was OC the entire time and had zero comments about it. We went to Wal Mart, K mart, Target, Mcdonalds, the outlet mall, and Cabelas. I did not witness any pushing, shoving, or any other kind of assault. Just really, really long lines and very small spaces to walk through.

WalkingWolf

stay safe.

Darn it Skid, I wanted to say that! Be careful you may upset the atheists, that busy buying for Christmas... :banana:

Last edited:

Lord Sega

Well after checking the Walmart ad (47 pages) online, and the dark nasty weather, I decided that there was nothing I really needed at the Thursday night Pre-Black Friday sale, so stayed home. But, I did pick up my girls (15 & 10) and went up to the Longview, Washington Walmart around 2pm Friday.

I OC, but not having a Washington CWP it sux not being able to cover from the car to the store to keep the rain off my Beretta 92FS.
Also, went to Target. At both stores, it was a normal shopping experience. There was no chaos, it was not packed, there were no problems.

A few surprised looks from other customers, but no comments or issues. Love the pacific northwest, seems like we have less OC/CC problems than other states.

Hope everyone had a great turkey day. And for tomorrow's Civil War game... GO BEAVERS!

nobama

stay safe.

Well, I was OCing while shopping on the internet wearing my floppy bunny slippers and sipping a mug of coffee, no problems,not even a look. LOL LOL!! sorry couldnt resist.

()pen(arry

I had to OC a bag from the American Girl doll store through the mall for my mother-in-law. *I* almost got violent...

EDIT: Specifically, I loathe large numbers of people period, but malls on shopping days get my goat like little else. As for the American Girl bag, I didn't really care about that. I'm secure in my princesshood.

Last edited: