Thread: Who needs a gun near ODU

Who needs a gun near ODU

From the Thursday, 22 Nov Norfolk Virginian-Pilot:

STUDENT AT ODU REPORTS SEXUAL ASSAULT NEAR CAMPUS NORFOLK | An Old Dominion University student was sexually assaulted in her off-campus residence early Wednesday by an unknown man wearing a mask, police said.

The assault happened at 4:30 a.m. in the 1500 block of W. 41st St. The woman told police she was home alone. She described the attacker as black, about 6 feet tall, 150 pounds and wearing a black mask. Police asked that anyone with information call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP(562-5887). The area, just off campus, has been a focus of police efforts since the June 10, 2011, shooting death of ODU student Christopher Cummings on West 42nd Street. The homicide remains unsolved. In the past month, the area around the 1500 block of W. 41st St. did not have any assaults but had larcenies, vandalisms and a breaking-and-entering in the 1300 block of W. 42nd St., according to a PilotOnline.com database of Norfolk crime statistics.

ODU is not in a great area. Try not to walk around there by yourself at night.

I tried to not walk around there by myself, but everybody else was scared so I ended up having to.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I just got this in my email.

"Norfolk Police are investigating a robbery, which was reported to have occurred off campus on Dec. 2, 2012 at approximately 1:35 a.m. on 42nd Street near Elkhorn Avenue.

Four non Old Dominion related individuals stated they were walking along 42nd Street when they were approached by a group of five males, one of which had a handgun. The suspects took personal property from the four and then fled on foot towards Hampton Blvd.

The suspect description is limited at this time to the following:

Suspect 1- approximately 5'7" last seen wearing a black hoodie, black pants and had a chinstrap style beard, black male, armed with a black handgun.

Additional suspects are only described as black males at this time.

Old Dominion Police have increased patrols in the area and are encouraging individuals to follow common safety practices.

Walk with a purpose and choose sidewalks that are well lit or heavily populated.
    Drink alcohol in moderation and remain aware of your surroundings.
    Avoid carrying large sums of cash and keep your valuables concealed.

Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to contact the Norfolk Police crime line at 757-562-5887 or Old Dominion University Police at 757-683-4000."
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

A wise man once said

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I tried to not walk around there by myself, but everybody else was scared so I ended up having to.

stay safe.
    "Where I live, I AM 911." Same applies to where I live.

I pity the fool that tests that.
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 12-03-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esanders2008 View Post
    Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to contact the Norfolk Police crime line at 757-562-5887 or Old Dominion University Police at 757-683-4000."
    Call them and ask who they arrested ... they are, after all, all powerful and knowing.

Who needs a gun near ODU

I don't believe any arrests have been made at this time. I would have gotten another email.
    ...To make my bullets go faster!