• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne County Sheriff Department OC?

MikeTheGreek

I tried calling them today...forgetting it was Thanksgiving...still on Canadian holiday time.

When I go down there on Tuesday to get my CPL processed, am I allowed to OC? I remember hearing something a long time ago about banning firearms in public buildings is illegal or something like that, and as long as I'm int he Public parts of their department I should be fine.

Does anyone have experience with OCing in the Sheriff Department?

I don't really mind getting harassed while I'm there, as long as I'm not doing anything illegal.

fozzy71

I will download it now and use it if I run into trouble. me...being kinda extremely shy I probably won't record anything unless I abaolutely need to. Hopefully they won't hassle me.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

I record every time I walk out the door. I would definitely record when I go in the local PD to drop off paperwork. By the time you think you should turn on the recorder it is likely already too late to record the important stuff.

B

Bikenut

I will download it now and use it if I run into trouble. me...being kinda extremely shy I probably won't record anything unless I abaolutely need to. Hopefully they won't hassle me.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
Just me but...

If I were to go there knowing the.. umm... attitude/atmosphere I'd likely encounter I'd walk in with at least one recording already running and a friend with at least one of his recorders running.....

Let me say it this way...

You carry a gun with bullets already in it to protect your life why wouldn't you carry a recorder already running to protect your freedom?

Bronson

You carry a gun with bullets already in it to protect your life why wouldn't you carry a recorder already running to protect your freedom?

Because he's an extremely shy mohawk wearing, tattoo covered guy, that carries a great big gun in full view on his hip.....makes perfect sense :p

Bronson

FreeInAZ

lol...I will be setting my phone on record as I walk in the door.

Mike - after the big hooptie doo in July of 2010 at the Henry Ruff post in Westland, they actually moved the County Clerk's window to other side of the office. Now it, the Clerk's / CPL desk is physically separated (at great expense I'm told) from the sheriff's desk/counter by a Wall & has it's own entrance. This was done to keep carriers away from the sheriff's. You still may be required to get prints in the sheriff's area. If this is the case you can carry in the lobby area, but they will make you disarm to go behind the counter where prints & photo's are taken.:rolleyes:

They seem to be terrified of open carriers at the Wayne Co. sheriff's :rolleyes: Your tax dollars being wasted by the best of them.

FreeInAZ

Wow! This video has over 100,000 views?

ETA - I went back to this post about 2 months after this video was shot. The sign was still up. I went in and talked to Lt. Praydell(? spelling) He stated he wasn't going to change anything until he got orders to do so. MOC went downtown & asked to speak to Sheriff "Benny" about this. He was unavailable but a month or so after this the Red no carry sign were replaced by Yellow signs saying no weapons allowed in "secure area's".

Mike it would probably be best to secure your weapon before you go into "their" building unless you have a crowd of supporters with you to keep them from "jumping" you. :eek:

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

Wow! This video has over 100,000 views?

ETA - I went back to this post about 2 months after this video was shot. The sign was still up. I went in and talked to Lt. Praydell(? spelling) He stated he wasn't going to change anything until he got orders to do so. MOC went downtown & asked to speak to Sheriff "Benny" about this. He was unavailable but a month or so after this the Red no carry sign were replaced by Yellow signs saying no weapons allowed in "secure area's".

Mike it would probably be best to secure your weapon before you go into "their" building unless you have a crowd of supporters with you to keep them from "jumping" you. :eek:

I'll just explain to them...while being recorded, that I will happily disarm if they need me to go into a secure area. They can secure my firearm or I can secure it in my car, but I will be carrying in all public areas of the station.

I enjoy following the law, not the Sheriffs preference :p

FreeInAZ

I'll just explain to them...while being recorded, that I will happily disarm if they need me to go into a secure area. They can secure my firearm or I can secure it in my car, but I will be carrying in all public areas of the station.

I enjoy following the law, not the Sheriffs preference :p

Mike - I'm just saying they seem to be a bit "beat down" happy there. Be prepared for a a$$ whipping. :uhoh:

MikeTheGreek

Mike - I'm just saying they seem to be a bit "beat down" happy there. Be prepared for a a$$ whipping. :uhoh:

If I didn't have my heart set at working as a Wayne County Sheriff one day...I'd welcome the beat down and take a few of them on gladly :p

I dont think they'll just run in an attack me, if they ask me to disarm and won't listen that it's the law...yes, I will disarm and put my weapon in my trunk. Either way I'm there for my CPL, not like I can just walk out and not get my papers processed.

I was going to go down there with someone I know who is an Ex- Wayne county Sheriff, but he got tired of Michigan and moved to Texas last week without telling anyone. :eek: