• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All because she's hot doesn't mean she's not crazy...

Jack House

Headline: "Mad at Your Boyfriend's Eighth Grade Son? Why Not Plant a Gun in His Backpack and Send Him to School?"

LINK

Unbelievable.....
There is a little bit of advice floating around the net that always proves itself; no matter how hot they may be, do not, under any circumstance, put your... I'll stop right there, last word is crazy though. ;)

compmanio365

Hotness is usually proportional to craziness....there are exceptions to every rule, of course. I have learned that just because you may be doing dirty deeds with a woman does not by any means lead to having to trust her. Don't trust anybody, for that matter. Everybody has a price. For some, that price is awful low.....

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It says it was revenge.

Now, she might be stupid for thinking she could get away with it, but I can't yet judge whether or not the kid deserved it.

EMNofSeattle

did I miss something? where the feds riding in to charge her for GFSZA!!!!!!

Always repeatedly check your baggage for any contraband that may have been planted by crazy women....

MKEgal

compmanio365 said:
just because you may be doing dirty deeds with a woman does not by any means lead to having to trust her. Don't trust anybody, for that matter.
I'll never understand that way of thinking.
Trust people as much as they've shown they can handle. Start small, take time, work your way up to the life-shattering stuff.

And I'll never have sex with someone I don't trust (and like).
Those are very important preconditions.

MKEgal

[the live-in girlfriend] has been charged with two crimes: carrying a weapon on restricted premises and transfer of a handgun to someone under 18 years of age
The second I understand, but where did she carry it that was restricted?
Presumably she planted it in the backpack at home.
Or is that because she drove the kid to school? Story doesn't say if she has a carry license or not, or if TX follows federal law about licensees in a "GF"SZ.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
tough love ... who am I to tell a parent how to raise their kids ... she seems perfectly reasonable for the manson family

Jack House

Or is that because she drove the kid to school? Story doesn't say if she has a carry license or not, or if TX follows federal law about licensees in a "GF"SZ.
In Texas, with a CHL you are only barred from the buildings. Without a license, fed law.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
In Texas, with a CHL you are only barred from the buildings. Without a license, fed law.

Can you verify this, please? According to www.handgunlaw.us:
Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
Title 10 Chpt. 46 § 46.03
 On the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an
activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger
transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational
institution is public or private,

Last edited:

Logan 5

Damn she's cute. But then again....
Why is she so mad at the kid that she's willing to do that to him? Unless she's got the hots for him and he turned her down....

KBCraig

Can you verify this, please? According to www.handgunlaw.us:
Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
Title 10 Chpt. 46 § 46.03
 On the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an
activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger
transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational
institution is public or private,

You stopped reading too soon. You always want to check the definitions, not just assume the common meaning is used.

(c) In this section: (1) "Premises" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035.
Sec. 46.035 (f) In this section:
(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(emphasis added)

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You stopped reading too soon. You always want to check the definitions, not just assume the common meaning is used...

Thank you! I visit Texas often, and my buddy there always made sure I wouldn't carry when we played disc golf on this particular course that had some of its holes on the property of a school. I'll carry this with me next time I go, not just for him, but for any LEO as well. Of course, I have to conceal there anyway, but this will certainly ease his mind.

dmatting

If I was the father I would be extremely POd - not only at the girlfriend but with the police as well. This is a 13 year old kid and they interrogated him for SEVERAL HOURS. I would like to know if the father was present and if a lawyer was present during an interrogation of a 13 year old child. If the father allowed that to happen then shame on him.

END_THE_FED

My guess is that the law is worded in a similar way to....... "Whomever carries or causes to be carried a firearm in xyz is guilty of abc" Since she planted the firearm with the intent it would be taken to a restricted area she would fit the scope of the statute.

sharkey

If I was the father I would be extremely POd - not only at the girlfriend but with the police as well. This is a 13 year old kid and they interrogated him for SEVERAL HOURS. I would like to know if the father was present and if a lawyer was present during an interrogation of a 13 year old child. If the father allowed that to happen then shame on him.

I am not a LEO apologist by any means, I would give them a free pass here as long as they mirandized him.
Father should have taught his son his rights to a lawyer and to be quiet though. Having said that, in this case it's probably good he talked with the police.