• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane dnr lands

john smith

I feel this information pertains to OC as it gives my fellow shooters needed information pertaining to public lands available to them for recreational shooting, seek these places out, they belong to all of you as taxpayers in the state of Washington.

Stonelodge DNR lands Suncrest http://scfpd1.com/stations/station-4/ follow highway 291 from spokane within spokane the roadway is known as francis simply stay on it and it turns into highway 291 go past suncrest to the stonelodge fire station the fenceline bordering the fire station on the same side of the highway marks the beginning of state owned lands go a short distance further up the highway and turn in on the dirt road go up on top of the step and feel free to shoot one of the best places in spokane, no range fees, no stuffy range masters, discover pass required.

Swenson Road DNR lands Suncrest follow highway 291 to the intersection of jergens road turn right and follow it to the intersection of swenson road turn left and the first fenceline on your right which sits at a treeline marks the beginning of state owned lands a short distance further up the road you will see a gate turn right at the gate and go in you are now on state owned lands and are free to shoot, discover pass required.

Chapman Lake DNR lands Cheney southbound rock lake road from cheney to the intersection of chapman lake road turn left and head due east as the road breaks hard left you will climb slowly up a hill with a creek on your right on your left you will see a wire gate park here and walk in state owned lands often known as the chapman lake school section you know you have gone too far if you reach the main entrance to chapman lake very expansive parcel also great for hunting.

Downs Lake DNR lands Cheney/Sprague Lake from cheney follow mullinix road southbound past downs lake as you arrive at what is known as the rodna land bridge a massive rock structure rising up out of the valley floor on your left you will go past this and take your first left those lands on your left hand side are state owned lands with two gravel pits one is on the right just as you pass under the old railroad tressel awesome place to shoot with zero traffic.

Rock Lake DNR lands Cheney area from cheney follow rock lake road south to the intersection with hole in the ground road turn left and head due east to the intersection with miller home place road turn right onto miller home place road and cross the creek park at the road closure sign and walk in to the first fenceline on your left on this side of the road and on the other side of that fence exists a huge parcel of state owned lands great place to shoot and hunt.

Bonnie Lake DNR lands Cheney area from cheney follow rock lake road south to the intersection with hole in the ground road turn left and head due east to the intersection with long road turn left and head due north you will pass through agricultural areas and scab until you notice the road break hard left at a treeline a house exists just past this on your left made of brick just before that at the sharp bend to the left you will notice a series on fencelines on your right converging to one point at this point on the right hand side of the road exists the bonnie lake school section great place to shoot and hunt.

Williams Lake DNR lands Cheney area from cheney follow rock lake road south to the intersection with Martin Road on your right turn right and follow the road through the breaks as you climb the hill slightly on your right you will see a gate park here and walk in the first fenceline on your right marks the beginning of what is known as the williams lake school section it is land locked but legally accessible on foot great place to hunt and shoot.

Seek out these places, I found them over a lifetime of hunting and shooting, sharing them now as I am in bad health, passing on our knowledge is the only way to maintain our heritage.