Thread: Wrong Way..

Wrong Way..

hosted2.ap.org/...11.../id-b78505c12ded40aeb83db61e35c7ed12

Question

Neither of your threads has a link, or info about what you're trying to show us.
    Try again? (You can edit your original post, instead of starting more threads.)

ETA: never mind... found it.
    Here's a link.

A Dallas trucker imprisoned for seven months in Mexico on accusations that he tried to smuggle assault rifle ammunition into the country broke down in tears Friday when he returned to the U.S.
    he was on his way to Phoenix to deliver the ammunition in April when he took a wrong highway exit and accidentally crossed the border into Mexico. Despite his insistence it was an honest mistake, the 27-year-old was arrested and taken to a Mexican maximum security prison
    During his trial, Mexican customs agents contradicted prosecutors' claim that Bogan had 268,000 bullets hidden under the floorboards of his 18-wheeler's trailer when he was arrested. Agents testified in June that Bogan was trying to make a U-turn back into the U.S. when they found the ammunition bundled on top of wooden pallets inside the trailer.
    Did ya catch that? The prosecutors were crooked & the customs agents were honorable.
    How 'bout that!
    But the article also says that the ammo won't be returned to its rightful owner. I'd guess it's already being used by either corrupt gov't agents or the Mexican mafia.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon ... has blamed lax U.S. gun laws for the flow of weapons into Mexico.
    Apparently it's just due to bad road signage & design.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 11-24-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

Neither of your threads has a link, or info about what you're trying to show us.

Here's a link.

Did ya catch that? The prosecutors were crooked & the customs agents were honorable.
    How 'bout that!
    But the article also says that the ammo won't be returned to its rightful owner. I'd guess it's already being used by either corrupt gov't agents or the Mexican mafia.

Si Senorita MKE. Ve are corrupt! heh heh Tu est muy stupido. Ha ha! Donde estas tu dinero?
    My family lived in Mexico from 1974 to 1996. If you have money no official will question you. Key word: BRIBE!!

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

Here's a link.

How 'bout that!

I wonder how this effects his gun rights or his ability to obtain employment in the US?

I'm looking at google earth right now and I can definitely see how he might have gotten turned around....

I respect Mexico's sovereignty as a country and their right to make and enforce their own laws, but this is extreme. I can understand the concern over gun and ammo smuggling, it's their country, but IMO I think a better policy would be to have contacted the US government, ensure his ammo load was legit, and then have the mexican officials move his truck back over the border and release him to the U.S.

Sometimes using discretion is best for all involved.
    But good on the Mexican border agents for not changing their story to back up the prosecutor.

*Edit, it appears that the truck driver loses no rights in the US as the GCA only applies to convictions in Federal and State courts and not foriegn courts (Small v. US)
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 11-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member